onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 19th Mar 2016, Port Vale v Burton A, pre-match comments the game itself

Fosse69

Being a family man, you really shouldn't be making such irresponsible bets on a team that you had spent virtually the whole of the season criticising and whose manager you think is completely hopeless.

Michael's an incompetent wum from the Moorlands.

Advert

Tough game this and a tough team selection for Page. As much as Hooper changed the game up top McGivern's added pace really helped at the back after Inniss had one of his more shakey games. Definitely one for a management decision based around what Burton are like up top. (I haven't a clue) If they're big go Inniss, if pacey McGivern. Hooper has to start up top though, I still don't see anything in Theo (even work rate like Page does) that makes me believe he's an asset to the squad.

Tough game this and a tough team selection for Page. As much as Hooper changed the game up top McGivern's added pace really helped at the back after Inniss had one of his more shakey games. Definitely one for a management decision based around what Burton are like up top. (I haven't a clue) If they're big go Inniss, if pacey McGivern. Hooper has to start up top though, I still don't see anything in Theo (even work rate like Page does) that makes me believe he's an asset to the squad.

Or why not play Mcgivern and Inniss and drop Duffy?

Why would you play McGivern against pacy players? He lacks pace and struggles against pacy players.

Without doubt if Inniss fit and Palace give the nod then he starts we are far stronger at the back with him in the team and I think Hooper has earned his start up front aslong as Page is happy he is ready for it. It's nice to see Moore has forced his way back in and deserves to keep his place and I think a game against the league leaders with what should be a decent crowd is just the type of game he decides turn up for! I still reckon Kennedy has his part to play for us given the quality he undoutably has, so nice have strong options on the bench.

Or why not play Mcgivern and Inniss and drop Duffy?

It is another option that many seem to have simply discounted because Duffy had a good start to the season. Even his staunchest fan must admit that he has put in several "below par" performances of late. It is a relevant question being asked as to why Duffy "appears" to be chosen even after some poor games. McGivern is the usual one to be dropped but again imo he has improved massively this season. why not see how Innis /McGivern work together? Duffy is not God!

Tickets ordered on phone saves queuing as does me head in .

Conner wait utv .

Whoever the eleven r who r selected do your best that's all u can ask for .

Burton away was a real low for me let's lift those demons tomoz .

They controlled the game from start to finish ,tomorrow is redemption ☺.

Payed for me nephew for tomoz now 32 quid doesn't sound a lot but it is when u consider to the average working man in s.o.t it is .

Utv enough about that.

Match day, me and my boy up early both got our Vale tops on really looking forward to this one, feels like the old days when I had this buzz every home game! Win lose or draw I expect come 5 o'clock for the boys to have given it a right go and aslong as they have left everything on the pitch I'll be happy, gooo aarrrnn Vale.

Match day, me and my boy up early both got our Vale tops on really looking forward to this one, feels like the old days when I had this buzz every home game! Win lose or draw I expect come 5 o'clock for the boys to have given it a right go and aslong as they have left everything on the pitch I'll be happy, gooo aarrrnn Vale.

I assume you'll be slagging them off like you did last week

Archived