onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 19th Mar 2016, Port Vale v Burton A, pre-match comments the game itself

Fosse69

Advert

Win this and I will start to believe....Had a large slice of the best priced 12/1 for a top 6 finish, last night, just incase!...😆

A long shot needing to win something like 80% of remaining games but massive 6 pointers at home to the likes of Barnsley makes pintching that 6th spot a possibility at least!....😊

William Hill have Vale at 33/1 for promotion, yet they have Sheffield utd at 10/1 for promotion. So the bookies basically think we not got a chance. Though they did tip Leicester for relegation at the start of the season, so what do they know..

William Hill have Vale at 33/1 for promotion, yet they have Sheffield utd at 10/1 for promotion. So the bookies basically think we not got a chance. Though they did tip Leicester for relegation at the start of the season, so what do they know..

The most important thing for me is if we don't get in the play offs we go out all guns blazing and do not like in past seasons end the season in freefall .

We have a chance because the squad of players r all in together and everyone is at it .

Team spirit must be immense if we can bounce back from 2-0 down away ,that tells me all I need now ☺

I always thought it was the weight of money that determined the odds. Quite a few have cashed their Leicester bets in already, not happened to Vale yet though.

Win this and I will start to believe....Had a large slice of the best priced 12/1 for a top 6 finish, last night, just incase!...

A long shot needing to win something like 80% of remaining games but massive 6 pointers at home to the likes of Barnsley makes pintching that 6th spot a possibility at least!....

I had £100 on vale top half finish at the beginning of the season at 7/2 surely I'm quids in?

I had £100 on vale top half finish at the beginning of the season at 7/2 surely I'm quids in?

Course you did. Why would you bet on a team you called gutless cowards at half time last week? On here you were predicting relegation at the start of the season.

Course you did. Why would you bet on a team you called gutless cowards at half time last week? On here you were predicting relegation at the start of the season.

Yep at 2 down I did call them that and ate mountains of humble pie afterwards the boys did us proud and seeing as u have a photographic memory u should also remember my posts when I first put my bet on?

Yep at 2 down I did call them that and ate mountains of humble pie afterwards the boys did us proud and seeing as u have a photographic memory u should also remember my posts when I first put my bet on?

Being a family man, you really shouldn't be making such irresponsible bets on a team that you had spent virtually the whole of the season criticising and whose manager you think is completely hopeless.

Bookmakers odds at this stage of the season reflect what punters are prepared to bet, so it isn't want they know - it is public perception. Sheffield United are seen as a big club so will always be shorter odds than us in a similar situation, as more people will lazily choose them without researching things.

If I had to choose right now Id say Tottenham, Burnley, Wigan and Northamton as the 4 to top their leagues, and who knows with Vale - I wont predict as I cannot do it without bias- what I will say is that it is our best chance of a promotion in this division (Which I still call Div 3, old traditionalist that I am) for many a year, at least 10 years if not more.

If you fancy Vale heavily, bet smaller amounts on them winning each match one by one, then if it goes awry you can stop the bets, but if they beat Burton and Barnsley you can decide whether to increase your bet for the other games.

Id bet on a playoff place rather than promotion though, if we get the playoff place you can always put some on promotion at that point.

Expecting Vale win this game but have to keep reminding myself Burton are top for a reason and they deserve respect for that.

I honestly don't think Burton are the best side in this league and will not win it, and may not even get promoted.

Being top is only any real use at the beginning of May, we will see.

Archived