onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Congratulations V2001, another award for Port Vale

Twitters

Advert

I am fortunately (or unfortunately depending upon how you look at it) a pensioner who can attend the Vale games paying the concessionary price, but there are others who would like to watch but can't afford the excessive £21.50.

Some folks take home less than £200 and some don't even have employment and have so to revert to listening to radio Stoke when they would love to watch the Vale games.

The over priced attendance money is only due the incompetent mismanagement of the board who have sunk the club into financial embarrissment.

I am fortunately (or unfortunately depending upon how you look at it) a pensioner who can attend the Vale games paying the concessionary price, but there are others who would like to watch but can't afford the excessive £21.50.

Some folks take home less than £200 and some don't even have employment and have so to revert to listening to radio Stoke when they would love to watch the Vale games.

The over priced attendance money is only due the incompetant mismanagement of the board who have sunk the club into financial embarrissment.

And that isn't going to change any time soon. Even if they did do something about it there would still be something to moan about somewhere along the line.

As I said, some can't moan that prices are too high when they won't be going in the first place.

Guest splitfan

i think it should be, congrats SEO, ruining the club. anyone associated with them should hang there heads in shame, just because they dont want to go doesn't mean that they should make it more money for the people that do want to go and watch. all spend your £300 on shares and therefore vote the board out. simples

The sums about Vale are wrong... or overall day comes out at £27.30 (not £24.30)

20.50 + 3.00 + 2.30 + 1.50 = £27.30

Therefore that makes us 2nd most expensive not 8th!

Good spot. You are correct. We are the 2nd most expensive club in the league.

i think it should be, congrats SEO, ruining the club. anyone associated with them should hang there heads in shame, just because they dont want to go doesn't mean that they should make it more money for the people that do want to go and watch.

Yet that is exactly what the club did. They raised the price of the match day ticket, unannounced.

i think it should be, congrats SEO, ruining the club. anyone associated with them should hang there heads in shame, just because they dont want to go doesn't mean that they should make it more money for the people that do want to go and watch. all spend your £300 on shares and therefore vote the board out. simples
I'm sorry but quite simply Port Vale is very expensive in a low paid area. How do the others cope on gates on 2-2500 and still charge less than we do. The truth is the club is very badly run. The board expect us to pay top dollar but never sign a player unless he is for nowt. It isn't just us SEO people who are refusing to attend, what about the 3,500 who have just walked away?.

And that isn't going to change any time soon. Even if they did do something about it there would still be something to moan about somewhere along the line.

As I said, some can't moan that prices are too high when they won't be going in the first place.

But what if those moaning aren't moaning because of how much it would cost them to attend? What if they are looking at the future of the club and thinking how are we going to get new fans in when we charge so much? What if they want to convince a plastic prem friend to convert to Vale, but are struggling because of the cost involved? Personally I am concerned about how the club will attract new fans, or convince casual fans to become die- hards, the extra few quid is not really a problem to me as I a) only attend a few games each season (due to other commitments), and b) support SEO (in what little way I can). My concern is about how the club is distancing itself from its fan base by pricing them out of attending. SEO is only a short term thing, the long term affects of over pricing are a worry to all Vale fans, SEO or not.

Well it's a good job you aren't in charge, we'd be even more skint. There's no point running a cheap ticket deal if there isn't going to be the uptake. That's just stupid, and as people keep repeatedly stating they aren't going then there's even less point in such a scheme.

Or are you saying as a member of SEO that if the tickets were cheap you'd change you mind?

Surely if attendance drops you drop the price? to target the "masses" of fans that are not seo and are priced out of the matches, come on, raise the prices? how on earth would that help?

Morecambe, Dag & Red, Bristol Rovers, Oxford, Shrewsbury, Gillingham, and Swindon all have tickets more expensive than the vale.

If you can read he is on about the cheapest adult ticket. Now he meand vales cheapest adult ticket is £20.50 where as all those other clubs do have more expensive Adult tickets, They also have entrance fees cheaper than vale's cheapest ticket.

10 quid is the consessions figure. Only available to senior, stoooodents etc.

Vale charge 9 quid for youth (up to 18, but we all know that means up to about 24 :yes:).

From http://www.themillers.co.uk/page/HomeTicketsNews/0,,10360~1789520,00.html

Tickets for following home games are now on sale at Mangham House.

Prices are as follows:

Adult: £18

Concession (Student*, Disabled**, senior***): £10

Juvenile (Age 12-16): £6

Junior (Age 8-11): £5

These prices are applicable to both home and away fans

*With a valid NUS Card - Non-NUS card holders will need a letter stating you are on a full time course, which needs to be on letter headed paper signed by the college/university

**Higher and middle rate DLA

***60 and over

For more information contact our Ticket Office on 08444 140737

Again I am a student and 28, but I have pay full adult prices which I can't afford too often atm.

Archived