onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Justin in the dark over move

Jacko51

Advert

I find it weird that he got released with a year left so that he was able to join a team in our league. We have basically solved their striker problem and made ours much worse. Weird

There is nothing more weirder, than the weird people that run our club.

I find it weird that he got released with a year left so that he was able to join a team in our league. We have basically solved their striker problem and made ours much worse. Weird

I'm guessing MA has somebody else lined up, and one of the strikers had to go. He might not have played much had a new striker come in, so its probably worked out well - assuming we bring someone else in!

What worries me more is that Vale play Burton in a couple of weeks - wonder what odds there are on JR scoring?

You all must've been watching a different player than me, he never looked dangerous and couldn't hold the ball up and that is our biggest problem holding the ball up for players to join in attacking play. I'm not worried on the slightest coming up against him this season... And Adams would not let a striker leave for free without a plan...Pope ain't the greatest in the world but he can hold the ball up so it's got to better than JR...

Vale boss Micky Adams has revealed he is eager to add another striker to his squad before next weekend's opening fixture against Crawley Town.

With Justin Richards signing for Burton Albion on a two-year deal earlier this week, Adams believes his side are currently short of firepower.

He told port-vale.co.uk: "It was something both parties agreed to [Richards signing for Burton Albion] and it allows me to bring in another new frontman, or another player.

"It is a decision I have made as a manager and with the greatest respect, Marc and Justin are very similar players.

"I think there are still a couple of places to be settled, but I have been saying that all season - I think we are a couple of bodies short.

"Justin has gone and it allows us from a financial point of view to bring in another player - and I will be trying to do so.

Meanwhile, Adams believes next weekend's opponents, Crawley Town will be in the hunt for automatic promotion.

He added: "They are a confident side; they've been promoted and have got good players. They've strengthened their squad and they look as though they are going to be up there challenging for promotion, but we always knew that anyway.

"In an ideal world you probably want to steer away from the teams that are most confident. But it will be a big boost for us if we can beat them, particularly with them being one of the favourites.

Archived