onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

ST Renewals & budget targets for the season

andy jones

Noticed a few people querying whether they should renew STs as it seems to have gone quiet on change.

Well on the latter issue I know its currently the 'lull before the storm'.

On the issue of buying a ST well do whatever you want - its your conscience so live with it. - 54 years of watching the Vale but under no circimstances am I buying one until at least Bratt and Oliver have been removed.

And I'm certainly not paying at the turnstile on the day.

For those who have purchased STs - well as I've said on another thread a member of the media has told me that the club is apparently into its overdraft (i.e. ST money has gone) - the target budget to survive is gates bigger than last seasons 5,500 and is still reliant on generating considerable income from new shareholdings. (remember the loan from the Council now has to be included in budget figures)

My personal belief is that those targets are not achievable so keeping my money in my pocket may well actually be a profitable move.

I'll still get to see the Vale play away whenever I want.

Its just a possibility that surviving the EGM is the scenario that will see thm take the Vale into Admin.

No-one, even the Board, can deny that the names of Bratt and Oliver as Directors (assisted still by Jackson & Meigh) are ensuring that Port Vale FC is and will remain a club that is split asunder.

They are also aware that if they were to enter into constructive negotiation to enable change to happen over a staged and specificed period that the club's fan-base could again be united.

Instead they bury their heads in the sand knowingly taking our club under.

That, my friends, is no-one else's fault except theirs.

Advert

Noticed a few people querying whether they should renew STs as it seems to have gone quiet on change.

On the issue of buying a ST well do whatever you want - its your conscience so live with it. - 54 years of watching the Vale but under no circimstances am I buying one until at least Bratt and Oliver have been removed.

For those who have purchased STs - well as I've said on another thread a member of the media has told me that the club is apparently into its overdraft (i.e. ST money has gone) - the target budget to survive is gates bigger than last seasons 5,500 and is still reliant on generating considerable income from new shareholdings. (remember the loan from the Council now has to be included in budget figures)

My personal belief is that those targets are not achievable so keeping my money in my pocket may well actually be a profitable move.

Its just a possibility that surviving the EGM is the scenario that will see thm take the Vale into Admin.

No-one, even the Board, can deny that the names of Bratt and Oliver as Directors (assisted still by Jackson & Meigh) are ensuring that Port Vale FC is and will remain a club that is split asunder.

They are also aware that if they were to enter into constructive negotiation to enable change to happen over a staged and specificed period that the club's fan-base could again be united.

Too true Dave.

THEY have the power to unite the fans and get this club buzzing again.

Sadly they prefer to self preserve.

taken from Mo's Facebook today;

I am watching the Port Vale situation very carefully. I see the board have now cut season ticket prices & are offering discounts on merchandise.

They are desperate men, desperate for cash & running out of time.

I believe the fans are getting ever closer to finally removing the board, & when that happens, I hope to finally have the opportunity to help the club, unhindered by impossible restrictions.

And as Mo and LB have said, take us into admin and THEY will be held legally responsible!

What a shame it will be to see them suffer and pay for their ignorance,arrogance,self importance.;););)

I hope that the 3 scrotes are reading this,if not and any of their mate's are doing so.Then i hope they will be true mate's and tell each of them.

Agree totally with you Dave.Day by day I hate these men more and I will

never,ever, forget sitting at the EGM and feeling so sick and angry

when the results were read out.

No season ticket for me until 'they' have departed from OUR CLUB!

Even the offer of a 'freebie,' which is readily available, I will not step into

Vale Park.

How stupid can these men be carrying on ignoring the need for change?

Agree totally with you Dave.Day by day I hate these men more and I will

never,ever, forget sitting at the EGM and feeling so sick and angry

when the results were read out.

No season ticket for me until 'they' have departed from OUR CLUB!

Even the offer of a 'freebie,' which is readily available, I will not step into

Vale Park.

How stupid can these men be carrying on ignoring the need for change?

Why not auction off the freebie with proceeds to the sproson fund?

We're just trouble makers remember Marie.

We may have thousands upon thousands of years supporting Vale, but according to Bratt & Co. we are just trouble makers.

Shocking, at our age Dave you'd think we would know better:rolleyes:

We're just trouble makers remember Marie.

We may have thousands upon thousands of years supporting Vale, but according to Bratt & Co. we are just trouble makers.

I spoke to Carpetman today and we are now very close to the 10k mark.

Well said AJ; it is the board who will take ultimate responsibility - interesting to hear from your media source that the Club are already into overdraft. I believe if this is the case then we must question their decision making process and the contracts they have been handing out in order to get cash flowing into the club. Is this really people acting in the best interests of the club or acting out of self-preservation? We really need to see the substance to these 'contracts' so as to make a value judgement.

I thought I'd put on here to from the other thread my reasoning as to why SEO is working:

All the evidence coming out of the club suggests that SEO is working:

1. The reintroduction of cheap ST's on two ocassions

2. MA statements on using youth instead of loans to save money

3. The lack of any quality new signings

4. Rumours that the catering contract is linked to money up front (this suggests that cash flow is a problem)

5. The lack of detail about other 'successes'. Are these deals in the medium or long term interest of Port Vale? If the the directors are selling off the silver to sustain cashflow then one might argue they acting for self preservation rather than the good of the club. This might be construed as being illegal. Hopefully the club can break the silence and give us some figures?

6. The reduction in ST sales must be hitting hard as it is used by all clubs to get through the barren summer months. (this seems even more likely given what your media source said about the overdraft)

This is my quick analysis of why I believe SEO is working.

My thoughts........

It pains me not to have a season ticket it really does.

I will end up attending on occasions but they are going to lose around £600 from my families input this season.

I think the club is in dire straits financially, probably to the point where we may be struggling to pay next months salaries.

I think also that Mark Simms will turn down his boardroom opportunity based on the financial structure of the business at present.

This will deepen the resentment further and push the club club closer than ever to administaration.

Bill Bratt and his chums MUST now be seeking any form of finance from any source other than MO and Mark.

A few poor results or injuries to Key players (namely Marc Rico) will again create a wider chasm resulting in turmoil prior to October/ Nov.

This board should go now, £500k will be posted, positivity will soon envelope the club and we will move

forward.

I honestly thought (foolishly through rose coloured glasses) that there would be some form of positive outcome via the board to UNITE all supporters, potential investors and board members within the last 7 weeks - WE have HAD NOTHING which speaks volumes for the Club, it's Board, it's employees and more importantly it's fantastic Supporters - MADNESS

The absolute longest stay of execution for the Vale Park 3 is the next AGM - BY THEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE

Archived