onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 28th Nov 2015, Rochdale v Port Vale, pre-match comments, the match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

I don't think Moore will start. The pitch is going to be like a bog.

Yes, thats part of what I mean. He went off with a slight hamstring problem last match and he seems to dislike bad weather and associated conditions.

So if he doesn't start who will play in his place? Birchill or Dodds? I don't like the idea of that.

The fact that Yates is starting again is a joke. He was shocking on Tuesday, his forward play was abysmal and he just kept aimlessly heading the ball forward to one of their players. This shows Page clearly does have his favorities still as there is no way anyone can justify Yates keeping his place over Purkiss especially after a very poor game.

Just to note, I'm not attacking Yates. He is a fine back up for Purkiss when he is injured. But there is no way he should be starting over him.

The fact that Yates is starting again is a joke. He was shocking on Tuesday, his forward play was abysmal and he just kept aimlessly heading the ball forward to one of their players. This shows Page clearly does have his favorities still as there is no way anyone can justify Yates keeping his place over Purkiss especially after a very poor game.

Just to note, I'm not attacking Yates. He is a fine back up for Purkiss when he is injured. But there is no way he should be starting over him.

Yates and Birchill, two of last seasons failure team , but Page trying to justify his contracts with them. I now fear the worst for today.

Yates and Birchill, two of last seasons failure team , but Page trying to justify his contracts with them. I now fear the worst for today.

Our right side isn't league 1 standard. Fair enough they should've got contracts as they're on low wages and are ok back ups, and fair enough Birchall starting as there's no one else. But you start your best players available, and Yates is clearly not one of them.

This shows Page clearly does have his favorities still as there is no way anyone can justify Yates keeping his place over Purkiss especially after a very poor game.

What?! What a stupid thing to say. Yates only got his chance because Purkiss was injured, nothing to do with Page favouring Yates. He didn't even give Yates a first XI squad number, and sent him out on loan earlier in the season. Maybe Yates should now make way now that Purkiss is fit but Page seems to give players a chance to earn their place in the starting line-up and we are yet to lose with Yates in the side.

Be a big test this is thought he would pick that team ,seems like a fair few have made the effort go so hope the performance is enjoyable for them .

Horrible weather here in s.o.t let's hope the lads play with confidence and no fear .

This is exactly what annoys me about Page. 4th game in 10 days, openly admitted there were alot of legs gone after a hectic schedule on Tuesday night where we didn't play particularly well. He goes and picks virtually the same team barring Byrons knock. Why? Another 90 mins on a heavy pitch today, this rubbish about not changing a winning team is absurd. A team should be picked for each individual occasion. I'd have like to see him freshen it up a bit today. Purkiss and Ikpeazu should have started for me. I predict a loss with fresh legs coming on around the 70th minute then Page to use the 4 games in 10 days card in his after match interview. You have to give yourself the best chance of winning & I don't think Page has done that with his selection today. He needs to be more cut throat & not start the same side just because they won the last match.

We shall see what today brings. I hope to be proved wrong.

Archived