onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

officals

RayWalkers40yarder

im trying to take an unbiased view here as its very easy to lean towards your own team on this matter with regards to decisions but are standards in officiating at vale park getting worse? the Peterborough ref was particularly awful (for both sides I think) and the liner yet again paddock side was caught ball watching instead of keeping up with the defensive line several times especially in the second half and its not the first time this or for many a season before :angry:

Advert

im trying to take an unbiased view here as its very easy to lean towards your own team on this matter with regards to decisions but are standards in officiating at vale park getting worse? the Peterborough ref was particularly awful (for both sides I think) and the liner yet again paddock side was caught ball watching instead of keeping up with the defensive line several times especially in the second half and its not the first time this or for many a season before :angry:

The liner at the Lorne Street should have been carrying a white stick! He was TOTALLY useless and couldn't see 5 yards infront of his own nose. Disgrace!

Yes RW40 yarder, the officials at Vale are definitely getting worse....from really bad to absolutely dire just lately.

Thought the one against Peterborough wasn't that bad compared to what we have had this season

Thought the one against Peterborough wasn't that bad compared to what we have had this season

Probably because he was the biggest homer I have ever seen!

Normally so long as they get the big decisions in a game right and that decisions have a credibility about them assessment marks will reflect positively, the poorest performance in that respect has to be the Blackpool JPT official who got two major decisions completely wrong.

That said the officials haven't been all bad and some of the fans around the stadium do need to take their blinkers off.

Probably because he was the biggest homer I have ever seen!

Normally so long as they get the big decisions in a game right and that decisions have a credibility about them assessment marks will reflect positively, the poorest performance in that respect has to be the Blackpool JPT official who got two major decisions completely wrong.

That said the officials haven't been all bad and some of the fans around the stadium do need to take their blinkers off.

REP, Come back to Lorne Street and witness the really poor liners there almost EVERY week!

I know it's a difficult job nowadays but the liners only seem interested in staring directly across the pitch to try and witness offside decisions(which they regularly get wrong any way!). They never look at the play and what players are actually doing to each other, i.e. foul, push, elbow etc etc. I do agree however that the referee on Saturday was more in our favour than theirs!

Realise you are/were a ref etc yourself and perhaps you see matters from that angle, compared to the fervent, biased fans we are!lol.

In this day and age of mega money in football, one wrong call from a ref can cost a club millions and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.Just look at the decision to give the Aussies that incorrect last min penalty and how much that has cost Scotland.

In this day and age of mega money in football, one wrong call from a ref can cost a club millions and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.Just look at the decision to give the Aussies that incorrect last min penalty and how much that has cost Scotland.

That decision was shocking! Robbed the Scots. I thought Butland was lucky to go unpunished in the Sjoke, Swansea matchup last night. Dangerous foot up. Then I hear Hughes defending it. Joke

That decision was shocking! Robbed the Scots. I thought Butland was lucky to go unpunished in the Sjoke, Swansea matchup last night. Dangerous foot up. Then I hear Hughes defending it. Joke

The scots were robbed, that's my point there's nothing they can do about it. If a ref says black is white it's white and it's costing clubs mega bucks.

The scots were robbed, that's my point there's nothing they can do about it. If a ref says black is white it's white and it's costing clubs mega bucks.

Totally agree. The problem is there is no accountability for officials. The mistakes are becoming too frequent and with the increased money in sport, your right it does cost organisations huge sums. In a tournament as big as the Rugby World Cup and with the TMO etc there should be no chance of poor, costly decisions like that one standing. I don't think the ref running away or the Aussie coach covered themselves in glory either.

Its a pet hate of mine - people moaning about ref decisions

Refs will never get all decisions correct, in the same way that players don't get every pass, shot or save correct.

also as long as players try to con refs by diving, feigning injury etc why should they expect the ref to get all decisions correct - the players are basically trying to get refs to give incorrect decisions !

as to whether the Scots were robbed - no, the reason they lost the game wasn't down to the last minute decision, it was due to missing kicks, giving penalties away earlier in the game, poor play from re starts etc. the only way they could have been ''robbed'' by the last minute decision was if everything they had done before was perfect ( in which case they would have been miles ahead anyway )

technology can help but it does take the flow from the game and even it has been shown in cricket it is not perfect

Sport depends on referees and sport is not perfect so refs will always make some mistakes

in an ideal world players could help refs by playing to the rules, stop trying to con them etc - never going to happen-

so as long as that is the way players play the game then we have to support refs to do the best they can without bias and accept that is sport

Another incident a few years back, Man Utd. Playing in a champions league quarter or semi final(can't remember which) Utd score a goal with the ball a yard over the line, ref says it didn't cross the line, Utd go out of the competition losing millions of £.

At least that can't happen nowadays.

Its a pet hate of mine - people moaning about ref decisions

Refs will never get all decisions correct, in the same way that players don't get every pass, shot or save correct.

also as long as players try to con refs by diving, feigning injury etc why should they expect the ref to get all decisions correct - the players are basically trying to get refs to give incorrect decisions !

as to whether the Scots were robbed - no, the reason they lost the game wasn't down to the last minute decision, it was due to missing kicks, giving penalties away earlier in the game, poor play from re starts etc. the only way they could have been ''robbed'' by the last minute decision was if everything they had done before was perfect ( in which case they would have been miles ahead anyway )

technology can help but it does take the flow from the game and even it has been shown in cricket it is not perfect

Sport depends on referees and sport is not perfect so refs will always make some mistakes

in an ideal world players could help refs by playing to the rules, stop trying to con them etc - never going to happen-

so as long as that is the way players play the game then we have to support refs to do the best they can without bias and accept that is sport

And why do players try to con refs? Because of £££££

Can't agree with that part. Fair enough Scotland created their own troubles. Throwing to the back of the line out in the wet. Questionable. That doesn't excuse the official, however. Simply go to the TMO (30 second look) reverse the decision and move on. It works week in week out in the NFL and all changes of possession are reviewed inside the 2 minute warning. Granted there have been some awkward moments recently but in the main the system works. A correct decision that takes 30 sec - 1 min is better than a team being eliminated for an incorrect call

Can't agree with that part. Fair enough Scotland created their own troubles. Throwing to the back of the line out in the wet. Questionable. That doesn't excuse the official, however. Simply go to the TMO (30 second look) reverse the decision and move on. It works week in week out in the NFL and all changes of possession are reviewed inside the 2 minute warning. Granted there have been some awkward moments recently but in the main the system works. A correct decision that takes 30 sec - 1 min is better than a team being eliminated for an incorrect call

for an ''offside'' decision the ref is not allowed to go to the TMO ( unfortunate but apparently that's the rule )

Archived