onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Harlequin featured on Rip-Off Britain

Pheonix Vale

NI numbers are all on computer. HMRC has all earnings data. It's all there. Do a few sorts on a spreadsheet.

If only it were that simple....thousands of exception possibilities.

People like my good friends Alan and Sally, who worked here until 2000 then moved to Spain, now back, and lots of other people who have spent some time abroad but worked enough here/ Self-employed, some who have had their tax changed many times, - the tax office have endless trouble and would just not be able to do this, I have just spoken to a friend who works there who confirmed it wouldn't be possible.

Every IT project the govt touches ends up costing billions more than it should - the NHS IT projects are the best example, and doing this would not work, would deprive many hundreds of thousands of people, give wrong payments to loads more, and cost an untold fortune - saving on giving WFA to all pensioners nil.

However, we seemed to have digressed from the original point I made on this - that the remarks made by Alex Wild were disgraceful, Id be interested in your view on that.

I believe I read that you are a pensioner, are you happy with this man hoping you might forget which party took benefits away and asking that changes are timed so that some of your peers are dead in case they vote against his tory friends? That is what matters here, as it shows the lack of integrity, honesty and compassion of this bunch of users.

Advert

However, we seemed to have digressed from the original point I made on this - that the remarks made by Alex Wild were disgraceful, Id be interested in your view on that.

I agree.

What I don't agree with, however, is the "can't do" attitude you outline above. How about, let's try and see what we can do? How about getting it half right instead of getting none of it right?

But back on topic, I hope Harlequin burn in hell!

I agree.

What I don't agree with, however, is the "can't do" attitude you outline above. How about, let's try and see what we can do? How about getting it half right instead of getting none of it right?

But back on topic, I hope Harlequin burn in hell!

Well, i'll make it my closing remark on the WFA (unless asked a question) and explain that my view on trying to implement an IT project linking NI numbers and tax office records is based on previous IT disasters by both parties when in government. The cost is always astronomically over budget and if you are inclined and have time, just have a look at some similar projects with the government and NHS and other departments. It won't happen so we wont know, but fair enough.

I really don't know enough about Harlequin except that they did ok when sponsors for a while, then from what I can glean became really anti-Vale later and if they really did swindle people then the full force of the law should be used against them - we have enough profiteering fraudsters running the banks and parts of the government, allegedly, and don't actually need any more.

I wonder how many other football clubs have had an input of money from unpleasant or illegal sources as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Just pay it and then adjust tax thresholds to take it into account so that the income rich tax paying pensioner that is above the threshold has a lower tax allowance and so pays it back thru their taxes...easy enough and cheap enough to administer and protects those with the lowest income. Maybe even step it to take into account how far above the threshold they are..if you're just over you keep some of it, way over you keep none of it.

I'd agree with that so long as it didn't penalise the pensioners who have saved throughout their lives to build themselves a nest-egg.

These people should be entitled to the same benefits of others who have frittered their life income away down at the pub and bookies etc.

My grandparents didn't smoke or drink, earned virtually the same as their next door neighbours and got chuff all in later life comparatively as they chose to enjoy their retirement.

This will always rankle with me.

I'd agree with that so long as it didn't penalise the pensioners who have saved throughout their lives to build themselves a nest-egg.

These people should be entitled to the same benefits of others who have frittered their life income away down at the pub and bookies etc.

My grandparents didn't smoke or drink, earned virtually the same as their next door neighbours and got chuff all in later life comparatively as they chose to enjoy their retirement.

This will always rankle with me.

Exactly,people who have saved all their lives are the ones that would be penalised.People who've ****ed it up the wall would be the main beneficiaries.

Well yes but not everyone who has been unable to save sufficiently for their retirement has frittered away their cash

Its' about not hitting those that did put cash aside rather than hitting those who were not able to.

Depends what you mean by 'not able'.

Absolutely it does..but there are people who thru circumstances outside of their control are not able to put cash aside..the sick, some disabled, those caring for family members, those supporting family members financially, some in low paid jobs and so on..we have to look after them and not punish them for not being able to put cash aside

Archived