onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Loyalty Card

Yukon

My old man has often said, and I completely agree with him, is the club are poor at recognising , those who do put their hard earned into the club, whether that be season tickets, match day tickets or merchandise.

In this day and age when everything is on computer, there's no reason why the club couldn't, for example, acknowledge five season tickets on the bounce with a free shirt etc or buying ten match day tickets would entitle you to a free one. It doesn't have to end with tickets, why not get something back for how much you chuck at the club shop too.

There are lots of people that would love to have a season ticket but can not for reasons that are their own but they still come when they can and a card of the nature I'm suggesting would enable them to accrue points and get the odd freebie. This system could work all the way from those that go to two games a year to box holders

It might be a completely unfeasible idea but I was trying to think of a way to unite the fan base, irrespective of their involvement or commitment. Plus I like free stuff, lovely lovely free stuff- and the point is, so does everyone else. If people think they'll get something for nothing, they'll do it (hopefully)

Just a thought

Advert

Agree there is more that can be done here. As things stand season ticket holders can't even secure their own seat for cup matches. I posted previously about season tickets where we have 2 adults and 2 kids. The free programme on tickets 2,3 and 4 would have been better replaced with say a £10 voucher for the club shop, where in all likelihood the actual spend would be more than this.

Agree there is more that can be done here. As things stand season ticket holders can't even secure their own seat for cup matches. I posted previously about season tickets where we have 2 adults and 2 kids. The free programme on tickets 2,3 and 4 would have been better replaced with say a £10 voucher for the club shop, where in all likelihood the actual spend would be more than this.

My thinking was that you could choose how your "loyalty points" were redeemed- tickets, merchandise and since it's in house now even food or drink.

What about joining up with Nectar points, getting points on season tickets, single matchday tickets, shop merchandise ect, then being able to redeem points against season tickets, matchday tickets or shop merchandise ? My Nectar card earns about £80 a year, i would happily exchange that against a season ticket or 10 game ticket ?? But like everything else it may not be that easy to organise.

A loyalty card would not just benefit fans, it would also garner the club valuable information about fans, what they buy, how often they attend, and analysing spending patterns/fan behaviour can only help the commercial side, surely.

A loyalty card would not just benefit fans, it would also garner the club valuable information about fans, what they buy, how often they attend, and analysing spending patterns/fan behaviour can only help the commercial side, surely.

Indeed. I was focusing on the fans as people do like a conspiracy theory. Truth is, any reward scheme has to work both ways to be feasible

I think things like free shirts are great but any "bonus" doesn't even need to be things that cost the club...

There are plenty of ways the club could acknowledge "loyalty" - such as giving fans a chance to meet their favourite player after a game, a mention on the scoreboard, a walk onto the pitch pre-game, a dedicated page in the programme with their names listed etc - none of those things will actually cost the club anything but may well be a memorable thing for a fan.

I think things like free shirts are great but any "bonus" doesn't even need to be things that cost the club...

There are plenty of ways the club could acknowledge "loyalty" - such as giving fans a chance to meet their favourite player after a game, a mention on the scoreboard, a walk onto the pitch pre-game, a dedicated page in the programme with their names listed etc - none of those things will actually cost the club anything but may well be a memorable thing for a fan.

Good ideas there! I like it. This is definitely something the club could look at and as you say it wouldn't have to cost them the earth.

The possibilities are endless. As mentioned above, non-season ticket holders could use them for away ticket priority. How many non-season ticket holders would have paid the virtual cost of a ticket in the home end, in loyalty points, for ability to buy a Crewe ticket? I bet a few would

This thread is superb, and I have to admit a good example of where OVF really can contribute to the club. More ideas threads like this please, to build the buzz and as an antidote to the 'Im not going anymore if x is manager and the toilets aren't painted orange and purple'.

Yes. still need opinion from elsewhere as well, but the above and some earlier this thread are quality.

Here is what I think is a good idea I know slightly off topic but thought I would throw it in.

I have been lucky enough to attend the end of season bash as a guest of a very good friend 2 out of the last 3 season, 2 players sit and wine and dine with you on a table of 10, you get to meet all the players have photos taken with them meet the chairman etc etc. Absolutely fantastic night out.

As an little earner for the club why not over the course of the season run a raffle for 2 pairs of tickets for 2 fans + wife's / friend to attend say £10 a raffle ticket, pre and post event build up in match day programme. Just another thought

This thread is superb, and I have to admit a good example of where OVF really can contribute to the club. More ideas threads like this please, to build the buzz and as an antidote to the 'Im not going anymore if x is manager and the toilets aren't painted orange and purple'.

Yes. still need opinion from elsewhere as well, but the above and some earlier this thread are quality.

The other thread was good, perhaps approached from slightly the wrong angle but with good intent.... I think.

Here is what I think is a good idea I know slightly off topic but thought I would throw it in.

I have been lucky enough to attend the end of season bash as a guest of a very good friend 2 out of the last 3 season, 2 players sit and wine and dine with you on a table of 10, you get to meet all the players have photos taken with them meet the chairman etc etc. Absolutely fantastic night out.

As an little earner for the club why not over the course of the season run a raffle for 2 pairs of tickets for 2 fans + wife's / friend to attend say £10 a raffle ticket, pre and post event build up in match day programme. Just another thought

Could that be done on occasions throughout the season? Night out with ? at £ X per head... every couple of months?

Archived