onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ryan Lowe

Pops

That investment will now be tied up in the Esporta deal, wonder if Mo is knocking it down and building houses ?

No, he is going to make it as exclusive gym by all accounts, with state of the art equipment. Heard he will be throwing £800k at it, but now he has offically signed the deal with the land lord (Tuesday this week) I cant see where he gets the money from to get the vale as well!!??

Advert

No, he is going to make it as exclusive gym by all accounts, with state of the art equipment. Heard he will be throwing £800k at it, but now he has offically signed the deal with the land lord (Tuesday this week) I cant see where he gets the money from to get the vale as well!!??

do you think he is short of a bob or two

Hardly going leave him with 13k in the bank is it :D

Hi AVIM,

The investment was considerably more than the £1.2M acquisition of new shares and we had budgeted for investment in the business and an improved playing budget. Players such as Ryan were well within our budget. Our priority however was to invest in the youth set up ad that is where we see the long term value.

Hi LB. I think its a valid point that expectations should be managed with respect to the first team. For success there, the correct manager is the most important at this level (imo). Mo would have a chance to leave a lasting legacy at VP. Getting us promoted but leaving nothing in place to maintain that higher standing wouldn't really be a wise use of his time or resources.

To be honest, I don't think for a minute that is Mo's intention. But some people seem to think we will become the next Crawley town in terms of transfer spends, and that is simply not the case.

Mr Chaudry has a 32 million fund for projects and could buy Esporta and Vale many times over....Mo already has enough houses and property....hope this sets your mind at ease over such concerns.

Thats a project though, not cash in the bank surely. If so how do you know that? I like the guy but not sure he has ten's of millions to play with as everyone thinks. Time will tell!

Hardly going leave him with 13k in the bank is it :D

When I spoke to him at the Esporta leaving party 2 weeks ago (before he had offically signed for the gym) he told me he is still very keen on both projects and still really wants the vale. I am sure he is as well. Lets hope he gets both, my only concern is how much cash does he actually have? No good having money tied up in investments and property unless he gets loans against them?? He needs cash to take on 2 huge projects like these ones!

No - Thats my point. They did spend a lot of money on an unaffordable playing budget though a few seasons back.

Was that the 1.6 million budget in League 1 that was 400k over the usual 1.2 million....would that even be anywhere near competitive in League 1 today.

Then again they did asset strip the squad and Foyle made them 1.5 million in player sales and cup runs...to add to the 3.5 million worth of debt they've run up.

Mo Chaudry wants to put 5 million into the club and with Academy Status and good signings the playing side will be transformed...however there should be enough for the odd jobs around the Park as well.

Perhaps a professionally run club with ambition is something of a shock just like when Micky Adams arrived and it was a shock to actually have a proper manager.

Guest Tony Dyche
When I spoke to him at the Esporta leaving party 2 weeks ago (before he had offically signed for the gym) he told me he is still very keen on both projects and still really wants the vale. I am sure he is as well. Lets hope he gets both, my only concern is how much cash does he actually have? No good having money tied up in investments and property unless he gets loans against them?? He needs cash to take on 2 huge projects like these ones!

I have seen Mo's proof of funding. He is more than capable of buying a Gym and a Football Club.

Hi SW,

There is no issue with cash. Never has been despite the rubbish spouted by the Board at ome point. Mo is a wealthy man and of all the propganda that has been published to discredit him over the last 6 months, the questionning of his wealth is the most laughable !!! - and the board know this in truth.

As I say, Mo's pursuit of Esporta is not at the expense of Vale. He is just getting on with business and doing what he does best.

Regards

No we couldn't ....

Hi valiant-593,

I am 100% confident we could have made Ryan an offer that would have tempted him. I know Ryan's adviser very well and I know what the player wants both in terms of financial package and opportunity. Having said that it is all supposition now as the moment has passed.

Plenty more players out there - if you know where to look and who to speak with.

Interesting developments at Stockport. Well done to Graham Shaw if he pulls the investment off.

Regards

Archived