onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 25th Aug, 2015, LC2 West Brom v Port Vale, pre-match comments, the match itself

Fosse69

No they're not.

@Melv he's relating to Manchester United for example if you have a season ticket cup games are automatically taken out of your bank account regardless of if you turn up or not!

A season ticket at Wolves entitles you to the first 2 rounds of the league cup free.

Advert

Going to be great night whatever the result.

Vale have nowt to lose and some of our players will relish the challenge at a Premier Club.

WBA will take this seriously as they will want to progress through to the final stages. Our lads can show what they are about and if we can play to our potential that's all us fans can ask.

Sure Norman will have a ball leading us at his 1st Premier encounter. Let's all give him and the lads our feelings by backing the Team throughout the entire game. Come on Vale a big cup upset, please.

I think we will probably sit back to much and will be a similar match to Swindon. The way Pulis sets his team up I would think the best result we will achieve is a 0-0. Hopefully we won't let the occasion get to us and some will take it as a chance to shine especially the younger ones like Inniss and Andoh who are looking to make it big in their careers. Uche could scare them to death but them being Prem the ref will give them loads of fouls.

TBH if we play well regardless of the result I'll be happy and the atmosphere will be electric, I can't wait.

Just so our best and expect nothing. Remember the gap on the leagues is massive.

Does this become a nice pay day though as are West Brom one club who by default make ST holders buy cup tickets?

Nope we aren't I think we'll get 11-12,000 Because the chelsea game was expensive for non ST owners

Well we will have 2700 away fans so hopefully there will be at least 10k home fans considering its a midlands derby and only a tenner get in. Also i hope it aint like fulham away a few years back where we took about 2000 got beat 6 nil and it chucked it down with rain all night.

:laugh: Sorry but that is quite funny at least you'll be undercover, In the past with teams such as Gateshead and Oxford we've given them the entire gate. Peace is pretty good like that. Sadly I can't make it, but, I hope you all have a good night

Worth a shilling or two at 9/1 or similar odds for a Vale win, covered by a small wager of half-time full time bets for Vale HT/ WBA FT, Vale HT/draw FT, and draw HT / WBA FT.

Im having a fiver on Vale at 9/1 and £1 each on the other three HT/FT bets, and further insurance for disappointment £1 on WBA winning on pens after extra time, which would be the worst of all heartbreaks.

I'd also like Uche to 'accidentally' tread on Tiny Pulis dainty feet on the way out of the tunnel to announce his presence.:)

The crucial thing for me is that we play with pride, continue to play with the same ethos and culture as we have done since the beginning of the season. This game is a shot to nothing. The importance is that it doesn't knock our confidence for the league campaign but enhances it.

Does anyone know where there is likely to be a decent radio stream or whether anyone's putting one out? I see from the Radio Stoke schedule that the FM channel (I can only receive FM, living outside the MW area) is being dedicated to a much bigger game.

Valiant Player, £4.50 a month, they put up extended highlights as well as other content.

Well for what it's worth you have to be in it to win it

I will take pride in representing our great Club against my first Prem opposition

I like being the underdog

Will be a great night

Thank you for what you have done for our great club Smurf enjoy your day as I will if I see you I will get you pint by the way Saturday was the best Vale performance I have seen in years we are going in the right direction thanks to you .

Archived