onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Budget.

woodypvfc

I can see a few faces going out on loan after a few weeks.

Judging from Pages interview Hooper is more likely to start with the reserves so would of thought he'd replace Campion, with Campion out on loan, if he agrees to it.

Then potentially a Prem League / Championship Striker in on Loan if the current bunch not delivering, with perhaps then the likes of Daniel out.

Advert

Judging from Pages interview Hooper is more likely to start with the reserves so would of thought he'd replace Campion, with Campion out on loan, if he agrees to it.

Then potentially a Prem League / Championship Striker in on Loan if the current bunch not delivering, with perhaps then the likes of Daniel out.

I'd sat there a worse players in our current crop than Daniel.

My thoughts as well. As much as Hooper is a goalscorer, he's not got much experience at this level. I think it's a case of biding our time and hopefully he will hit the ground running when he is ready.

Very pleased however to see us going after players that have impressed at lower levels and seeing if we can make something of them. It's been something we've been missing since the Rudgie days and I think most would agree it's a business model that would serve the club well.

Lets be honest...all the media and social media statements that Smurf made about the budgets weren't wholly based on fact (IMHO).

I think he always had the intention to spend more but was trying to lower fans expectations so that when we came to the beginning of the season the fans would be very much on his side due to his 'extra' commitment to the club.

I actually think this is one of Normans better PR moments so fair play.

Although, if I'm honest, I think Page comes across a little weak in the 'Smurf/Page' relationship.

Although, if I'm honest, I think Page comes across a little weak in the 'Smurf/Page' relationship.

What's the alternative? Smurf and Page at each other's throats? Been there, done that. Let's move on.

While Smurf holds the purse strings he's always going to be in the stronger position; ask any manager in the professional game.

??????? What's the need in getting rid of it? I'm interested in just how much our fantastic chairman has put into the club again this summer. I've done my bit with a season ticket for the first time in 8 years, spent in the club shop which is better than I can ever remember, and finally managed to get our Xmas party moved to the vale. I just wondered how much it's costing smurf.

I'm sure he'll tell us.

What's the alternative? Smurf and Page at each other's throats? Been there, done that. Let's move on.

While Smurf holds the purse strings he's always going to be in the stronger position; ask any manager in the professional game.

Didn't say there was an alternative....didn't say I wanted one...merely pointed out that Page came across quite weak...which he does. I think a lot of managers in the professional game would step in if a chairman tried to involve himself in player selection but as Page is new I imagine its in his best interests to go with it in the hope he can build up a good CV for the time being.

But I'm not criticising either of them....just making an observation.

Who would you rather have .

Smurf - who keeps saying the budget is spent and how we need more supporters in to make ends meet and so driving down the inflated expectations of footballers and agents

Or

"Load-a-Money" - Remember the 1980 ****** flashing money from every orifice - paying over the odds for everything because he's got Loads-A-Money

I'll take the business sense of Smurf who, it might be accused of, is using Billy Bell as a role model - we didn't do too bad under skin flint Billy

Archived