onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Starve-Em-Out Non-Sense

ValeMadrid87

Where's the thick?

Bil Bratt and Co have had supporters money season after season. What have they achieved with it so far? After 8 years I see:

1) Relegation

2) No promotion

3) Disastrous managerial appointments with the exception of Adams

4) Investor after investor turned away, for less than conclusive reasons

5) Season upon season of accounting losses. Yet somehow the board believe that Port Vale is moving forward on and off the pitch.

6) Carrying on after the shareholders won a vote of no confidence

7) A last minute deal arranged with a major shareholder in order to secure his vote at the EGM, in an attempt to preserve the Jackson 5 board, or put another way, to silence the voice of the shareholders.

8) Misquoting V2001 founding principles e.g. the 24.9% rule, one shareholder / one vote.

9) Fast tracking a manager to be a director, while seemingly putting obstacles in the way of the shareholders elected director, Mark Sims.

10) A chairman whose idea of creating a good working environment and supporter / shareholder relationship is to announce in the press, time after time, that he will stand down.

11) Investment from an American company without having done due diligence on said company.

12) V2001 charter described as "neither here nor there".

13) Lorne Street stand unfinished.

14) A steadily declining standard of team personnel. Compare Horton's team when V2001 came in to the team now.

14 points. One for each time Bill Bratt has said he will stand down. I'm sure there are many many more.

Are there a similar number of positive points? I'm struggling to find one, tbh.

So, given that they morally should not be running the club, due to them losing the vote of no confidence, what other means do the supporters have of removing them? As I see it, Starve 'em Out is the only way right now.

They have the power to solve this. If they would resign, Starve 'em Out would disband. Supporters sticking to their SEO pledges will buy season tickets, putting probably somewhere in the order of £300K almost immediately into the club. An interim board could review the merits of investment bids; Mo's, AmeriTurf's, any other that may surface.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Spot on.... Its not thick n thin.. Its thin n thinner ===

Advert

freedom of speech mate, just because 75% of the people on this website is for the campaign.. i'm not following the herd.. and many vale fans would agree with me on this subject...

If Bill Pratt goes now id be having a street party.. its just not going too happen..

Wrong......2% of the members of OVF support and will take part in SEO, probably about 25% of the people who post support and actively take part in SEO, if we have a good season this will decrease.

We will see how many actually turn up on the first day of the season, but i will be showing my support for the team i love and will remain too follow through thick and thin!!

see us wallop crawley 6-0 :)

The first day of the season will not be the yardstick....the acid test will be when the season is underway

I am strongly anti-board..

But all this starve em out is just stupid!!

They are clearly not going anywhere, and this campaign is just a short term gimmick!! before the new season hits how many people do you actually think will give up there Saturdays and (some Tuesdays) watching the team they love just for this stupid simple minded school boy tantrum campaign lol?? Yes alot of people have signed this pledge (me included)on the hope that some way or another the board would walk, (this is certainly not going too happen) but no way will i miss watching my be-loved football team, i stick with them throught thick and thin.. wheather we get beat 7-0 or win 7-0 at -1 degrees or 25 degree's i'm there and always will be even tho im sick of the failure..

Im totally fed up of all these going ons at vale seems too me that all of these campaighns have become seriously ridiculous and childish.. get behind the vale now!! the board aint going anywhere, our beloved micky adams is back and now all these campaigns are doing is damaging the mentality and stratagies for the up coming season. people slagging MA off are making his job harder, dont forget what he did for us last season before he went.. now if we turn up on matchday boo'ing him, im afraid that its the Campaigns that are too blame and not the board!!!

I hate the board with a passion but im afraid too say, you haters will be the down fall of port vale!! and you are not only hurting the board but you will also be hurting the fans that are commited too going everyweek. so think about the fans side before you start your campaigns pitch side and where ever else you decide because all of your protests (which i have attended) dont affect the board.. they affect the club, Players, Fans and they make our club even more embarrasing than it already is..

Rant over :shutup:;)

the gate has been dropping on average every year since they took over,so even without SEO the gate would have dropped .Why is it everyones fault but not the boards?at best all they can hope for is to match last seasons ticket sales such is the state THEY have got our club into .

If Bill Pratt goes now id be having a street party.. its just not going too happen..

So some ****er is destroying the club you 'love' but just because the ****er wont budge you give in?

With attitudes like that its no wonder the club is in the state it is, then again that's just the mentality and reason that S-o-T is in the state it is in.

If someone gave you a **** sandwich you would eat the entire thing when all you had to do was take a bite.

Where's the thick?

Bil Bratt and Co have had supporters money season after season. What have they achieved with it so far? After 8 years I see:

1) Relegation

2) No promotion

3) Disastrous managerial appointments with the exception of Adams

4) Investor after investor turned away, for less than conclusive reasons

5) Season upon season of accounting losses. Yet somehow the board believe that Port Vale is moving forward on and off the pitch.

6) Carrying on after the shareholders won a vote of no confidence

7) A last minute deal arranged with a major shareholder in order to secure his vote at the EGM, in an attempt to preserve the Jackson 5 board, or put another way, to silence the voice of the shareholders.

8) Misquoting V2001 founding principles e.g. the 24.9% rule, one shareholder / one vote.

9) Fast tracking a manager to be a director, while seemingly putting obstacles in the way of the shareholders elected director, Mark Sims.

10) A chairman whose idea of creating a good working environment and supporter / shareholder relationship is to announce in the press, time after time, that he will stand down.

11) Investment from an American company without having done due diligence on said company.

12) V2001 charter described as "neither here nor there".

13) Lorne Street stand unfinished.

14) A steadily declining standard of team personnel. Compare Horton's team when V2001 came in to the team now.

14 points. One for each time Bill Bratt has said he will stand down. I'm sure there are many many more.

Are there a similar number of positive points? I'm struggling to find one, tbh.

So, given that they morally should not be running the club, due to them losing the vote of no confidence, what other means do the supporters have of removing them? As I see it, Starve 'em Out is the only way right now.

They have the power to solve this. If they would resign, Starve 'em Out would disband. Supporters sticking to their SEO pledges will buy season tickets, putting probably somewhere in the order of £300K almost immediately into the club. An interim board could review the merits of investment bids; Mo's, AmeriTurf's, any other that may surface.

Short term pain for long term gain.

I fully agree with everything on there!! if only there was an easier direct route too get rid of them but them idiots will not budge.. i agree our club is only heading for one direction!! but im worried that the campaign is going too speed this up, maybe putting us in admin during this season, therefore incurring point deduction and fines, which at worst may relegate us if we have another **** season.. actions have consequences, i feel that not putting our money in will harm us more than its worth!! i agree they have done nothing good for us over the past few years, but im pretty sure something will have too give soon, i think constant peaceful protests and more media exposure is the way forward.... not making it harder for our club too survive once that idiot has been removed!!!

i have to agree with you dbolton. i was for change in the board room. we tried protested and voted but it hasnt worked. all that seo will do now is hurt the club.... possibly for many years. any potential investment will have to fix what damage seo creates. that is if any one will want to invest.

im now waiting for the usual posts stating.... new members. must be bill brat stooges.

our voices are not wanted around here i think, even tho we have the club at our heart :rolleyes::cool:

the gate has been dropping on average every year since they took over,so even without SEO the gate would have dropped .Why is it everyones fault but not the boards?at best all they can hope for is to match last seasons ticket sales such is the state THEY have got our club into .

Think you will find the crowds have not dropped every year since v2001 took over and in fact you might well find that we had more home fans going through the gates 2 seasons ago than we did in our last yeasr under Bill Bell in the Championship.

cheers bill Now listen to the fans and see the club...

I am strongly anti-board..

But all this starve em out is just stupid!!

They are clearly not going anywhere, and this campaign is just a short term gimmick!! before the new season hits how many people do you actually think will give up there Saturdays and (some Tuesdays) watching the team they love just for this stupid simple minded school boy tantrum campaign lol?? Yes alot of people have signed this pledge (me included)on the hope that some way or another the board would walk, (this is certainly not going too happen) but no way will i miss watching my be-loved football team, i stick with them throught thick and thin.. wheather we get beat 7-0 or win 7-0 at -1 degrees or 25 degree's i'm there and always will be even tho im sick of the failure..

Im totally fed up of all these going ons at vale seems too me that all of these campaighns have become seriously ridiculous and childish.. get behind the vale now!! the board aint going anywhere, our beloved micky adams is back and now all these campaigns are doing is damaging the mentality and stratagies for the up coming season. people slagging MA off are making his job harder, dont forget what he did for us last season before he went.. now if we turn up on matchday boo'ing him, im afraid that its the Campaigns that are too blame and not the board!!!

I hate the board with a passion but im afraid too say, you haters will be the down fall of port vale!! and you are not only hurting the board but you will also be hurting the fans that are commited too going everyweek. so think about the fans side before you start your campaigns pitch side and where ever else you decide because all of your protests (which i have attended) dont affect the board.. they affect the club, Players, Fans and they make our club even more embarrasing than it already is..

Rant over :shutup:;)

We will see how many actually turn up on the first day of the season, but i will be showing my support for the team i love and will remain too follow through thick and thin!!

I also love the club and follow them through thick and thin:yes:,bottom of the old division 4 when i first went:yes:

I suspected you were mad - that proved it!

I didn't sign SEO because I couldn't pledge not to buy a season ticket - mine comes automatically. But I will not be attending the Huddersfield game because it will involve handing over money and I have not renewed my car park season ticket.

Saying the campaign to remove the Board has failed because of what happened at the EGM shows a lack of understanding of what is going on at Vale Park. All you have to do is look at the signings we have made - young chancers who may or may not come off - and the fact that lads who have left are getting paid more at non-league clubs. The club is in meltdown by the looks of it and no amount of ticking and tocking from RobbieH and his cohorts will convince me otherwise.

It took 21 months for Valiant 2001 to shift Bill Bell. The current campaign has shifted 5 of the 8 directors since December. I don't reckon that's bad going actually.

So some ****er is destroying the club you 'love' but just because the ****er wont budge you give in?

With attitudes like that its no wonder the club is in the state it is, then again that's just the mentality and reason that S-o-T is in the state it is in.

If someone gave you a **** sandwich you would eat the entire thing when all you had to do was take a bite.

Yes they are destroying the club, and this campaign will destroy it even more, well done, three cheers for mr brains :razz:

There is quite a few people on here who have signed the pledge and not gone through with it. I think the word we are looking for is turn coats

There are also other people that have not signed it,or use this site that will not be spending any more of their money until the destructive scrotes have gone.

Archived