onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

This Forum - Some Observations

banbell

I may be a Forest fan but I've attended a fair few Vale games this season when Forest commitments don't clash (including long treks to places like Carlise away in the JP Trophy on a Tuesday night) so I pretty much think I have a handle on what is going on at the Vale.

so you agree the fans/shareholders in the main no longer trust the board to make the right decisions

Advert

so you agree the fans/shareholders in the main no longer trust the board to make the right decisions

If you want an honest answer then I accept that is the case although I've never once witnessed anything at a Vale match to suggest this, although most of my matches tend to be away games and have not been to any of the recent home games when the protests have taken place, or since Gannon has taken charge.). At matches like Burton and Stockport away I witnessed only very impressive support from your fans for the team, didn't hear one anti-board song or comment.

Not everyone has the time to spend answering questions point by point. It is sad but true that a number of people seem to have a problem with the fact that other people could have another point of view to them and then resort to abuse. There do also seem to be a lot of very angry people who post on here and may be they should get some perspective.

But if you do have a differing point of view, surely you must have supportive evidence to come to the conclusion that you have done. Why else would you have such a view otherwise? The thing that frustrates me the most is when people post conjecture as fact and cannot support their claims, yet rubbish someone elses opinion despite the overwhelming evidence in support.

If you want an honest answer then I accept that is the case although I've never once witnessed anything at a Vale match to suggest this, although most of my matches tend to be away games and have not been to any of the recent home games when the protests have taken place, or since Gannon has taken charge.). At matches like Burton and Stockport away I witnessed only very impressive support from your fans for the team, didn't hear one anti-board song or comment.

fair enough

my own experience is that the majority of fans/owners i talk to want v2001 out, and fast, in the interest of fairness there is some who do not, but they are in the minority

Take no notice Rob! OVF is ace!

I think it's brilliant how a club of Vale's size(not an overly small club but we certainly aren't a big club either) have a forum where you can post something and get a reply to a question or get a debate going(good or bad) within minutes. Not many clubs of vale's standing or bigger can boast that if you scour the web.

Coupled with the other information on the site it really is excellent.

The server thing was a bit of a pain but that's been the only downside for me in coming on here in around 10 years!

Keep up the good work!

I may be a Forest fan but I've attended a fair few Vale games this season when Forest commitments don't clash (including long treks to places like Carlise away in the JP Trophy on a Tuesday night) so I pretty much think I have a handle on what is going on at the Vale.

With respect, mate, if you've only been taking an interest in Vale this season, you probably have very little true understanding of what has been going on behind the scenes and why fans are so exasperated with the current Board of Directors.

You will not be aware, for example, of the protests against the Board 2 years ago when Dean Glover was imposed as manager and fans refused to buy season tickets until he was gone.

You will not be aware of the farcical events at the last two AGMs meetings when the real owners of the club have actually been lied to by those in the Board Room.

You may not understand the financial situation of the club shown in the Accounts over recent years which shows it to be losing money hand over fist and Valiant 2001 having built up a £2 million deficit since they took over the club.

You may not know that the club's debts are now greater than they were when we went into Administration under Billy Bell.

So please don't make judgments about the goings on at Vale until you have done your homework properly and have a genuine understanding of the recent history of the club rather than what you have picked up from attending the odd game when your other club's fixture list allowed.

I trust you don't fell abused by this post.

I think quite a few people have info that they'd like to share about why they don't trust Mo, but they daren't spell it out for fear of having to deal with the litigation that would be involved.

i personally have never met one, quite the opposite, my brother in law, ex pit deputy @ silverdale speaks highly of mo

The issue I have is that some people ask a fair question but within seconds someone else starts with the abuse. The first thing that you are going to do is defend yourself. I have risen to it a few times and then get shot down because I am being abusive but the pro mo bunch can get away with the abuse.

I have said on a number of times that I believe what the board say and that they are only looking after the club and this is why they are taking their time over Mo. I could be wrong and if I am I will happily say I got it wrong but not many in the Mo lot will they just seem to think that he will save us.

Some of you have very strong views and while I agree that we need change I can not agree that Mo will save us. I dont know why people can not accept that people think different things. The problem is most things on here do turn into a lets bash the board and it gets boring because the start of the thread is nothing to do with the board but thats how it ends up.

Example of this is the Mo thread it supposed to be about why people have issues with Mo but then turns back into a bash the board. People say that I am a "better the devil you know" type person but I am not. I want to look at the bigger picture and not just love anyone that comes in with a mars bar and a plan. Mo could be good but I am shot down because I question him,

Markie you constantly mistake a difference of opinion as abuse, it isn't. If you don't want people questionning you then simply back up your viewpoints with some facts as from what I see it is usually a lot of hot air with no substance, that isn't abuse by the way simply stating a fact.

Personally based on most of your comments I suggest, with respect, you actually don't have a clue.

If anyone honestly doesn't know the allegations that have been made against Mo in places other than on this site, then you really should spend less time on your PC and get out more.

For the record: I don't trust the current Board and I don't trust Mo either.

You mentioned in another post you fear litigation if you posted facts about Chaudry, if these facts are true how could you be sued?

You also talk about allegations made against Chaudry that were later dropped with no charges being brought ie. it never even had to go to court presumably as there was no case to amswer to, whereas we have a current director, who has publically ridiculed Mo and his bid, who has actually served a prison sentence for a serious offence. How do you feel about that?

At some point you will have to trust someone to take over our club but to me it seems that people like yourself don't trust anyone. I would rather take a chance with mo Chaudry (who incidently I have been a critic of in the past) than take the risk of any Tom d i ck or Harry buying us off the administrator.

That may well be true, but the same could be said of what is known by some people about certain Board members. You could argue that the argument comes down to whether to want the rich dodgy character or the poor dodgy ones?

But what if we get to the campionship and he wants his money back!!

Ask me when we're there!

But that is a reason some people are putting forward for not wanting Mo! Stay miserable supporting a fourth division team or be happy watching promotions and ******ing the noses of big clubs in the Championship?

That's it for me then Bratt and co it is!! :rolleyes:

Archived