onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brian McDermott???

werstayinup

Rudge Director of Football, Aspin Manager, Porter Assistant Manager.

The dream ticket.

But that's all it is - a dream that would turn into a nightmare.

Page got us out of the bottom 4 and will keep us out.

By doing so he will deserve to get his own players and backroom staff in over the close season.

It's the cheap option and allows Norman the opportunity to have a big say in which players to sign. Remember it was Norman not Page who said he can't wait for May to get rid.

And there's me thinking that's the Manager's job.

Advert

Why does Brookers Left Foot attract so many minus votes for after all merely telling the truth? Norman's Chairmanship is quite frankly abysmal. He should in reality make just one signing and it up to him to select a good manager who he can trust and has faith in and then step back after giving him his budget.

We very much doubt that he will do that but BLF is right to highlight this.

I have always backed page, I think he's a young manager with good contacts in the game. He needs time and backing in my opinion but won't get it here at fickle vale. We only need to lose once and this message board goes into melt down.

However, his comments after the Colchester game are pretty ridiculous and smack of Glovers influence. Why rush popey back then leave him out saying hes not fit still. Defending dire team selections reminds me of Glover defending his decisions to pick his useless lad and then argue that nobody could do a better job than him.

I personally think he's 90mins away from the job centre and Rochdale are a tough side , especially given our form. Although saying that we are better away from home.....I wonder if there's any coincidences there...

Why does Brookers Left Foot attract so many minus votes for after all merely telling the truth? Norman's Chairmanship is quite frankly abysmal. He should in reality make just one signing and it up to him to select a good manager who he can trust and has faith in and then step back after giving him his budget.

It's possible because he's the best chairman we have probably ever had? We were on the verge of becoming a Stockport and some random Coventry fan purchased us. Or have you and a few others forgotten where we came from? Tell you what, get your 2milllion out and pump it into a club where ****** like you moan about every decision you ever make then call your efforts abysmal.

Let's face it bell got lucky with his appointment of rudge, as wasn't he only a result away from being sacked ????

Rudge Director of Football, Aspin Manager, Porter Assistant Manager.

The dream ticket.

But that's all it is - a dream that would turn into a nightmare.

Page got us out of the bottom 4 and will keep us out.

By doing so he will deserve to get his own players and backroom staff in over the close season.

It's the cheap option and allows Norman the opportunity to have a big say in which players to sign. Remember it was Norman not Page who said he can't wait for May to get rid.

And there's me thinking that's the Manager's job.

That's no dream ticket, it's the standard Vale fan inability to see past former players- it's absolute madness!

G4E is right bout Smurf- OS is an habitual moaner that would whinge is Abramovich pumped in £100m. Never happy

Spot on owd'un.:yes:

I have always backed page, I think he's a young manager with good contacts in the game. He needs time and backing in my opinion but won't get it here at fickle vale. We only need to lose once and this message board goes into melt down.

However, his comments after the Colchester game are pretty ridiculous and smack of Glovers influence. Why rush popey back then leave him out saying hes not fit still. Defending dire team selections reminds me of Glover defending his decisions to pick his useless lad and then argue that nobody could do a better job than him.

I personally think he's 90mins away from the job centre and Rochdale are a tough side , especially given our form. Although saying that we are better away from home.....I wonder if there's any coincidences there...

We havnt lost one game though it's 5 in a row and 6 in 7, in league games. That's worse than Adams. The stats throughout his whole time in charge don't give a great outlook either, not to mention quite a few of the wins we've had were extremely lucky.

Probably because he spouts his hatred for the chairman in every post.

This is man who facilitated the opportuniry to get us promoted for the first time in 20 years, put more money into the club than anyone in its history, constantly broken the budget for players and who has given us a top 6 budget.

Yes he makes mistakes but he's the most important person at the club bar no-one. Hopefully he can work with Page in the summer to rid the club that have failed us this season and ideally tie O'Connor, Marshall and Veseli down to contracts.

It's possible because he's the best chairman we have probably ever had? We were on the verge of becoming a Stockport and some random Coventry fan purchased us. Or have you and a few others forgotten where we came from? Tell you what, get your 2milllion out and pump it into a club where ******* like you moan about every decision you ever make then call your efforts abysmal.

Fair points.

Rubbish. I personally have not felt Page should be given the job since the day he took over but Smurf did the right thing in offering him a contract till the end of the season on the back end of some good results. Every game I have been to this season with Page in charge I have gone away wondering if he has a clue with his selections or tactics, it just surprises me that it has taken this long for so many Vale fans to voice their opinions against him, not after 1 defeat like you say but after 5 on the bounce. Said it from the time that Adams left we need a clear out at the end of the season with an experienced manager bringing his own assistants in and Smurf needs to let the manager to decide who he needs to sign.

Page might do a good job for someone one day but it was never going to be the Vale.

I dont "hate" smurf, in life there are far mire bigger issues to "hate". The problem i have with smurf is that he has no plan....no thought process to building the fanbase which is as split now as it was in the last days of v2001.

Its clear he needs help from people who understand the game, a CEO but he steadfastly refuses to address the issue, his public treatment of players (irrespective of fan viewpoints on their ability) is a disgrace, unprofessional & done nothing to help the club.

I observed all the candidates who strolled into vale & only one as i see it had a plan that could be conveyed clearly, that looked to provide an infrastructure & would put football people in charge.

We had Newton who had ideas but i think reality he was banking on others providing him the funds

We had Ryder a man who looked shifty, couldnt lay straight in bed & as it has been found out had tirs to the old regime & i believe is now hiding in scotland after various scams (according some a few documents seen on other websites)

Wildes & Smurf...Smurf in this situation was in the best place for us (in the background almost a silent partner) but the worst position for him as he seemingly was out of the loop to what wildes was doing (contracts etc).

As for Wildes he was another flash harry, talked the talk & couldnt walk the walk.

As for smurf i do feel a bit of sympathy for him, he has picked up the reigns left by wildes, but & heres the but.......

- Everytime he opens his mouth he further divides the fanbase, he should be nowhere near club PR, social media etc

- His public stance on player contracts whether right or wrong should never be played out in public & the "cant wait get rid in may" has clearly decimated morale

- He complains fans dont go with veiled threats about if you dont come i wont sign blah blah player but he has no longterm vision or plan to build the fanbase, engage fans & get that next generation

- Yes hes put money in, & funded a promotion but tbh anyone can buy a club & put money in if they have the financial means, it in no circumstances means they are the right person to take the club forward....history shows this most recently at Pompey & now Leeds

Do i like smurf....no i do fear for his health, he is putting money into a blackhole that is not getting any less, gates are dwindling & although i think we wont go down.....if we do drop then financially he has some big decisions...because he will either need to plough a fair few million in to prop us up & get us up again or look to sell. The stress on a man who looks 2 steps from a heart attack cannot be good.

I hope he takes stock in the summer, rids the club as he says of the players, appoints a manager & then crucially allows that manager to do his job without interfering....if he does this then great......if not then he really is opening himself up to a world of stress & heartache that neither he nor vale fans deserve.

Archived