onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Protest v Crawley 6th August

Tosh

Advert

Hi there Doc. You and your pals would be both safe and welcome to join in our march. The march is about both your club's birth and our club's impending demise. Come down to the Bulls Head and try our Titanic ale. It's like wine. Especially the Portly Vale 'nectar of the gods'

Why would we be marching for the birth of crawley?? Hahaha

Rest assured I am certainly no 'Stooge'

Indeed I , as probably all Crawley fans applause you all for standing up for what you believe in.For what is right !

It's a no brainer as far as I / we can see.

But here lies the possible problem.

As far as i am concerned I have raised the issue regarding our fans safety and I have had nothing but positive feed back.

All credit to the fans of PVFC for that.I take it all on board and recognise what is going on here.

The downside though, is that a huge majority of our fanbase is naive towards larger following clubs and what they stand for.

This is a shame , you could say they 'just don't get it'

It's an issue that most are used to watching games infront of a couple of thousand vociferous yet passionate fans.

Times that by three, add a protest , the majority of family types I'm so sorry to say will give it a miss.

I'm sure those that do/will attend though , will be 100% sympathetic and supportive of your cause.

After all , you are not unique in mismanagement, we should all stick together.

Rest assured I am certainly no 'Stooge'

Indeed I , as probably all Crawley fans applause you all for standing up for what you believe in.For what is right !

It's a no brainer as far as I / we can see.

But here lies the possible problem.

As far as i am concerned I have raised the issue regarding our fans safety and I have had nothing but positive feed back.

All credit to the fans of PVFC for that.I take it all on board and recognise what is going on here.

The downside though, is that a huge majority of our fanbase is naive towards larger following clubs and what they stand for.

It's an issue that most are used to watching games infront of a couple of thousand vociferous yet passionate fans.

Times that by three, add a protest , the majority of family types I'm so sorry to say will give it a miss.

I'm sure those that do/will attend though , will be 100% sympathetic and supportive of your cause.

After all , you are not unique in mismanagement, we should all stick together.

Totally understand but please dont be put off.

Its not the supporters that will cause you problems but more likely the 20 pounds 50 pence admission fee! :D

Guest ctfc2

hi guys im not a stooge either been reading your forum and i do have sympathy with your plight, as doctor has said we had a pair of crooks who were running our club and several restaurants and bars in and around sussex and driving around in ferraris, one of them got sent down for fraud and various other things were uncovered as well so i know where you guys are coming from and i fully support your protest i wish you lot the very bvest of luck in what your trying to acheive.

Several of us are indeed planning to drink in the bulls head pub as it sounds like the ale has to be sampled of course, do they do food as well as after the journey up will be in need of food as well as beer.

Some fans are planning on going by train and arriving into stoke as trains dont seem to run very often to langport,i see there are buses but will take too damn long so can anyone give me a rough estimate on the cost of a cab from stoke station to the bulls head? and am i right in thinking its a 10-15 minute stagger to the ground? thanks everyone and once again good luck and i hope your club manages to get back the the "glory days"

hi guys im not a stooge either been reading your forum and i do have sympathy with your plight, as doctor has said we had a pair of crooks who were running our club and several restaurants and bars in and around sussex and driving around in ferraris, one of them got sent down for fraud and various other things were uncovered as well so i know where you guys are coming from and i fully support your protest i wish you lot the very bvest of luck in what your trying to acheive.

Several of us are indeed planning to drink in the bulls head pub as it sounds like the ale has to be sampled of course, do they do food as well as after the journey up will be in need of food as well as beer.

Some fans are planning on going by train and arriving into stoke as trains dont seem to run very often to langport,i see there are buses but will take too damn long so can anyone give me a rough estimate on the cost of a cab from stoke station to the bulls head? and am i right in thinking its a 10-15 minute stagger to the ground? thanks everyone and once again good luck and i hope your club manages to get back the the "glory days"

Hi fella.

There is a BBQ at The Bulls Head so that should keep you going food wise!

A cab from Stoke station to Burslem would set you back around about 9 quid.

Yes its a 10 minute walk to the ground and again let me put your supportersminds at rest as we are a friendly bunch and there will be no anomosity towards your lot.

How many do you plan on bringing?

Guest ctfc2
Hi fella.

There is a BBQ at The Bulls Head so that should keep you going food wise!

A cab from Stoke station to Burslem would set you back around about 9 quid.

Yes its a 10 minute walk to the ground and again let me put your supportersminds at rest as we are a friendly bunch and there will be no anomosity towards your lot.

How many do you plan on bringing?

cheers for the info , bbq and beer cant go wrong there!

as for numbers im not sure, i would like to think 400 but i reckon about 250 i might be totally wrong but i hope we have a good following , we have never been well supported away tbh but we will see, how easy is it to get away from vale park after matches as some of us have to get back to stoke station fairly sharpish after end of match so no protesting in the road please after!;)

cheers for the info , bbq and beer cant go wrong there!

as for numbers im not sure, i would like to think 400 but i reckon about 250 i might be totally wrong but i hope we have a good following , we have never been well supported away tbh but we will see, how easy is it to get away from vale park after matches as some of us have to get back to stoke station fairly sharpish after end of match so no protesting in the road please after!;)

Its hard to get a cab straight after the game. You would be better waiting 20 minutes or so because of the traffic.

If your train back is anytime before 5.30, it will be touch and go if you make it or not.

You will like the Bulls Head though mate. Cracking pub and friendly atmosphere. :yes:

Guest ctfc2
From the Bull's head? Only if you've had a few :D

Do you know if your local news (BBC London?) will be up here filming, ctfc2?

The Football League Show will be a certainty I feel?

i imaginer the local bbc news will use the football leagues coverage although they might be there and possibly sky too as they were at our promotion game from the conference, is it true that some of your"undesirables" like to attack away fans hanging around on hamil road? just a thing i have heard, just want to be prepared

Good luck with drinking in the Bulls Head, but get there before 12 as I don't think you'll get served before kick off.....I suggest taking a flask or bottle in so you don't dehydrate whisle waiting to be served.

i imaginer the local bbc news will use the football leagues coverage although they might be there and possibly sky too as they were at our promotion game from the conference, is it true that some of your"undesirables" like to attack away fans hanging around on hamil road? just a thing i have heard, just want to be prepared

Very doubtfull for this game...your not exactly Stoke or Crewe:yes: Just don't go gobbing off after your win, common sense really :)

Guest ctfc2
Good luck with drinking in the Bulls Head, but get there before 12 as I don't think you'll get served before kick off.....I suggest taking a flask or bottle in so you don't dehydrate whisle waiting to be served.

what time does it open phil? as according to the titanic brewery website it doesnt open till 12, me and a few others arrive in stoke nice and early about 11:10 then cab straight to burslem

I think you're talking out of your bottom, Doc.

Why would families be put off because of a peaceful protest. It's not the Brixton riots...

*sigh*

Archived