onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Football thread.

PortVale4Life

Advert

This is just a thread to try and bring some football talk back to onevalefan.

Just signed in for the first time in a few days and noticed that the majority of threads are based upon clothing.

This is a football forum so lets talk about football rather than pants and ties.

Or politics.

Totally agree....people on here need to grow up...they know who they are.....just wear your tin helmet for putting across a valid opinion

I think the clothing makes a refreshing change from having you take over every other thread with the four letter word you are always spouting ;)

Get it into any of those I challenge you!! :D

Just signed in for the first time in a few days and noticed that the majority of threads are based upon clothing.

This is a football forum so lets talk about football rather than pants and ties.

thanks

Talking about the 'correct use' of the forum this should have been placed in 'other football' :D

thanks

There's a very simple solution. I have laid the forum out so there are sections on various topics. The Port Vale section is only about Vale, other football is about football but involving other clubs, Off-Topic is not about Vale or football.

You can subscribe to whichever forum you want. So, if you are not interested in the non-Vale threads, subscribe to the Vale section. You can even minimise the sections you don't want to see on the forum front page by clicking the arrow on the RH side.

But I would just add - OVF is (as Barry puts it so well) a "broad church" - we have a wide range of views on here. I don't agree with some but I respect that they want to have their say as long as they abide by the rules. If there's a thread I have no interest in, then I don't read it.

So, erm, if you don't like threads about clothes may I suggest you simply don't read them. :rolleyes:

Oh and just to talk stats rather than hearsay - this month we have had 63 threads on Port Vale matters compared to 17 in the Off-Topic area. I don't think that makes the "majority of threads" about clothing :sums:

There's a very simple solution. I have laid the forum out so there are sections on various topics. The Port Vale section is only about Vale, other football is about football but involving other clubs, Off-Topic is not about Vale or football.

You can subscribe to whichever forum you want. So, if you are not interested in the non-Vale threads, subscribe to the Vale section. You can even minimise the sections you don't want to see on the forum front page by clicking the arrow on the RH side.

But I would just add - OVF is (as Barry puts it so well) a "broad church" - we have a wide range of views on here. I don't agree with some but I respect that they want to have their say as long as they abide by the rules. If there's a thread I have no interest in, then I don't read it.

So, erm, if you don't like threads about clothes may I suggest you simply don't read them. :rolleyes:

Oh and just to talk stats rather than hearsay - this month we have had 63 threads on Port Vale matters compared to 17 in the Off-Topic area. I don't think that makes the "majority of threads" about clothing :sums:

Owned! :D

Have you not seen the threads over the past few days?

I use onevalefan on my phone not a laptop. I navigate using the hot topics as it is the quickest and most relevant to find stories. However when I signed on yesterday not one football story was on there. 3 were about clothing, one about peas for Christ sake and many others regarding politics.

I don't read the threads as you've suggested but they simply clog up the hot topics and actually stop me from potentially viewing a vale news story.

As I say I don't go into different sections and minimise certain sections. I only use hot topics as I generally only pop on for a few minutes.

I use onevalefan on my phone not a laptop. I navigate using the hot topics as it is the quickest and most relevant to find stories. However when I signed on yesterday not one football story was on there. 3 were about clothing, one about peas for Christ sake and many others regarding politics.

I don't read the threads as you've suggested but they simply clog up the hot topics and actually stop me from potentially viewing a vale news story.

As I say I don't go into different sections and minimise certain sections. I only use hot topics as I generally only pop on for a few minutes.

I only use my phone mainly so I don't see the thumbs up and thumbs down feature and because I access OVF a lot when I'm travelling.

I find it incredibly easy, simply to log into the topics of interest, if you are only interested in Port Vale, just click in the Port Vale section.

Simples as Oleg says! ;)

Yes.

I use onevalefan on my phone not a laptop. I navigate using the hot topics as it is the quickest and most relevant to find stories.... As I say I don't go into different sections and minimise certain sections. I only use hot topics as I generally only pop on for a few minutes.

I'm glad you find Hot Topics useful. It was a pain of a script to implement. As I pointed out, I want to give people as many options as possible for this site. But while you don't go into different sections and minimise ones... you COULD DO. In other words, I do try my best to give users options and the ability to customise their OVF viewing but the whole point of choice is I can't force people to use them and I can't please everyone all the time...

OVF isn't a personalised view, it relies on views of many different people. It won't always be to your personal choice. In fact, there are days when I check Facebook, the BBC and so on and I find the content isn't of interest to me.

But I would still argue that the majority of threads on OVF are about Vale as I pointed out.

You could take a certain point in one day when there are few Vale threads but that is hardly representative as it's a few minutes of the forum - not even a full day's activity. However, as I pointed out, if you take the last 19 days there have been three times as many Vale threads as other topics (and I didn't even mention before that the Vale threads are on average far longer in terms of number of posts as well).

I also think that during lulls in the action (i.e. midweek when there isn't any sensational Vale news or matches) then things do go off at a bit of a tangent and the ratio of Vale/non-Vale posts changes. But if you come onto OVF on Friday/Saturday/Sunday before, during and after a match then Vale dominates the conversation.

I'm not being defensive. I can and do take criticism, but I think it's just over-exaggerating to say the majority of threads are non-football.

Archived