onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams was talking to other clubs before Sheffield move

i vale

Advert

That's the point! For Adams it is about signing players! Maybe he is being used but don't lynch him for it

Either he is happy to be used, in which case he should expect all the flak, or he's too stupid to realise it, and that worries me even more.

Anyway, according to what he said to the media not long back, they don't need many new faces, so what's the big hurry now? According to the same report, he was quite happy with the wages budget he had too. I don't honestly believe it is about signing players - is it genuinely the case that the club cannot do that, or is it just an excuse??

By the time it takes for the Board to organise a distribution of postal votes AND give shareholders a reasonable time to return them, which they are legally required to do, then Mark Sims will probably have completed due diligence and will either be a director, or will have found out enough about the club's finances to make him run a mile.

If it's the latter, then anyone who is daft enough to take a director's position deserves everything they get.

I'm not an Adams basher, not yet, but I really don't trust the reported motivation, and for the life of me I can't see what benefit beyond his own job security he would get from being a director, or where he'd find the time to do it properly. If all he's going to be is the fourth stooge, just so they can do what they want, then he might have time - otherwise I can't see him doing the manager's job properly. He's not a Vale fan, he's a club employee - and a recent one at that. We have had some managers in the past who could have been described as Vale fans, usually because they were former players. He isn't one of them. I think the Board think the fans see him as some sort of messiah because we were top of a league two levels below where we were when they took over - and after the disasters we had before, that brought a feelgood factor back - but if we don't get promotion next season, i can't see it lasting.

A poor run at the start of next season could make him about as popular as a beansprout salad in Hamburg right now, and then I can see loads of people turning on him, both as manager and director. It's a potential recipe for disaster - the two roles don't mix. Either you manage the team, or you run the club - it's not Sunday League (well, not yet anyway)

Let's hope it doesn't happen - but, if it does, I do worry about the future of the Vale.

In case you didn't notice other people on this thread were there when MN said it and one of the mods of this forum was also their :)

Adams eye for a better deal has indeed got him a lot of compo recently but don't expect it to make him a fans favourite anytime soon by aligning himself with the vile 5 as it's not going to happen ===

I was there , and ivale is correct in reporting what MN said.

Anyway read what Tim has to say.

Mr Carter- you are talking total rubbish. dont forget Adams job relies on him winning football matches and he does need players signed to do that.

Exactly.

To be honest I don't see the investment being the reason as if Mark Sims joins the board it makes them functional and creates exactly the same problem they fear in relation to it.

He applied for the Hartlepool job and the Scunthorpe job and that didn't come from Mike Newton either ;)

The reasoning was he was peed off by being told he was getting an increased playing budget only to have it cut by £130,000.

Which is exactly why i cant see why he would back the board. He already doesnt trust them and hes not one to be told what to do.

So Tim says Hartlepool & Scunthorpe, Cheeky says Colchester.

Whichs ones it is boys? Or are you now saying all three?

personally, i don't believe a word of it. I certainly wouldn't believe it based on what Mike Newton says!

Archived