onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky Announces Candidacy To Become A Director

Papa Lazarou

I'd love to say I am really BB, but sadly I'm just some no mark. It would be cool because if I was in charge we'd be in the prem and there would be none of this cack.

Please explain how we would be in the Prem? Except in a dream.

Advert

At the risk of being slated i actually think Mickey being on a new board could actually bring about stability and the change needed. Well at least i hope so.

Please dont get me wrong i am anti board and am fed up with Bratt, Lloyd and Oliver. They should resign and I agree with the starve them out campaign completely. These 3 morons are tearing this club apart through their selfishness and stubbornness and they are hiding behind propaganda and their 24.9% rule which was apparently designed to stop one person running the club and ruining it. Ironic isnt it.

However Mickey Adams has always struck me as his own man. He doesnt seem to be the sort of person who would be the puppet of the board. Yes Mickey Adams has been hired by Billy Bratt but unless i have missed something Mickey Adams never came out publicly and supported the present board at the EGM. I would hope that with Mickey being a shareholder he would actually bring qualities to the board that they are currently lacking. Leadership, ambition, etc.

I havent read all of the posts on these Mickey related threads but nobody knows for sure what Mickey's intentions are in all of this. Lets not jump out of the frying pan and into the fire and start panicking at all of this. Things will unfold i m sure over the next few days.

Apart from Broxap, who would support the board when it is clear to almost everybody that they are not wanted by 99.9% fans at the club. Mickey must surely know that his position would be untenable if he went against the fans. He MUST know what is going on. Mickey Adams is an educated man and I cant believe for one minute that he isnt fully aware of the situation. (I hope).

Adams is a football man.....he will go where the money leads, end of.... I thought it was funny offering him a bigger salary and longer contract after he walked out,I think I know why now, hes been bought to try and save this morally corrupt board, and to think some shareholders argued against a single owner because its a dictatorship,unbelievable

If the club is blocked from doing business with insufficient directors this is a way round that as it says in the article.

We haven't - Mark Simms is an elected director waiting to take office.

This proposal would have to go to another EGM I think, so it's going to be a month minimum.

What ****ing experience has Adams got of running a company turning over millions, cant wait until the board votes on whether to remove him or not

Adams will NOT get my vote, Meigh's puppet,

somebody should tell him that's what got Gannon the sack being a mouth piece of the board,

he should stick to what he know,s best, coaching the team and leave the politics to the shareholders,or fxxx off back to Sheffield.

If the club is blocked from doing business with insufficient directors this is a way round that as it says in the article.

Completely agree. What is the club going to do just wait in limbo all summer? This would allow Mickey to bring in players over the summer, players that we badly need.

To be fair Bill Bratt should have called an EGM way before the end of the season. He waited until NLV forced him to call one and then stated that he was going to call one anyway and then arranges it at the last possible day.

One thing is for certain.

If the vote last week had gone few % round the other way and it was say MC who had bought about Adams joining the board, most of you would be so far over the moon you would be heading off the Venus...

Thank God I didn't get a ST!! After 45 years of support, the way This Board have acted in the last 7 months has left me numb and qiute frankly not bothered if I never see Vale again. SEO always looked the best way, it may take another year now (USA cash will support next seasons loss, but what then?) but in the end it will work. Perhaps more people will see this next year, and one day I will return to a "proper" club and enjoy football again - who knows. Bratt, I can't express how much I hate you for bringing this up on us.

Please explain how we would be in the Prem? Except in a dream.

It's a big ask. All I'd say is if Blackpool, Wigan, Bradford the Swanns etc can do it why can't we? You have to aim for the top. In principle why not? We're just a self distructive lot. This attitude goes way way back.

One thing is for certain.

If the vote last week had gone few % round the other way and it was say MC who had bought about Adams joining the board, most of you would be so far over the moon you would be heading off the Venus...

One thing is for certain, Mo wouldn't need MA on the board.

This is purely about cementing their positions. Again.

I wonder when this lot will act in the best interests of Port Vale before acting in the best interests of their self preservation society.

Apologies if this has already been stated, I've only just logged on and haven't read all the posts.

This clearly seems like the board are trying to protect/save their position by getting Micky onside and Micky protecting his own position which could be under threat if/when a new board were able to take control and bring in their own management team.

Adams is a football man.....he will go where the money leads, end of.... I thought it was funny offering him a bigger salary and longer contract after he walked out,I think I know why now, hes been bought to try and save this morally corrupt board, and to think some shareholders argued against a single owner because its a dictatorship,unbelievable

We dont know yet what his motives or his intentions are though. Mickey is a football man but I cant seem him going against the supporters. With NLV, Mark Sims and Mickey on the board surely things are better than just Bratt, Oliver and Lloyd.

At the risk of being slated i actually think Mickey being on a new board could actually bring about stability and the change needed. Well at least i hope so.

Please dont get me wrong i am anti board and am fed up with Bratt, Lloyd and Oliver. They should resign and I agree with the starve them out campaign completely. These 3 morons are tearing this club apart through their selfishness and stubbornness and they are hiding behind propaganda and their 24.9% rule which was apparently designed to stop one person running the club and ruining it. Ironic isnt it.

However Mickey Adams has always struck me as his own man. He doesnt seem to be the sort of person who would be the puppet of the board. Yes Mickey Adams has been hired by Billy Bratt but unless i have missed something Mickey Adams never came out publicly and supported the present board at the EGM. I would hope that with Mickey being a shareholder he would actually bring qualities to the board that they are currently lacking. Leadership, ambition, etc.

I havent read all of the posts on these Mickey related threads but nobody knows for sure what Mickey's intentions are in all of this. Lets not jump out of the frying pan and into the fire and start panicking at all of this. Things will unfold i m sure over the next few days.

Apart from Broxap, who would support the board when it is clear to almost everybody that they are not wanted by 99.9% fans at the club. Mickey must surely know that his position would be untenable if he went against the fans. He MUST know what is going on. Mickey Adams is an educated man and I cant believe for one minute that he isnt fully aware of the situation. (I hope).

A manager shouldn't be on the board end of mate. The board just consist of people with the requisite skills in certain areas, Law/finance/commercial etc. Not any man and his (lap) dog.

Archived