onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England v San Marino

For Us All

Surely the more games a 19 yr old plays the better he gets. I don't believe for 1 second a 19 yr old will get knackered if plays every game, which he even doesn't..So that excuse that he's basically knackered is just silly you billy..

On reflection,Sterling would have been better used in the Under 21's game at Molyneux tomorrow night.

Advert

I'll take 5-0 all day long when we've played average.[/

5-0 will do fine. As for the giggly squabbles about Wilshere and stirling they are both players who would never get a game in any of the top 8 nations in world football. Jordan Henderson is a joke as an international selection and a couple of the others are only good one game in every three.

The manager is fine - nobody else would do a better job with the players available - England are what they are, a top 20 international team but not a top 10 side. Qualification will be simple in this stupid competition with its ridiculous groups, but as soon as England hit the finals it will be the same story as every other time.

Is there really any point in San Marino and Gibraltar competing in this or anything else ? They are not countries, and surely cannot get any enjoyment from playing - they just clog it up with extra fixtures.

And the nonsense post of the day goes to... Congrats!

Sterling has had a poor month or so, but that doesn't take away his brilliant last 12 months for his club in which he wasn't outshone by the likes of Suarez or Sturridge. He's 19 for cyring out loud, give the lad a chance. Henderson had a poor fist half along with pretty much everyone else but his England selection is based on his very consistent performances for Liverpool, in which he's one of the first names on the team-sheet.

If you think Hodgson is the best bloke for the job then you need to stop posting on OVF and seek help. Right now.

And the nonsense post of the day goes to... Congrats!

Sterling has had a poor month or so, but that doesn't take away his brilliant last 12 months for his club in which he wasn't outshone by the likes of Suarez or Sturridge. He's 19 for cyring out loud, give the lad a chance. Henderson had a poor fist half along with pretty much everyone else but his England selection is based on his very consistent performances for Liverpool, in which he's one of the first names on the team-sheet.

If you think Hodgson is the best bloke for the job then you need to stop posting on OVF and seek help. Right now.

It's all about opinion and judgement, but you let anger cloud yours. Just because you disagree with a post does not make it automatically nonsense, as anyone who regularly reads your Liverpool opinions will know.

My opinion is that nobody else would be able to squeeze much more than RH from a distinctly average (in world terms) bunch of players. It's no good saying Henderson is competent/consistent for Liverpool, when Liverpool are playing badly and failing to get results. That doesn't mean RH is a good manager, just that you cant turn a....well,you kow the sayings no doubt. England's current players are fairly good, nothing more, nothing less. They might win the J P Trophy on a good day, but World cups and Euro's.... forget it, whoever is manager.

If you want to be personal, and it seems you do, the seek help bit is rich, coming from someone who walked into an ebay con trick that a 9-year-old could have spotted. yeah, judgement.....

I could think of loads of managers who could do a far better job than Hodgson has/will do. I think henderson is decent myself.

I appreciate your difference of opinion, it is what makes football forums worthwhile discussion points.

Would Henderson get in the Germany, Argentina, Holland, or any other top national teams ?

As I said in reply to Beechy's rant/attack, it isn't that RH is a good manager, it is that even the most gifted tactician and coach ever would struggle to get a lot more out of the current bunch. There are a couple of players of promise, but if England were a club side they would be someone like Sunderland, Stoke or West Ham.

Well I've just watched it and was so underwhelmed it was untrue. Let's forget about the back four and Hart as they had nowt to do.

The midfield diamond, Milner possibly aside, were unbelievably poor. Henderson and Wilshire for me are not international standard footballers to the level England aspire and Sterling's form has been dreadful over the last month or so, maybe he's been built up too soon but players out of form shouldn't play.

Upfront Welbeck wasn't bad and Rooney had a better second half as did most when the obvious changes were made but I still can't believe that he is going to end up our most capped player and record goalscorer. His career had such promise but he's now just an average player in a very average looking team.

It's all quite sad as an England fan that we are so abjectly average and that very few if indeed any of our players would get into any of the top 6-8 sides in the world.

It's all about opinion and judgement, but you let anger cloud yours. Just because you disagree with a post does not make it automatically nonsense, as anyone who regularly reads your Liverpool opinions will know.

My opinion is that nobody else would be able to squeeze much more than RH from a distinctly average (in world terms) bunch of players. It's no good saying Henderson is competent/consistent for Liverpool, when Liverpool are playing badly and failing to get results. That doesn't mean RH is a good manager, just that you cant turn a....well,you kow the sayings no doubt. England's current players are fairly good, nothing more, nothing less. They might win the J P Trophy on a good day, but World cups and Euro's.... forget it, whoever is manager.

If you want to be personal, and it seems you do, the seek help bit is rich, coming from someone who walked into an ebay con trick that a 9-year-old could have spotted. yeah, judgement.....

Wow. Butt hurt much? It's not me that is mad, it's you. If your life is getting you down that much then you have my sympathy, but don't take it out in me just and give me that 'personal' nonsense just because I completely disagreed with what you said. I might have said your comment was nonsense, but that's called opinion, not a personal attack. Yourself or others can completely disagree with it.

In regards to your Henderson comment, the fact that you are basing your opinion on him on less than a dozen games this season, even though he's probably been Liverpool's best player, and completely ignoring the fact that he was quite outstanding for Liverpool for the whole of last season say's it all really. There's no point knocking when nobody is home. Hodgson, who is useless, uses him completely differently than Brendan Rodgers does. That's a fact, not just an opinion.

Well I've just watched it and was so underwhelmed it was untrue. Let's forget about the back four and Hart as they had nowt to do.

The midfield diamond, Milner possibly aside, were unbelievably poor. Henderson and Wilshire for me are not international standard footballers to the level England aspire and Sterling's form has been dreadful over the last month or so, maybe he's been built up too soon but players out of form shouldn't play.

Upfront Welbeck wasn't bad and Rooney had a better second half as did most when the obvious changes were made but I still can't believe that he is going to end up our most capped player and record goalscorer. His career had such promise but he's now just an average player in a very average looking team.

It's all quite sad as an England fan that we are so abjectly average and that very few if indeed any of our players would get into any of the top 6-8 sides in the world.

Were you watching a different game than the rest of us? If you think that Milner played anything like well then I hope we never bump into each other, as you're probably mentally unstable and highly dangerous! :D

Milner was crap. Hodgson was crap for playing him as a ball player. The only midfielder that can take some credit from the game was Wilshere, who at least passed the ball in the 2nd half and actually stood upright, but with his reputation he should be running rings around the likes of San Marino.

In regards to your Henderson comment, the fact that you are basing your opinion on him on less than a dozen games this season, even though he's probably been Liverpool's best player

Probably goes someway to telling you how dog**** awful Liverpool have been this season.

It's like saying Adam Yates is Vale's best right back.

Probably goes someway to telling you how dog**** awful Liverpool have been this season.

It's like saying Adam Yates is Vale's best right back.

How does it?

Liverpool were fantastic last season and yet Henderson was one of the most consistent players and best performers.

Your hatred of Liverpool football club is somewhat amusing, but you talking ******** because of that is now getting pretty tiresome!

Were you watching a different game than the rest of us? If you think that Milner played anything like well then I hope we never bump into each other, as you're probably mentally unstable and highly dangerous! :D

Milner was crap. Hodgson was crap for playing him as a ball player. The only midfielder that can take some credit from the game was Wilshere, who at least passed the ball in the 2nd half and actually stood upright, but with his reputation he should be running rings around the likes of San Marino.

There you go again with the personal insults Bea pointed out! You need to stop having a **** under your LFC duvet cover at vhs videos of the 80s glory days, take off your fake Ian Rush rash and see that it's not always the managers fault and that eventually the crap reality of the quality of the players available has to be a real factor.

Besides where on earth did I suggest Milner played well, I merely suggested he wasn't as dog**** awful as 3 his bindipping and Gooner colleagues in the diamond! Without doubt he was the best of those in that formation until Woy made the right changes and put more creativity into midfield.

There you go again with the personal insults Bea pointed out! You need to stop having a **** under your LFC duvet cover at vhs videos of the 80s glory days, take off your fake Ian Rush rash and see that it's not always the managers fault and that eventually the crap reality of the quality of the players available has to be a real factor.

Besides where on earth did I suggest Milner played well, I merely suggested he wasn't as dog**** awful as 3 his bindipping and Gooner colleagues in the diamond! Without doubt he was the best of those in that formation until Woy made the right changes and put more creativity into midfield.

Admit it. As a child you caught your Mother in bed with a Scouser. I can see no other reason why any talk of Liverpool winds you up so much. Brilliant! :D

How does it?

Liverpool were fantastic last season and yet Henderson was one of the most consistent players and best performers.

Your hatred of Liverpool football club is somewhat amusing, but you talking ******** because of that is now getting pretty tiresome!

I've had the pleasure of watching every single one of their games in full this season me owd fruit and Henderson has been average at best.

I don't hate them in the slightest, infact I normally go to a couple of games a season with my Danish mate who goes on tour packages as I think I've mentioned before.

It's simply a case you are infatuated with them and see any criticism as hatred.

Indeed the only thing I hated was their stupid and blind support of Suarez under Dalglish, a man who I thought was much better than that.

Name 5 who would realistically want the job with all the hassle that comes with it. 2 years ago, it was a shoot out between Woy and 'arry, who has been a joke at QPR. Tells you everything.

I don't know who wants the job. The original quote was to name 5 managers who could do a better job and there are clearly many many more. To be perfectly honest I think Hodgson was one of the worst possible choices for England manager. He's a good manager with smaller clubs or smaller international sides, not good with big clubs.

Archived