onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

England v San Marino

For Us All

Only you who's saying Wilshere is world class. If anyone is over-hyped its your golden boy Stirling..

And yet offers so much more than 40 million Ozil, who you would have a reach around with if you had the chance despite his often woeful and disinterested performances.

Mind you, now that he's out for a few months you'll actually be able to play with 11 players in games. :D

Advert

It doesn't matter if he's 19 or 29. He's started a lot of games over the last 12 months and that takes it's toll on any player in the end, and to me he's not playing with the same sharpness at the moment.

Wilshere was our best player second half, a decent 45 minutes against a side Vale would beat hardly makes him a great player all of a sudden. He's massively over-hyped and nowhere near world-class.

Surely the more games a 19 yr old plays the better he gets. I don't believe for 1 second a 19 yr old will get knackered if plays every game, which he even doesn't..So that excuse that he's basically knackered is just silly you billy..

We were dire in the first half but at least Hodgson realised this and brought the 2 worst players off and replaced them with the correct players who should have started. Second half we played a lot better and scored 4 goals. Had the first been the same it would have been 8-0, a very good score line instead of the average 5-0 which should have been 6 bar a terrible refereeing decision.

We were absolutely garbage 1st half, in the 2nd we were adequate but little more. If that performance and victory excites you then you are very easy to please! Does your lady look like Pat Butcher by any chance? :D

Surely the more games a 19 yr old plays the better he gets. I don't believe for 1 second a 19 yr old will get knackered if plays every game, which he even doesn't..So that excuse that he's basically knackered is just silly you billy..

Yet I remember exactly the same being said about Wilshere many years ago, when he did actually put a run of games together. Whether it's tiredness or just poor form, so what? What young player doesn't have dips in form, you numpty?

And yet offers so much more than 40 million Ozil, who you would have a reach around with if you had the chance despite his often woeful and disinterested performances.

Mind you, now that he's out for a few months you'll actually be able to play with 11 players in games. :D

Bet your hoping Gerrard gets injured then eh?:razz:

That was painful to watch, we were better second half but common it was San Marino and they were knackered. Wilshire was decent along with lallana, ox and Townsend other than that we were poor IMO. I knew woy would be happy with that, ridiculous we were crap and to only score 5 against them is pretty poor. Also Spain lost, they have gone of the rails redently!

I think what a few people should note is that although all of the subs did well when coming on, they were playing against tiring San Marino players who had done a pretty good job in the 1st half of cutting off space, but were always going to struggle to keep that going in the second half for 90 minutes. Had the likes of Sterling come on in the second half instead I'm pretty sure that he would have had a lot more joy. That said, both Oxlade and Lallana should probably be starting.

Against Estonia -

Hart

Milner

Jagielka

Cahill

Baines

Lallana

Henderson

Wilshere

Chamberlain

Rooney

Welbeck

Neither Henderson or Wilshere are ball winners in the middle of the park but against Estonia it shouldn't really matter. Let Oxlade and Lallana roam and make sure that Baines and Milner get forward at every opportunity to offer some width, something they can both do as they have good engines and can get up and down. Rooney can always drop back a bit to help the two lads in midfield if need be, something he seemingly has always liked to do.

I'll take 5-0 all day long when we've played average.[/

5-0 will do fine. As for the giggly squabbles about Wilshere and stirling they are both players who would never get a game in any of the top 8 nations in world football. Jordan Henderson is a joke as an international selection and a couple of the others are only good one game in every three.

The manager is fine - nobody else would do a better job with the players available - England are what they are, a top 20 international team but not a top 10 side. Qualification will be simple in this stupid competition with its ridiculous groups, but as soon as England hit the finals it will be the same story as every other time.

Is there really any point in San Marino and Gibraltar competing in this or anything else ? They are not countries, and surely cannot get any enjoyment from playing - they just clog it up with extra fixtures.

I'll take 5-0 all day long when we've played average.[/

5-0 will do fine. As for the giggly squabbles about Wilshere and stirling they are both players who would never get a game in any of the top 8 nations in world football. Jordan Henderson is a joke as an international selection and a couple of the others are only good one game in every three.

The manager is fine - nobody else would do a better job with the players available - England are what they are, a top 20 international team but not a top 10 side. Qualification will be simple in this stupid competition with its ridiculous groups, but as soon as England hit the finals it will be the same story as every other time.

Is there really any point in San Marino and Gibraltar competing in this or anything else ? They are not countries, and surely cannot get any enjoyment from playing - they just clog it up with extra fixtures.

I could think of loads of managers who could do a far better job than Hodgson has/will do. I think henderson is decent myself.

Archived