onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Defender and Midfielder?

werstayinup

Advert

We don't need a MF, we need another Striker

I agree with that Doha me owd fruit,we have midfielders coming out of our ears.

I am guessing one will be a centre half to play alongside Duffy and then maybe push Zubar to Right Back(where I think he has played before),I am concerned about the left back position though and a lot of goals have come from that side this season.Also surely the FL will want us to start offloading some players if we keep bringing ones in

Its good that we are bringing in players and strengthening the squad but I am becoming slightly concerned at the number of loan players we have.

If we sign 2 more on loan that means with have 7 loanees in our squad.

You often see teams who have a poor start go out and sign a lot of players but end up switching the team around every week to find the 'perfect 11', never giving the team a chance to settle.

Even more signings worries me. We couldn't have got the transfer window that wrong surely? I don't think we need anyone else, maybe a striker to come in for slew but we have what seems to be a strong squad. It's now up to these players to prove they are good enough. Unless page has seen something he dosent like at all, eg our typically woeful defending last night and believes certain players just aren't good enough. Even though I think we need calm down on all these signings I'd still like to see streete here

Its good that we are bringing in players and strengthening the squad but I am becoming slightly concerned at the number of loan players we have.

If we sign 2 more on loan that means with have 7 loanees in our squad.

You often see teams who have a poor start go out and sign a lot of players but end up switching the team around every week to find the 'perfect 11', never giving the team a chance to settle.

Pretty sure thats what the Shrews did last season, loads of loan players and they went backdown into the trap door league.

We need better players in all areas, why aren't the likes of Brown and Jennings given a chance, are they not good enough if not why were they signed?

I'm slightly disappointed that Jennings hasn't been given a chance, and even more so , that he's not even made the bench for the last few games - does Page not rate him at all?

He sounded like he would be just what was required, a defensive midfielder that sits in front of the back four and keeps it simple, as per his 'fire blanket' nickname.

One thing that slightly concerns me is this part of the Sentinel article :-

...chairman Norman Smurthwaite has taken the initiative with the other deal as he helps interim manager Rob Page strengthen the squad.

Is this Smurthwaite dipping his fingers into the football side again, after his recent comments about now doing things that he wouldn't have been able to do with Adams in charge.

Archived