onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Feel sorry for Smurf.....

blackdog

He's financed the close season signings and what does he get in return ? A manager dropping huge hints he wants the sack so he can trouser his years salary.

Adams signings this close season need close scrutiny...Why sign all those mid fielders when we needed a couple of dominant centre halfs.

Why sign the French guy whose name escapes me ?

Why sign a right back who it is rumoured HAS to play or we pay his salary.

I think it is cruel on good loyal Vale supporters who have gone through administrations to find that now we have a manager who walked away at the drop of a hat, refusing to walk even though he has failed miserably in the transfer market and is so far off the game tactically its embarrassing.

Sitting back in the dug out is sending a message that he doesnt care a jot, Well I do care I will still be there long after Adams and Smurf have gone,so show some respect and negotiate a release and leave with your reputation intact.

Advert

Yes I have. There's nothing to be gained by holding grudges in life it's too negative and gets nowhere. We know why he did it, he was wrong to do that in many of our eyes, me included of course but I don't hold it against him.

You can not pick out the positive side and not balance it with the negatives. Yo are right Dave what has happened in the past is now forgotten. THAT MUST INCLUDE THE LAST TWO SEASONS. I really do think that he still does not like Norman and has played him like a kipper by insisting on a rolling contract which will cost Norman Probably in excess of £150,000.00 to get rid of him. Micky know that this is possibly his last job in league football so is now looking for another pay off to retire with. Thanks for the last two seasons, but as there is no sentiment in football. Goodbye Micky and take your stooges with you.

The desperate act of V2001 to re-sign him on a massive salary must have contributed to that Administration. Have you forgotten the 'I will put my own money in to be on the Board' statement?

The cult of Adams will probably down vote me to hell but I don't care.

I'll never forget the way he talked about the protestors.

I'll never forget the lies to buy shares and the propping up of a board that was screwing the club. And the. The public thanking of hem when promoted despite their actions.

I'll never forget the attitude towards the fans. His surly and disrespectful attitude during the sproson statue unveiling. It's even been said he was not happy with the reception rudgie got during the button game but that may be hearsay.

Good riddance.

I'll never forget the lies to buy shares and the propping up of a board that was screwing the club. And the. The public thanking of hem when promoted despite their actions.

I'll never forget the attitude towards the fans. His surly and disrespectful attitude during the sproson statue unveiling. It's even been said he was not happy with the reception rudgie got during the button game but that may be hearsay.

Good riddance.

I bet you pair have been waiting for this poor run to come with eager anticipation so you can really stick the knife in and give it a good twist, like the sad, bitter vultures that you are.

I'll never forget him halting our slide into non league, which would surely have been the end of us.

I'll never forget him convincing all the players (bar Artell) to stay at he club despite having their contracts torn up when we went into admin.

I'll never forget him securing our first promotion as a club for 2 decades!

I'll never forget him transforming Tom Pope from a 5 goal a season striker to the highest goal scorer in the whole of England

I'll never forget him securing our highest league position for 1 decade.

If your time is up (which I believe it is and should be) then goodbye and thanks for what you've done. You achieved your objectives and can be proud of the job you've done here.

I bet you pair have been waiting for this poor run to come with eager anticipation so you can really stick the knife in and give it a good twist, like the sad, bitter vultures that you are.

I'll never forget him halting our slide into non league, which would surely have been the end of us.

I'll never forget him convincing all the players (bar Artell) to stay at he club despite having their contracts torn up when we went into admin.

I'll never forget him transforming Tom Pope from a 5 goal a season striker to the highest goal scorer in the whole of England

If your time is up (which I believe it is and should be) then goodbye and thanks for what you've done. You achieved your objectives and can be proud of the job you've done here.

That's the attitude I believe we should take. Sorry AR but playing the bitter card, presuming you celebrated our promotion, is ridiculous and hypocritical

That's the attitude I believe we should take. Sorry AR but playing the bitter card, presuming you celebrated our promotion, is ridiculous and hypocritical

Did you support vale when glover and gannon were in charge? Did you celebrate when we won? Bit hypocritical?

My point is that it would be harder to criticise if he was likeable. He's not.

Spot on.

Well said George. Agreed on behalf of many, many long suffering Valiants.

Thread is about feeling sorry for Smurf though...... Yes, I do in so much that he put all his eggs in one basket dilly dallying with Micky over the contract issue and he must have genuinely believed Micky was liked here and that he would progress the Club further. Accordingly he backed Micky with the money to get in players Micky wanted here. In hindsight Norm must this morning feel that his world has caved in. From a dream and a possible nice retirement hobby he has suddenly learned that Football is on a different planet from the business world he dabbled in previously!

Yes, Smurf got himself into this mess but as an inexperienced football entrepreneur he did try his best for us and did cough up the necessary to enable Vale to start afresh after the last lot's debacle. For that I do feel sorry for him.

The learning curve for Norm is a massive one and all the hard core Vale fans know only too well the ups ands downs over the years at our great Club. He is now aware of the mighty task ahead to rescue our downward spiral and really we should all hope and pray that he does not decide to walk away himself, let alone ponder over Micky's (and his 2 inept co culprits) futures. We can replace a manager and the 2 others BUT to commence another upheaval in our Club's history by finding ourselves without an owner is hell to even consider. All the recent turmoil concerning our lack of leadership can easily pale into insignificance if Norm has had enough and as a businessman decides to cut the ongoing losses and walk away himself. Think about that fellow Valiants, even if you have no sympathy for Adams and co.

Some form of stability is 100% needed at this moment in time and as much as I have appreciated everything Adams has done for us it is now time for him to go to pastures new and hopefully for Norm to continue. Old sayings about " being too good to go down....we have far too good players to contemplate relegation.... it will get better" are there in history and bit the bums of those that though that. Before it's too late Norm has to act and hopefully with the backing of those that care for Vale's future because the present manager has now sadly proved beyond doubt that he hasn't a clue how to retrieve the appalling situation we find ourselves in. Stability of a new regime can then hopefully steer us onto the correct path.

We will all have our own theories/thoughts and ideas as to why it's gone so wrong and what could be done but at the end of the day the tripe being offered to the paying fans has now reached a head that cannot be ignored any longer. Players that we usually expect to carry others through are now feeling the stress and the clear lack of confidence vibe that is flooding through the Club. We cannot rely on individuals in the Team to gee up others. No one player at present is without criticism of not trying/and/or falling below standards necessary to maintain our stay in Division 1 as the situation has shown these last few games that we are not a Team pulling together. Money dictates everything in football and as such Vale are now in the position of having to decide whether it's prudent to throw valuable cash away by investing in, hopefully, a better future. BIG decision Norm.

I remain a Valiant as I will be here come what may. I don't have the security of a massive pension or pay off to remain a Valiant!

Good riddance.

Completely agree.

Taking away his tactical ineptitude I have never liked Adams' character simply from his interviews.

Archived