onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ched Evans

Advert

Personally I think he would be a great signing for us, he'd certainly be eager probe himself.

Is what he did any worse than what Lee Hughes or Luke McCormack did? They both took lives.

Labelling him a rapist is a bit harsh, he had sex with a drunk girl. She was conscious she was consenting just apparently to drunk.

I too would like to sign him but worry what it would mean for a image and potential sponsors. The media would have a field day

What we lose out on Un sponsorship we would certainly make up for by getting promoted. Sign him on a 2\3 year deal when he starts banging them in (no pun intended) other clubs will start sniffing around. He could easily sell for millions.

What we lose out on Un sponsorship we would certainly make up for by getting promoted. Sign him on a 2\3 year deal when he starts banging them in (no pun intended) other clubs will start sniffing around. He could easily sell for millions.

Unfortunately football doesn't work like that.

Is what he did any worse than what Lee Hughes or Luke McCormack did? They both took lives.

Labelling him a rapist is a bit harsh, he had sex with a drunk girl. She was conscious she was consenting just apparently to drunk.

Hughes and McCormick both caused death by dangerous driving. But unless you are a judge you can't say their convictions are correct and Evans is not.

You don't have to be sober to be a rape victim (that's the same outdated argument as wearing provocative clothes) and she didn't give consent because Evans legal team could not convince the judge she had. The court ruled she didn't give consent and if you don't get consent then it is rape.

Labelling him a racist is correct - that is what he was convicted of by the British legal system. Unless his appeal is successful, that is what he is and that is what he will remain.

Regardless of what he is or isn't - Norman Smurthwaite has previously said he's not interested in signing him so I don't really see the point of this.

Personally, I think his signing at the moment would be a huge mistake. If he launches and wins an appeal, then that's different but right now, regardless of his ability on the pitch, the media scrutiny would be a big problem, in my view.

Hughes and McCormick both caused death by dangerous driving. But unless you are a judge you can't say their convictions are correct and Evans is not.

You don't have to be sober to be a rape victim (that's the same outdated argument as wearing provocative clothes) and she didn't give consent because Evans legal team could not convince the judge she had. The court ruled she didn't give consent and if you don't get consent then it is rape.

Labelling him a racist is correct - that is what he was convicted of by the British legal system. Unless his appeal is successful, that is what he is and that is what he will remain.

Regardless of what he is or isn't - Norman Smurthwaite has previously said he's not interested in signing him so I don't really see the point of this.

Personally, I think his signing at the moment would be a huge mistake. If he launches and wins an appeal, then that's different but right now, regardless of his ability on the pitch, the media scrutiny would be a big problem, in my view.

All the above is fine but how come she was sober enough to consent to MacDonald?

We would be certain of promotion?.... as certain as some people were he wouldnt be convicted?

McDonald said in court that she consented into having sex with Evans. The judge ruled that she was to intoxicated to make that decision. If Evans was sober and took advantage then yeah he's guilty, but he himself was intoxicated along with McDonald.

The way I see it is:

He's is (or at least was ) out on licence, which means he is still being punished.

He's launched an appeal against his conviction which the Court of Appeal have agreed to hear. Because of this I do not expect him to show remorse for his crime as it undermines his case, wheat I do expect is for his girlfriend and family to shut the **** up and not try and manipulate the media into thinking he's innocent. to be fair he hasn't said anything but then again that might prejudice his defence but a dignified silence from his camp should have been an absolute minimum.

Personally, if one of Smurf's tactics is building up the corporate side of the club to increase revenue, he would really mess it up by signing Evans and he isn't daft.

The only plus side I can see is his ability and who knows how that's suffered.

Archived