onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

When peace breaks out

Heatwave

Taking a look at one or two of the comments that have been made by all sides in the debate (pro or anti board, pro or anti Mo, etc) I'm worried that there's going to be a lot of bad blood in the aftermath of Wednesday and beyond.

It reminds me a bit of what happened when the miners' strike was on in the mid 80s. Some supported the strike, others didn't and worked, and when the strike was over suddenly they had to work together again. Relationships were often never the same and some broken for ever. And then they shut the pits anyway.

We're in the end all Vale fans and my hope is that will rise above any resentment that may linger. Whatever happens next week and beyond, my hope is it all gets put behind us and we can get on with the business of supporting next season's L2 champions. But that can only happen with the goodwill of everybody.

The boardroom conflict has spawned a number of groups like SEO and B & G. How about a new one - one that recognises our will to support Vale till we die? It may not have a snazzy website, or have well heeled backers, but it's all the more essential.

And whatever happens, let's just get on with it.

Advert

The supporters' club can benefit greatly from this - if people care half as much when things are going well as they have done during the bad times, we'll have a supporters' group that will be the envy of most clubs.

Assuming a successful outcome on Wednesday, perhaps B&G, starve 'em out, etc could all be somehow "officially" merged into the supporters' club to show that we've put the troubles behind us and are all pulling one direction?

It's very noticeable that people like Banbell and Markie etc. have been rather quite in the last few day's.

After Wednesday I wonder if the messages from such folks will be in harmony with all anti board and true supporters of the new chairman and board?

Taking a look at one or two of the comments that have been made by all sides in the debate (pro or anti board, pro or anti Mo, etc) I'm worried that there's going to be a lot of bad blood in the aftermath of Wednesday and beyond.

It reminds me a bit of what happened when the miners' strike was on in the mid 80s. Some supported the strike, others didn't and worked, and when the strike was over suddenly they had to work together again. Relationships were often never the same and some broken for ever. And then they shut the pits anyway.

We're in the end all Vale fans and my hope is that will rise above any resentment that may linger. Whatever happens next week and beyond, my hope is it all gets put behind us and we can get on with the business of supporting next season's L2 champions. But that can only happen with the goodwill of everybody.

The boardroom conflict has spawned a number of groups like SEO and B & G. How about a new one - one that recognises our will to support Vale till we die? It may not have a snazzy website, or have well heeled backers, but it's all the more essential.

I shouldn't worry Melv it won't be long before everyone are 'happy as sand boys'. The few pro-board supporters have already bought their STs and the anti's are soon to get theirs and with good gates and a few good wins behind us we will be 'cooking on gas' with Mark Sims if you forgive my pun.:yes:

From what I am hearing, the board are planning dirty tricks and I suspect the battle will get even worse :(

I just hope the board realise that if they thought the protests of the past were bad, whilst I don't condone it I can see it getting a whole lot worse! :ninja:

It's very noticeable that people like Banbell and Markie etc. have been rather quite in the last few day's.

After Wednesday I wonder if the messages from such folks will be in harmony with all anti board and true supporters of the new chairman and board?

I dont think we will hear anything from the Bratt pack from here on in mate.

Guest Dan Phillips

I'm pretty sure that he has been banned.

starve em out will become "the fatten up campaigne" so bin told anyway to help maximise club investment

Archived