onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Good Old Labour Council

soothsayer

That is true and mainly because of those who don't vote then proceed to moan and groan about the incumbent government.

Thats not quite accurate....

How many people are below the age to vote?

How many people are not eligible to vote?

How many people vote for parties other than the winners?

How many votes are spoiled?

How many people dont vote because they have no affinity to any of the parties represented?

Even if everyone voted it is likely that the winning party would have less than 50% of the total vote.... thats the first past the post system of party politics in the UK

• 2 months later...

Advert

£10,000 to make a DVD on how to change a light bulb.

Who did they hire Phil Ament?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2687698/Council-spent-10K-DVD-showing-tenants-change-lightbulb-never-released.html

Crikey who was their advisor on this!!

It's what you are always likely to get with a labour government or council, spend, spend, spend no matter what the cause or effect.

As far as Tunstall is concerned, the place should be condemned. rats, rubbish strewn all over the streets, unemployed people dealing drugs and absolutely absolutely no community- the place is nearly all but destroyed.

How would i know? I live there, unfortunately. Trouble is, the council love having doldrum places like Tunstall- people dream of having a clean street- an easy budget target for the local labour cabinet. As for the local council Labour would get in every time because people are just living in their make believe world that they actually care- they don't.

To be honest I'm not clear on the purpose of the DVD so finding it difficult to pass judgement.

I can imagine (based on what little I do know) that when it comes to anything like this advising people how to do things in their home, that there are potentially all sort of legal and H&S ramifications to be addressed so it's right that they should be dilligent; but two years does on the surface seem an awful long time

As far as Tunstall is concerned, the place should be condemned. rats, rubbish strewn all over the streets, unemployed people dealing drugs and absolutely absolutely no community- the place is nearly all but destroyed.

How would i know? I live there, unfortunately. Trouble is, the council love having doldrum places like Tunstall- people dream of having a clean street- an easy budget target for the local labour cabinet. As for the local council Labour would get in every time because people are just living in their make believe world that they actually care- they don't.

They seem to have spent a lot on Tunstall in the last few years,Asda,Matalan,Argos,Next,DW Sports Gym,Iceland and the new medical centre,so do you think has this been at the expense of the High Street and the community?

From what i can gather, people who are seeking cheap housing go to tunstall, i.e those ineligible for council houses , so they rent anywhere, hence the sub standards of living in tunstall. These people usually get 90% of their rent paid via the housing benefits, so the landlord wont give a toss what state the property is in.

Archived