onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League Final Day

Shola on why Dowd sent him off: "You can't make up the way I was sent off. I still don't know why it happened," Ameobi told nufc.co.uk following the final whistle.

"I was given a first yellow card for dissent, but for the second one I'm ready to take the restart when the referee has called me back.

"He told me to stop showing dissent, so I told him that I was allowed to plead my case. I asked him 'are you going to send me off for trying to plead my case for my team?' and he said 'yes'.

Advert

The days of big spending have gone George, the club is hoping the next few years will see the money spent on the Academy and the scouting network come to fruition. Pulis went for tried and testied experienced players with very little resale value in the main, Hughes is looking more at picking up bargains from the continent and hopefully selling them on down the line for a large profit (Muniesa from Barca and Arnautovic from Werder Bremen look like they could be gems).

I think it's the only way for clubs of Stoke's size to be self sufficient, be interesting to see how the next few seasons pan out.....

I had the fortune of refereeing Ollie Shenton a couple of times this season, he should be making the first team sqaud this season, not sure about anyone else with the possible exception of a really good kepper (Bermudan I think).

Is it really Dowd's final game? Looks like in that case he's decided to screw impartiality and to help out the team he's admitted to being a supporter of then.....

Dowd is 52. I suspect he will not be on the list next year.

I'm pretty sure he's only just 51' date=' Peter Walton went on until he was almost 54 so you never know.[/quote']

Yes, you're right, REP - he'll be 52 during next season. I did wonder if the fact that he appears to have put on all the weight he lost suggests he's packing in or he's going to have a starvation summer!

Is it really Dowd's final game? Looks like in that case he's decided to screw impartiality and to help out the team he's admitted to being a supporter of then.....

I am sure Phil Dowd is a Vale fan and sits in the Lorne Street with his daughter when he is not refereeing a match.

He also lives in Biddulph.

Archived