onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Altrincham promoted

Lee Sinnott, James Lawrie, Kyle Perry and Simon Richman have just got Alty promoted to the Conference proper. Lawrie got the first (and the winner in the semi final) and Perry hit the bar in extra time. It is unfair of me but this tweet did make me laugh...

(119) Perry curls a shot comfortably off target

Advert

Lawrie was playing right wing. Tactical masterstroke from Sinnott taking Damian Reeves (Alty top striker) in injury time of extra time with penalties looming. His replacement scored the winner. Fine line between madness and genius I guess.

On another note, Oli Johnson (ex Stockport and Norwich) was excellent for Guiseley in midfield. Pace and power running with the ball. I know he was highly rated at Stockport and moved to Norwich for a sizeable fee. Seems to have lost his way a bit. I wouldn't be disappointed if we gave him a pre season game or 2...

Well done to Lee. I don't believe he was given a chance at the Vale. He was really handicapped with people doing everything they could to make sure he failed. With Glover and Co. doing every thing they could to destabilise his every move on the team front and Jackson giving him no real budget to work with which is why he could only afford the likes of Perry and Slater.

Well done to Lee. I don't believe he was given a chance at the Vale. He was really handicapped with people doing everything they could to make sure he failed. With Glover and Co. doing every thing they could to destabilise his every move on the team front and Jackson giving him no real budget to work with which is why he could only afford the likes of Perry and Slater.

To be fair he didn't help himself with his ridiculously arrogant attitude.

Credit to everyone involved for Alty, brought back happy memories of our Cup game there in the 90's.

Never found him to be arrogant really. He was well aware of how rotten the club was from top to bottom.

There were some really good interviews on here that came out just after his sacking illustrating how ****ty the club had got behind the scenes. I think they were conducted by a poster on here, interviewing one of his backroom staff, but the last couple had to be shelved because of legal action ( I think). I wonder if they could now be made available?

Best of luck to Lee Sinnott like Rayzer he was never given a chance at the Vale with all the 'back stabbing' etc. I well remember his final interview just prior to his sacking when he said ''I hope in time that I am judged on the conditions that I have had to work with''. He also said the club needed a major root to branch tip clearout. How wise these statements proved to be but sadly all of the 'deadwood' wasn't ever cut out.

Best of luck to Lee Sinnott like Rayzer he was never given a chance at the Vale with all the 'back stabbing' etc. I well remember his final interview just prior to his sacking when he said ''I hope in time that I am judged on the conditions that I have had to work with''. He also said the club needed a major root to branch tip clearout. How wise these statements proved to be but sadly all of the 'deadwood' wasn't ever cut out.

Correct Mike, Glover was one of the bigger ****s who worked to get him the sack....I told Glover to his face when he was manager that I wanted him (Glover) out & he got it in the end. pity that the clear out never got to Lodey when Bratt & co were FO.

Archived