onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matt Sandoz tonight.

Spunk Trumpet

tbh i thought matt was very shrewd in the broadcast with mo tonight, because i got the impression he was being the way he was to test mo, thus giving mo the opportunity to give the right answers to try and persuade the fence sitters.

its obvious that he has to distance himself from certain things mo said because those things werent 'facts' they were mo's opinion. although they are widely known to be true!

Advert

Ugh I knew there'd be a thread like this as soon as I listened to the programme. It is a journalists job to play devils advocate and put the other point across. Sandoz did this and Mo answered all the questions very well, which strengthened Mo's position.

People on here seem to slate any journalist who dares to try to put across the other side of the argument. Yes it's a very emotive subject for fans but everyone seems to expect that every member of the local press should vehemently back Mo's bid and talk about how amazing he is and how bad the board are. Any failure to do that prompts a hysterical reaction on here!

When Jeremy Paxman grills some politician it's not because he's being "biased" one way or the other, it's cause he's doing his job! Radio Stoke and Sentinel people aren't exactly in the same league but you get the idea.

Missing the point somewhat...it's not so much that he gave Mo a hard time, more that he gave the other two an easy ride.

Why did Sandoz let Lloyd get away with saying the Ameriturf deal was "merely sponsorship" when in fact it includes buying £400k of shares which, when added to the boards shares, mean we are being run by one person in effect, something Bratt has claimed to want to avoid?

Why did Sandoz let Lloyd get away with saying the Ameriturf deal was "merely sponsorship" when in fact it includes buying £400k of shares which, when added to the boards shares, mean we are being run by one person in effect, something Bratt has claimed to want to avoid?

cos he hadn't done any research! And Matt Sandoz doesn't have a mole at the Senile!!

Missing the point somewhat...it's not so much that he gave Mo a hard time, more that he gave the other two an easy ride.

i dont think he gave the other 2 such an easy ride, the guy from ameriturf for example, i got the impression matt was sounding unsure after giving an answer, and giving the fans a glimpse into what he really thinks about the ameritur guy. matt raised the point that he wasnt american, which although not primarily important does fall in line with the findings that this company are a little dodgy from what has been dug up.

i dont think he gave the other 2 such an easy ride, the guy from ameriturf for example, i got the impression matt was sounding unsure after giving an answer, and giving the fans a glimpse into what he really thinks about the ameritur guy. matt raised the point that he wasnt american, which although not primarily important does fall in line with the findings that this company are a little dodgy from what has been dug up.

I thought that Matt was taking the proverbial. Could be wrong;)

Ugh I knew there'd be a thread like this as soon as I listened to the programme. It is a journalists job to play devils advocate and put the other point across. Sandoz did this and Mo answered all the questions very well, which strengthened Mo's position.

People on here seem to slate any journalist who dares to try to put across the other side of the argument. Yes it's a very emotive subject for fans but everyone seems to expect that every member of the local press should vehemently back Mo's bid and talk about how amazing he is and how bad the board are. Any failure to do that prompts a hysterical reaction on here!

When Jeremy Paxman grills some politician it's not because he's being "biased" one way or the other, it's cause he's doing his job! Radio Stoke and Sentinel people aren't exactly in the same league but you get the idea.

Missed the point.

Why scrutinise Mo and not Mike Lloyd or the other guy?

All very subtle and nuanced, I'm afraid, and will have been missed by most against the ridiculously warm sentiments expressed by Matt towards the end of the interview. The guy said nothing and no questions were asked regarding the £1.6m; the shares; the background to the company; their longer term intentions and why Port Vale? The odd silence and asking him wy he isn't American pales into insignificance against that lot and I got the feelng Sandoz was hesitating because he didn't really know what to ask, and repeated himself at some points about it promoting the use of artificial turf in Europe.

As for Lloyd, Sandoz never challenged him on anything - he could have read from a prepared statement for all the good Matt did. It might have been quicker and less boring had he done so.

Sandoz is half stokie and half corporate suck up. He claims to play the devil's advocate in debates concerning the local clubs but he is merely a puppet that asks safe questions which don't resolve anything. Radio Stoke should have a pair of reporters covering Stoke and a pair of reporters covering Vale. That would resolve the clear biases which are presented week in week out on P and G. The icing on this cake would be to banish Crewe to the forsaken airwaves of Cheadle radio where they belong.

Guest Dan Phillips
The icing on this cake would be to banish Crewe to the forsaken airwaves of Cheadle radio where they belong.

What sense would it make putting Crewe on Cheadle radio? Surely sticking them on the blatantly obvious Cheshire radio stations would be more suitable?

caroline , if mike lloyd wanted 45 mins they should have given it to him , he wouldnt have lasted though as he would have made his excuses and left early , he wouldnt have been able to answer the multitude of questions . saying that he would probably have just laughed for 40 minutes anyway its all so hilarious.

This night was set aside for Vale talk, originally for the fans' forum.

Perry Deakin was supposed to have been given equal time to Mo, except he pulled out.

If Mike Lloyd wanted more than 4 minutes he probably should have got in contact with the station a lot earlier and they would have planned the show accordingly.

What sense would it make putting Crewe on Cheadle radio? Surely sticking them on the blatantly obvious Cheshire radio stations would be more suitable?

That's what I meant.

The laughter of contempt towards all true Vale fans from the formerly bankrupt Walsall fan was really quite haunting to hear......Mo Chaudry

came across with great dignity of purpose and has the passion for the

project of a real Vale fan.....the wide boy from Essex and the man who

owes many a person from Stoke-on-Trent a concert ticket not so.

No I got the point, I was just trying to look at it from a media perspective rather than a fan perspective.

From a fan point of view, I'd have loved to see him grill Lloyd and the Ameriturf guy. I didn't hear the Lloyd interview, but if he only got four of five minutes then it was arguably in Mo's favour cause he got much longer to put his point across.

With the Ameriturf guy...well there wasn't really a lot he could have said and I don't think Sandoz could have really got much out of him without making potentially libelous comments about the legitimacy of their business.

You'd expect a high profile local businessman who's been looking to buy the club for 6 months to get a different type of interview than a spokesperson from a tin pot company who've negotiated a fairly insignificant deal.

I'm just not sure what Sandoz could have asked that would have appeased people. He's probably not going to say: "is your business legitimate?", "why are your offices a run down house in California?", nor would there be any point in him asking something like "Why have you agreed to this investment, should you not step aside and let Mo Chaudry in instead?" These are the type of things fans want to know, but they're either defamatory or directed at the wrong person!

I'd love to see Radio Stoke do some proper investigative journalism and look into a few of the key issues surrounding this company, but that's another matter! I guess their idea of a good investigation is Matt Sandoz nipping up to Bratt's office and having a look at the season ticket figures. :rolleyes:

Archived