onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Champions League

Advert

I thought both Barca's pens were the right decision. The first the guy fell towards his left (not straight down) and towards the Barca player as he was falling his left arm came out and made contact with the Barca man's feet/leg. Second one was defo pen, Marquinios was behind Suarez, he couldn't possible play the ball and made contact with Suarez although Suarez did make the most out of it.

I thought Mascherano fouled Di Maria as he was in the process of shooting when he was 1 on 1 in the 2nd half, tell tale sign for me was Mascherano walked away immediately, no pen was given and the tv didn't replay it so hard to tell.

I'm sorry but that's nonsense. The first penalty the defender fell in the direction that he was running in. He didn't change as he was falling, he fell in one direction. As for his arm coming out, it went straight down to cushion his fall. You try falling and not trying to stop yourself with your hand, it's impossible. The second one was a blatant dive. If there was any contact it was minute and certainly did not warrant a foul of any sort. Suarez, as he does best, threw himself to the floor.

The only foul which was a clear penalty was the one on Di Maria which wasn't given. Barcelona got lucky yesterday.

The ref got it wrong for the 1st penalty. The defender was falling in the opposite direction , and was outstretched on the ground when Suarez made the most of it. Before that, both he and Neymar showed why a lot of football fans hate them for their antics. Disgraceful. Great goal from the free-kick by Neymar though. The second penalty was another wrong decision by the ref.

Even in real time it's plain to see that he dived , holding his face as well to make it look worse . A ref under pressure for sure. PSG were indeed robbed .

I'm sorry but that's nonsense. The first penalty the defender fell in the direction that he was running in. He didn't change as he was falling, he fell in one direction. As for his arm coming out, it went straight down to cushion his fall. You try falling and not trying to stop yourself with your hand, it's impossible.

Look at it closely, there is a slight move to the left as the defender fell and the left arm comes out to the left and makes contact with the leg/foot of the attacker, not nonsense at all. The defender once he slipped knew what he was doing.

The second one was a blatant dive. If there was any contact it was minute and certainly did not warrant a foul of any sort. Suarez, as he does best, threw himself to the floor.

Marquinious had got the wrong side of Suarez, he couldn't play the ball, look at Marquinios' left arm accross Suarez's neck at 5.01 in the front on view and the subsequent contact from behind. Stupid challenge by Marquinios and pen, he was a liability all night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U81_1IKJ5_8

The only foul which was a clear penalty was the one on Di Maria which wasn't given. Barcelona got lucky yesterday.

What I said although although I couldn't be "Clear" cause not seen any slo-mo up close footage of the like of the Suarez/Marquinios challenge.

Have to agree to disagree.

Look at it closely, there is a slight move to the left as the defender fell and the left arm comes out to the left and makes contact with the leg/foot of the attacker, not nonsense at all. The defender once he slipped knew what he was doing.

Marquinious had got the wrong side of Suarez, he couldn't play the ball, look at Marquinios' left arm accross Suarez's neck at 5.01 in the front on view and the subsequent contact from behind. Stupid challenge by Marquinios and pen, he was a liability all night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U81_1IKJ5_8

What I said although although I couldn't be "Clear" cause not seen any slo-mo up close footage of the like of the Suarez/Marquinios challenge.

Have to agree to disagree.

Are you a Barca fan Paul as I think you are clutching at straws? Both were poor penalty decisions, add the one PSG possibly should have had which was more a penalty than either of those awarded to Barca and they were 'done over' 3 times in one game.

Are you a Barca fan Paul as I think you are clutching at straws? Both were poor penalty decisions' date=' add the one PSG possibly should have had which was more a penalty than either of those awarded to Barca and they were 'done over' 3 times in one game.[/quote']

Not a Barca fan at all, have said why I consider both were pens and the ref and goal line ref agree with me to!! I to thought Barca were lucky to go through but on the basis of the misses by Cavani and Di Maria. The latter's miss looked a penalty but there's no close up slo-mo to get a look at it but the way Mascherano walked quickly away says it all.

Not a Barca fan at all, have said why I consider both were pens and the ref and goal line ref agree with me to!! I to thought Barca were lucky to go through but on the basis of the misses by Cavani and Di Maria. The latter's miss looked a penalty but there's no close up slo-mo to get a look at it but the way Mascherano walked quickly away says it all.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/09/luis-suarez-dive-barcelona-cheating-psg

Jounalist doesn't give any rational for his view....perhaps he can't! I'll stick with what I've posted, there's defo a move to the left into Neymar for the first one, the defender's head is raised and he makes no attempt to get his head out of the way and at 3.21 the defender snaps his head upwards to try and bring Neymar down.

The second one was a stupid challenge on Suarez, the defender can't win or play the ball at all as he's behind Suarez, the footage around 5.01 shows there is contact. Suarez could have just put the brakes on and slowed down/stopped, and Marquinhos woould have ploughed into the back of him.

Let's agree to disagree, it's what makes football, football.

Jounalist doesn't give any rational for his view....perhaps he can't! I'll stick with what I've posted, there's defo a move to the left into Neymar for the first one, the defender's head is raised and he makes no attempt to get his head out of the way and at 3.21 the defender snaps his head upwards to try and bring Neymar down.

The second one was a stupid challenge on Suarez, the defender can't win or play the ball at all as he's behind Suarez, the footage around 5.01 shows there is contact. Suarez could have just put the brakes on and slowed down/stopped, and Marquinhos woould have ploughed into the back of him.

Let's agree to disagree, it's what makes football, football.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but they can whine and whinge from arrrrrsholke to breakfast time and it wont get PSG into the next round. I will repeat that despite the French having a reputation for having a good whine or two, the PSG people could take lessons from some on here.

The PSG people have some dignity left-

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-champions-fcb-psg-emery-idUKKBN16G034

The manager knows that his team switched off and makes not a single mention of ref decisions - we are lucky that our resident know-all curmudgeons aren't in any position to influence anyone with their attempts to belittle this magnificent achievement.

Why is it that the dignified people at PSG aren't up in arms at this so-called injustice that only the serial bickerers of **** can see?

Why is it that the dignified people at PSG aren't up in arms at this so-called injustice that only the serial bickerers of **** can see?

There's petition that has gathered 200,000+ signatures but don't let the truth get in the way of you douching up another thread

There's petition that has gathered 200,000+ signatures but don't let the truth get in the way of you douching up another thread

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/petitionfor-barcelona-psg-replay-remarkable-10012433

However, Luis Melendo Olmedo who started the petition is a Real Madrid fan so he's possibly a tad biased as are possibly many of the signatories to the petition?

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/sorry-no-refunds-madrid-fan-191217905.html

There's petition that has gathered 200,000+ signatures but don't let the truth get in the way of you ******** up another thread

I rather think the post before mine, that answered yours has left yourself as the , massive job though that must have been.

Even more impressive evidence of your bias when the post was made by someone who, to put it mildly, I have never been on good terms with !

But truth will out - and don't let the truth about it being sour grapes from Madrid get in the way of your posts.:laugh::razz:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/petitionfor-barcelona-psg-replay-remarkable-10012433

However, Luis Melendo Olmedo who started the petition is a Real Madrid fan so he's possibly a tad biased as are possibly many of the signatories to the petition?

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/sorry-no-refunds-madrid-fan-191217905.html

Point is JA, it's not just the "serial bickerers of OVF" like the #1 serial bickerer stated.

Archived