onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Neil Aspin

Jacko51

Aspin's Halifax team looking very good at the moment. 6 games without conceding a goal and unbeaten in the last 8 games, including a 2-0 win against runaway leaders Luton. Tough game tonight away at Grimsby then three winnable games to seal their play-off place. Aspin's doing a fine job there.

Advert

I know Aspo a bit and I've always thought he has the right personality, knowledge and approach to be a success as a manager. I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't been offered a job at a league club that he couldn't turn down. Don't think it'll be long before that happens though.

PS - John McGrath was one of the best things ever to happen to the Vale. No matter what his good & bad points, no matter what Rudgey did or didn't 'do for him', he revitalised a dying club and put some excitement and pride back. He pulled us up by our bootlaces. Top man, R.I.P.

I know Aspo a bit and I've always thought he has the right personality, knowledge and approach to be a success as a manager. I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't been offered a job at a league club that he couldn't turn down. Don't think it'll be long before that happens though.

PS - John McGrath was one of the best things ever to happen to the Vale. No matter what his good & bad points, no matter what Rudgey did or didn't 'do for him', he revitalised a dying club and put some excitement and pride back. He pulled us up by our bootlaces. Top man, R.I.P.

You could say the same thing about Micky Adams, he certainly pulled us up by our bootlaces and got us up last year and put some excitement back in the place..... maybe they next man can take things on like Rudgey did? Aspin certainly played under a great manager here for 10 years and maybe learnt a trick or two

Aspin's Halifax team looking very good at the moment. 6 games without conceding a goal and unbeaten in the last 8 games, including a 2-0 win against runaway leaders Luton. Tough game tonight away at Grimsby then three winnable games to seal their play-off place. Aspin's doing a fine job there.

Won away at the in-form Grimsby tonight, 0-1 in front of a fair crowd of over 4000. From a position where they couldn't win an away game to save their lives earlier in the season, Aspin has got them beating their fellow promotion rivals in what is their fifth successive away win. A fine manager by anyone's standards at a club with few resources. Whether he comes to the Vale or not, he is definitely one to watch.

Won away at the in-form Grimsby tonight, 0-1 in front of a fair crowd of over 4000. From a position where they couldn't win an away game to save their lives earlier in the season, Aspin has got them beating their fellow promotion rivals in what is their fifth successive away win. A fine manager by anyone's standards at a club with few resources. Whether he comes to the Vale or not, he is definitely one to watch.

Yes, another excellent result. I'd really like Aspin to take Halifax up and see how he fares in the FL.

Neil Aspin lives in Yorkshire, but I guess he might move for a League 1 opportunity. But the issue comes back to budget and players, the outcome, if there is a good outcome we are up the league, a bad outcome down the bottom.

Archived