onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Neil Aspin

Jacko51

This time next year, when we are in a relegation battle with 4,000 crowds watching a team of home grown youth players and cheap premiership loanees, who from here will start the "bring back Adams" thread?

Going back to the dark V2001 ethos would be a depressing thought but let's look forward with some hope and optimism for now.

Advert

This time next year, when we are in a relegation battle with 4,000 crowds watching a team of home grown youth players and cheap premiership loanees, who from here will start the "bring back Adams" thread?
Don't know Zebra but there will be a few saying ****** off Smurf (that's if he is still here by then!)

Problem with taking on Aspin is if he fails it's another legend of the club tarnished in the way Glover was and slightly Foyle.

I don't think Foyle's reputation was particuarily tarnished. As I mentioned above, the likes of Shane Tudor, Craig Rocastle, Paul Edwards let him down by grossly underperforming. I have no animosity towards Tin Man whatsoever because on paper he did okay.

Glover on the over hand was clearly out of his depth and I don't know if it was money or the power triip that motivated him but he should have realised we were only going one way with him in charge and stepped back. He also had his post match holy trinity of blame for the poor results- the team, the ref or the fans, which was frankly mind blowing. I don't care how menial the work he is doing at Vale is now, I personally wouldn't let him anywhere near Port Vale ever again. In addition, you have to wonder what part he played in the Lee Sinnott's cursed tenure too

Smurf said on the radio there was "gentlemans agreement" in place between him and Micky and an announcement will be made when it's made. From listening to the sound bite on RS (and that's all it was) I got the impression a decision on Mickys future had already been made. What that future is, I don't know.

Come on Tosh you are like me a seasoned Valeite when do the Vale ever do that. I do admire your optimism though.

I am a seasoned fan OS but I have absolutely no idea what will be for the best for our future, I do remember being upset when John McGrath got sacked after he revived our fortunes and got us promoted before an unknown and untried coach took over and give us our best ever era...

What I do know is that Saturday against Carlisle is a must win game after a couple of months of dire performances especially that embarrassing Crewe debacle!! Lose on Saturday then things will get very worrying.

I am a seasoned fan OS but I have absolutely no idea what will be for the best for our future, I do remember being upset when John McGrath got sacked after he revived our fortunes and got us promoted before an unknown and untried coach took over and give us our best ever era...

What I do know is that Saturday against Carlisle is a must win game after a couple of months of dire performances especially that embarrassing Crewe debacle!! Lose on Saturday then things will get very worrying.

Agree Tosh, Saturday is a must win :yes:

Totally agree on all of your points Tosh. Like you I loved John Mc. To be blunt I think the directors did what they always seem to do at the Vale by passing the job to the manager's assistant (because it saves any other pay offs)and the Vale dropped on lucky with regard to JR.

......... To be blunt I think the directors did what they always seem to do at the Vale by passing the job to the manager's assistant (because it saves any other pay offs)and the Vale dropped on lucky with regard to JR.

Or - the directors KNEW who the driving force was behind the promotion and who was the PR razzle dazzle man.

Similar situation at Leeds a few years ago - A little cockney git as the manager and his aid ..... a Mr Gus Poyet. What happened to the little cockney git ? Where is he managing now ? He was found to be wanting. Or should there be a K in that .

And Mr Poyet - not doing too bad is he.

Rampant.

At this time last season what was your 12 month forecast - good cup run, 10th in League and go 7th with winning game in hand?

no that would have been optimistic.

C'mon there's no genuine reason whatsoever to see us as relegation fodder next season.

there's nowt wrong with a bit of razzle dazzle pensioner as long as its done within budget.

i would love to have someone working with Norman whose life glass was permanently half full. that was the beauty of Wildes but he, apparently, didn't understand the balancing the books bit.

there's nowt wrong with a bit of razzle dazzle pensioner as long as its done within budget.

i would love to have someone working with Norman whose life glass was permanently half full. that was the beauty of Wildes but he, apparently, didn't understand the balancing the books bit.

Dont get me wrong - I loved McGrath, But it was plain to see that his behind the scene man was the better footballing coach and that John M was the best form of advertising Vale could afford at the time. Lots of people at the Vale knew that rudgie was the one to keep if things didnt keep on going up and when the bubble burst it was Rudgie that stayed. In football, its not always the well paid manager who is the driving force of the coaching staff. Sometimes the manager is the one who does all the spin and lets his chaps get on with it in the background.

Dont get me wrong - I loved McGrath, But it was plain to see that his behind the scene man was the better footballing coach and that John M was the best form of advertising Vale could afford at the time. Lots of people at the Vale knew that rudgie was the one to keep if things didnt keep on going up and when the bubble burst it was Rudgie that stayed. In football, its not always the well paid manager who is the driving force of the coaching staff. Sometimes the manager is the one who does all the spin and lets his chaps get on with it in the background.

Best example of the value of hindsight I've seen in a long time!

Archived