onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A year ago

A year ago we were probbably just as woeful. Some say mickeys pre season just lets the team run out of batteries in feb/march. Personally just hope we can scrape a 0-3 loss against wolves on Saturday.

More worrying times are ahead manager no contract smurf was ill advised thought he could make money from football investment( says it all about how clued up on business he is)

Smurf got some adoration in the midst of our very very lucky promotion

Smurf backs away from Adams the club states that despite mickey getting the team near to play off contention he does not want it because he can not afford it.

At this point you remember the last lot brigade start to type. We would not have a club to support bla blah blah.

The smurf invested through being ill advised by wildes he has not brought in help he continues to flounder.....

How many of you still believe??!?

Advert

A year ago we were probbably just as woeful. Some say mickeys pre season just lets the team run out of batteries in feb/march. Personally just hope we can scrape a 0-3 loss against wolves on Saturday.

More worrying times are ahead manager no contract smurf was ill advised thought he could make money from football investment( says it all about how clued up on business he is)

Smurf backs away from Adams the club states that despite mickey getting the team near to play off contention he does not want it because he can not afford it.

At this point you remember the last lot brigade start to type. We would not have a club to support bla blah blah.

The smurf invested through being ill advised by wildes he has not brought in help he continues to flounder.....

I never believed we had a play-off team, an above half way team yes. A PO team needs at least 5/6 Championship players, just because Norman was unwilling to strengthen the team to that extent did not concern me. It took JR 3 years to build a PO team when we came up from the 4th Div, so I am used to being patient. (Nightmares like Saturday do question my thoughts though). If you want to make a small fortune out of football, start with a big one.

Ending up in the automatic places after 46 games wasn't lucky.

Norman has been honest enough to admit he made mistakes and undoubtedly the job is bigger than he thought.

Is he perfect ? No, but his cash saved us and you can't dispute that.

The picture on the field isn't as rosy as it was before Christmas, but it's not (yet) that bad either.

I've written off this season, and will be interested to see how we stand in pre-season and 2014/15.

A year ago, we hadn't beaten Burton 7-1, had just lost at home to Morecambe, still hadn't won in Walsall for 60 odd years, still had Darren Purse playing for us instead of Carl Dickinson.

Fast forward a year, and we're 10th in League 1 and off to Wolves on Saturday. As smithie says, things aren't as good as they were before Christmas, but are still better than any point in the 10 years prior to that. Up the Vale!

Touch of realism does all of us good!

Smithie is correct. We are ok this season come what may between now and the final game and now have to look forward. Time to really worry is if/when manager and/or best players decide their futures are away from Vale. Questions will quite rightly then be asked as to what squad we assemble for next season and under whose control? A whole new ball game of in- fighting/speculation/assumptions and utter nonsense will fill this site!:yes: For the time being enjoy the ride in Division 1, it's what we all prayed for not so long ago.

Promotion is never lucky

He's a multi-millionaire..probably a better indication of his business acumen

Promotion nis never lucky..it is always hard-earned

One year ago I'd have taken where we are now

He's made a lot of great progress but have thought for some time that he needs some mgmt help

I believe he's done great things for the club and continues to keep us going and that when he does look for a way out he'll want to leave a positive legacy

Promotion is never lucky

He's a multi-millionaire..probably a better indication of his business acumen

Promotion nis never lucky..it is always hard-earned

One year ago I'd have taken where we are now

He's made a lot of great progress but have thought for some time that he needs some mgmt help

I believe he's done great things for the club and continues to keep us going and that when he does look for a way out he'll want to leave a positive legacy

I can't believe you bothered with that JA. WSAWKWA is a constant WUM who never offers any sort of insightful, structured argument but instead offers only hatchet jobs aimed at the club that wreak of bitterness and a hidden agenda

The team looks flat and leggy. We did at pretty much the same point last year. Is it fatigue? Have the players hit 'the wall'? Is the training regime too much? Is Micky Adams running the players into the ground? Does the state of the pitch take it out of the players' legs?

I think it's important for the coaching staff to study it seriously and try to find any common factors. We still need probably three more wins to be mathematically safe.

Last year, after beating strugglers Accrington and Wimbledon at home at the start of Feb, went on to win only four more matches between then and the end of the season. For a team that won automatic promotion we didn't half stagger over the line. We can't really afford to gamble with getting sucked into a relegation battle this time round.

Barnet A - Drew

Morecambe H - Lost

Torquay A - Won

Exeter H - Lost

Oxford A - Lost

Bradford H - Drew

Southend H - Lost

Bristol Rov A - Lost

York A - Won

Cheltenham H - Won

Chesterfield A - Drew

Burton H - Won