onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The future

stupers

whilst the original post is a good well thought out piece I feel we are as a group of fans very very naive in terms of who and what we are. Moving forward we should always be striving for improvement however we have to take a step back and look at who and what we realistically are currently before our ideas of grandure over take us.

Adams- Probably one of the most respected managers outside the championship and someone who has pulling power when he has wage budget available in the likes of Dickinson and Lines who turned down offers at bigger clubs to work with Adams. Whilst he is isnt the most adventurous tactically he is also very aware of what he has in the squad. Love it or hate it technically our side is devoid of ability/quality on the ball (bar Lines) due mostly to budget restrictions, those players who have that cost serious money and are very sought after. What that means is there are only so many ways you can play and so many changes you can make to change a game. With what we have in terms of styles we can either be solid or we can attack with pace, thats pretty much it. In terms of players that have come in and moaning about Griff, Robertson and Mohammed firstly Griff for me is a no brainer some games we will need someone to break up the play and some games we wont, every team has a player like this and needs one. Robertson came with a pedigree and agsinst we had competition to sign an experienced commanding centre half. Mohammed again was the ready made replacement for Vincent, lightening pace (fitting in with our style) and worries defenders. Unfortunately Mohammed I think thought he'd made it moving to league 1 and took his foot off hence the shipping out on loan to get fit. In hindsight not great signings but you can see the logic in each one.

The club- we are still emerging from the dark ages and whilst some fans still moan about stock in the shop, shirt quality etc ... we are a million miles ahead of where we were 2 years ago but still a million miles from where we should be. However Rome wasnt built in a day and we have a lot of catching up to do, at the end of the day 10 years of neglect on the commercial side of the business can't be put right in 12-18months.

The chairman- genuinely wants to do the right thing and get vale to where they should be in the lower half of the championship. however realistically has spent a lot and hasnt got bottomless pockets. Hes a little naive with his way of communicating or has been but hes never run a business where he is solely responsible for it and has such a focused eye from its customers

The summary from me- I think most fans need to take stock of what and where we are. 9th in League 1 is great really with the resources some clubs have available to them. In terms of adams be careful what you wish for, if he was to leave, i very much doubt we could get a replacement with his experience who can get a team of technically good players with the budget we have. Smurf again wants success but he hasnt got endless resources, cut him some slack and im sure he will bring in people with him long term who will bring success. As a club it will take a long time to get the commercial side back to what it should be, we have to do our bit and do our best to spend money with them however we are debt free.

If we moan about our situation im sure these clubs would swop- Sheff Utd, Tranmere, Bristol City, Oldham, Notts County who are struggling to get to grips with the league, struggling with finances and lack stability. I'm also sure Yeovil and Millwall in the championship would be very happy with someone like Adams to steady the ship having gone for countless new and untested managers and facing dropping into league one and suffering the same fate as the affore mentioned teams.

Advert

The next phase of our Club's history is beginning.

No Adams, less cash and a rookie manager.

Fingers crossed that RP turns out be a gem.

Even a gem will need a pot to p**s in but I fear that with Smurf holding the purse strings he will need to go behind a hedge and he won't find many young stars there will he?

Brilliant original post. For me Adams does annoy the hell out of me with team selection and tactics, but he's done an excellent job and is key to us. If love him to take more interest in youth and maybe that will happen with budget cuts next season but the facts are he did get us promoted and has guided us to a steady first season back in league 1. Another 2 year deal IF the price is right.

Applause for the opening shot Stupers.

Pre-Adams: chaos on and off the field. Half a good season under Foyle and a flash of "this could become interesting" under Sinnott. Relegation and rubbish.

Under Adams: a team which wants to play for the club and importantly him. This should not be underestimated in its importance. When he came back after the Blades the first season you could see the players didn't quite trust him. Season after with promotion they were all over it. He's given the players a direction and a welcome lift to the club. Some of the performances have been the stuff of dreams.

Cons: Yep his team selections and tactics have been off the mark now and again but he's still done more in the last few years than anyone since the LDV win.

Looking for change is natural but could anyone do any better? Could Vale attract a manager who has achieved promotion to the top flight twice?

It's a helluva risk to change a manager given those credentials and go with somebody untried.

The next phase of our Club's history is beginning.

No Adams, less cash and a rookie manager.

Fingers crossed that RP turns out be a gem.

That could all change though should Smurf come to sell the club,although if he sold it in the summer(if someone was interested of course,who is Paladini bidding for at the moment) then I guess that would be too late to keep the manager etc.

whilst the original post is a good well thought out piece I feel we are as a group of fans very very naive in terms of who and what we are. Moving forward we should always be striving for improvement however we have to take a step back and look at who and what we realistically are currently before our ideas of grandure over take us.

Adams- Probably one of the most respected managers outside the championship and someone who has pulling power when he has wage budget available in the likes of Dickinson and Lines who turned down offers at bigger clubs to work with Adams. Whilst he is isnt the most adventurous tactically he is also very aware of what he has in the squad. Love it or hate it technically our side is devoid of ability/quality on the ball (bar Lines) due mostly to budget restrictions, those players who have that cost serious money and are very sought after. What that means is there are only so many ways you can play and so many changes you can make to change a game. With what we have in terms of styles we can either be solid or we can attack with pace, thats pretty much it. In terms of players that have come in and moaning about Griff, Robertson and Mohammed firstly Griff for me is a no brainer some games we will need someone to break up the play and some games we wont, every team has a player like this and needs one. Robertson came with a pedigree and agsinst we had competition to sign an experienced commanding centre half. Mohammed again was the ready made replacement for Vincent, lightening pace (fitting in with our style) and worries defenders. Unfortunately Mohammed I think thought he'd made it moving to league 1 and took his foot off hence the shipping out on loan to get fit. In hindsight not great signings but you can see the logic in each one.

The club- we are still emerging from the dark ages and whilst some fans still moan about stock in the shop, shirt quality etc ... we are a million miles ahead of where we were 2 years ago but still a million miles from where we should be. However Rome wasnt built in a day and we have a lot of catching up to do, at the end of the day 10 years of neglect on the commercial side of the business can't be put right in 12-18months.

The chairman- genuinely wants to do the right thing and get vale to where they should be in the lower half of the championship. however realistically has spent a lot and hasnt got bottomless pockets. Hes a little naive with his way of communicating or has been but hes never run a business where he is solely responsible for it and has such a focused eye from its customers

The summary from me- I think most fans need to take stock of what and where we are. 9th in League 1 is great really with the resources some clubs have available to them. In terms of adams be careful what you wish for, if he was to leave, i very much doubt we could get a replacement with his experience who can get a team of technically good players with the budget we have. Smurf again wants success but he hasnt got endless resources, cut him some slack and im sure he will bring in people with him long term who will bring success. As a club it will take a long time to get the commercial side back to what it should be, we have to do our bit and do our best to spend money with them however we are debt free.

If we moan about our situation im sure these clubs would swop- Sheff Utd, Tranmere, Bristol City, Oldham, Notts County who are struggling to get to grips with the league, struggling with finances and lack stability. I'm also sure Yeovil and Millwall in the championship would be very happy with someone like Adams to steady the ship having gone for countless new and untested managers and facing dropping into league one and suffering the same fate as the affore mentioned teams.

Archived