onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lee Blakeman

RayWalkers40yarder

Blakeman and Cullerton work well for me, last night when Lee saw Adams having to be restrained by the 4th official,and shouting at the away end, he said "don,t know what all that was about Mick, I will ask him at the after match interview". Mick said " I,ll ring your mum", classic...

Advert

Blakeman does very well except for misuse of the word momentarily.

He has a lot of enthusiasm and it's 100 times better than Nigel 'Nige' Johnson who has been boring the **** out of people for decades

What I hate is his thinking on behalf of players and officials, he can't do that (if he can he's in the wrong career) and should therefore stick to commentating on the facts and the story of the game.

Idiot for me, sooner they get someone half decent the better, can't think Radio Stoke have had a decent presenter since the days of Ivan Gaskill.

His commentary is generally very poor, I think he forgets we can't see the game, you have no idea where the ball is until its an effort on goal when even the slightest of chances sounds like an open goal, can't miss, tap-in chance.

I'm not sure who he supports but he definitely isn't Vale biased, often bigging up the opposition

I like both Lee and Mick, they're a good combination. Or those criticising, try talking non-stop for ninety minutes without uming and aahing, and keeping the flow of your words going. It's not easy.

Do either of them really care what the naysayers think in any event; they're being paid to watch the vale home and away.

The guy is a Vale fan, I'm almost 99% sure. I've heard him go mental when Vale have scored plenty of times. We took 132 fans so it's pretty hard to be loud when there is no noise when we score. If you get my drift. He's a good guy. Better than Nobby Johnson and that goon Sandos.

right just finished listening to the vale commentary ( well done boys bring on brighton ).

and yet again we have to listen to Blakemans poor commentary. all I heard during that game was a stoke fan going mental everytime Plymouth scored then listen to him put on an almost "depressed" voice when vale scored...most notably on the hugill goal. why does he bother? does his commentary matter? I was absolutely fuming yet again its almost like hes trying to get his own back because he cant commentate on the club he supports.

******!

I do have to say as was doing something else,when he got excited I thought it was Vale scoring when it was Plymouth(every attack they had he got very loud) and as you say I didn't even know if Vale had scored with the tone of his voice

I do have to say as was doing something else,when he got excited I thought it was Vale scoring when it was Plymouth(every attack they had he got very loud) and as you say I didn't even know if Vale had scored with the tone of his voice

Have you ever thought that he may have been raising his voice to compensate for the extra noise from the home fans when Plymouth attacked?

I like Lee Blakeman's commentaries and Mick Cullerton does a first rate job. I also like Phil Bowers as well. I'm thankful we get such good coverage (despite the inefficiency of Valiant World) as it is way better than following the Vale online by any other means.

But now I'm looking forward to cheering the lads on at vale Park on January 25th. May be driving straight from Heathrow but I intend to be there.

Up the Vale!

I think Lee and Mick make a good team and think Mick always talks sense. Don't know who Lee supports no real issues with him but very glad Phil Bowers back as its good to have a Vale fan commentating on the vale and has a good sense of humour. In fairness you will probably find that Sjoke and Crewho fans like Nige and Graham commentating on their matches because the fact they support the team they comment on shows through. See Phil Bowers.

I think Lee & Mick are a good combination but Lee Blakeman as got to learn that every shot or header towards goal wont go in

on most of his commentarys he gives the impression a goal bound shot is going to hit the roof of the net when in fact the ball is most probably going over the stand and roll down hamil road . keep up the good work but dunna get me to excited for nothing lee

as for mick cullerton he comes out with some cracking sayings one i remember vale are playing that bad in the first half if they were playing in my back garden i wouldn't watch them i would drawer the curtains its a cracker keepem up mick

Archived