F A Cup 4th Round Draw

Johnny Woodward

Advert

The FA prize fund is as follows:

1st Round winners : 18,000 pounds

2nd Round winners: 27,000

3rd Round " : 67,500

4th Round " : 90,000

Sort it out MA and let's get that money in the bank.

It's fine - the first half today was just checking we can beat them, then the 2nd half was to get the replay and a share of the 8000 or so gate at Plymouth, have to turn it on a bit there but easy after winning at Walsall and Crewe. Then see off Brighton. All part of the master plan.

It's fine - the first half today was just checking we can beat them, then the 2nd half was to get the replay and a share of the 8000 or so gate at Plymouth, have to turn it on a bit there but easy after winning at Walsall and Crewe. Then see off Brighton. All part of the master plan.

That's more like it. Come on the Vale.

Feel some Valiants need a reality check!!

Yesterday we were absolutely dire, in nearly every position. From the kick off we were simply not interested or looking as though they were taking it seriously. All the pre-match hype about not taking the opposition lightly etc, etc was balderdash.

They were up for it, our lot were not. Simple as that.

2-0 at half time was not a fair reflection on play and as soon as the 2nd half got under way, Vale, again were not in it or looking sharp at all.

Let's be frank and honest. Our midfield and defence yesterday were absolutely pathetic. We seem to have forgotten how to defend or at least tackle as a unit at the back. Neal saved us from a very embarrassing defeat, although he was not at his best at times either. But playing behind our back 4 must be frightening.

As for the totally non existent midfield, what do you say? Dodds AGAIN proved he is Mr Invisible and it's totally beyond me how he even makes the squad?? His contribution throughout a season is growing less and less to the extent now I honestly believe he is a liability. Loft was massively out of sorts and who can blame him trying to do all 3 jobs in midfield to compensate for them around him? Grif.....at times yes he gets stuck in but if he tries to go forward or even pass the ball he usually finds an opponent rather than a colleague!

I am Vale, through and through and detest having to be pessimistic, especially after such a fantastic time this past 18 months or so. However I now find that in analysing Vale we are sadly very short of any guile, brain power or leadership all across the park. OK, to them that say look where we are in the League, I counter that by admitting regretfully that we are in a flattering position. After the dross served up yesterday I am more than ever convinced we are showing signs of cracking. Even the players are starting to have a go at each other during the games. Mickey's gee ups are not getting through to most of the squad and we seriously need a kick up the back passage to retain the support we have tried to build up.

As a die hard fan my patience is wearing thin and it seems we are now at a stage where we are struggling to attract the stay aways other than for so called big opposition games. I fear for our future if the present squad continue to put in unacceptable performances. It simply aint good enough to play out of their skins every now and then and suddenly relapse into less than mediocrity.

I hope I'm wrong and we somehow win the replay and get going again but with end of season contracts up for most of our "better" players and the Manager I sense at the moment there is too much uncertainty in the whole camp and it's rubbing off on us true, long standing fans.

Come on Vale show some spirit and get back the feel good factor by at least putting some effort in , please.

Archived