onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stand up if you love the Vale....

cheeky

Instead of the expense of renovating the Bycars, why not introduce terracing in the unfinished LS?

There are even seats that can be folded into terracing barriers. Seating for regulated games like a big cup game, standing for everything else.

The gradient is apparently wrong in the Lorne Street and would cost a lot to make it suitable for standing. Rip our the seats in the Bycars and use them to finish the Lorne Street.

Any standing area really should be behind the goal. It will be our version of Dortmunds 'yellow wall'. Might struggle to get 25,000 in there through! Maybe 2500.

Advert

Instead of the expense of renovating the Bycars, why not introduce terracing in the unfinished LS?

There are even seats that can be folded into terracing barriers. Seating for regulated games like a big cup game, standing for everything else.

I assume you are talking about the Dortmund style standing/seats which look far more substantial, and costlier, than our plastic seats. I have not seen the detailed proposals, is it conversion back to terracing with barriers which would increase the ground capacity, or "Dortmund" style which would be more expensive and retain the same capacity.

The gradient is apparently wrong in the Lorne Street and would cost a lot to make it suitable for standing. Rip our the seats in the Bycars and use them to finish the Lorne Street.

Any standing area really should be behind the goal. It will be our version of Dortmunds 'yellow wall'. Might struggle to get 25,000 in there through! Maybe 2500.

The "gradient" reason was given by Glenn Oliver, so I wouldn't give it too much credibility.

I assume you are talking about the Dortmund style standing/seats which look far more substantial, and costlier, than our plastic seats. I have not seen the detailed proposals, is it conversion back to terracing with barriers which would increase the ground capacity, or "Dortmund" style which would be more expensive and retain the same capacity.

Seats take up two rows: one for seat and 1 for feet. I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that those seats, when in the up position, allowed two rows for standing, ie doubling capacity.

Seats take up two rows: one for seat and 1 for feet. I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that those seats, when in the up position, allowed two rows for standing, ie doubling capacity.
Quite right, but the capacity is reduced in Germany to make it safer according to "Safe standing"

Rail seats on the Yellow WallAs with rail seats throughout Germany, there is a rail every two rows, eliminating the threat of crowd surges, and Jens was able to confirm that no supporter had ever suffered an injury here since the rail seats were installed in 1999. The ratio between seats and fans is approx 1:1.7, meaning that even when the Yellow Wall is full, there’s no threat of overcrowding. This type of accommodation is not only safe, but also welcoming and hospitable for all supporters. By our estimates, around 30% of supporters in our area were women, and many children were also present with their parents. A supporter in front of us explained that he’d been standing behind the goal in this area since he was 6.

A useful system for Championship clubs likely to play in the Prem, but maybe too expensive for L1 and L2, who knows the costs? Maybe only install the seats in the 3rd year if promoted to the Championship. Clubs like ourselves could adopt the same reasoning when taking seats out?

TBF I alaso take up 2 places when standing I take up 4 places when sitting as I like my 'personal space':D

I have no problem with converting the Bycars to standing, it's certainly underutilised as it is but in order to get some of the others in there who would consider standing you'd need to get a bar in there so that they could get a HT drink.

Not sure that people like Jeff Kent'd be so happy about it though.

Quite right, but the capacity is reduced in Germany to make it safer according to "Safe standing"

Rail seats on the Yellow WallAs with rail seats throughout Germany, there is a rail every two rows, eliminating the threat of crowd surges, and Jens was able to confirm that no supporter had ever suffered an injury here since the rail seats were installed in 1999. The ratio between seats and fans is approx 1:1.7, meaning that even when the Yellow Wall is full, there’s no threat of overcrowding. This type of accommodation is not only safe, but also welcoming and hospitable for all supporters. By our estimates, around 30% of supporters in our area were women, and many children were also present with their parents. A supporter in front of us explained that he’d been standing behind the goal in this area since he was 6.

Some of the terraces in Germany are horrendous the Sud Curve at the Millentor for example is packed and it takes you ages to find a decent spot to actually get to see the game. I went to a game last season I think Vs Oberhausen and it finished 5-3, I think that I saw 2 of the 8 goals. Almost as bad as Stockport away in our promotion season in the 80's:D

What about the fans who like the seated bycars, I don't sit in there but I know a lot who do and would not like to stand. Why not just make the unfinished Lorne street standing.
No reason why Bycars cannot be seats at the back, with standing at the front.

Some of the terraces in Germany are horrendous the Sud Curve at the Millentor for example is packed and it takes you ages to find a decent spot to actually get to see the game. I went to a game last season I think Vs Oberhausen and it finished 5-3, I think that I saw 2 of the 8 goals. Almost as bad as Stockport away in our promotion season in the 80's:D
Standing is not perfect by any means, over crowding was always a problem, I remember some terrible views at Everton and OT for big non ticket top tier games.

I think our ground size+average crowd= Flexibility in approach to seating and standing. It's unlikely that any would be truly disadvantaged if the front of the Bycars (except those who would make it a matter of principal) was made terrace, German style. Personally I think it's a great idea and also love the atmosphere it helps to create at German grounds (St Pauli especially). However, if it was a toss up between terracing and new players.....

Archived