onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stand up if you love the Vale....

cheeky

I've had some good experiences in standing areas but also some scary and, looking back, potentially very dangerous ones. I remember one particular first division game against Everton where the overcrowding was so bad it was truly frightening. So I'd like to know more about the safety rules and the cost of making it safe. With our finances though, I guess it's a non-starter. To be honest, I'd rather spend money on players or improving the club's ability to generate extra income for the long term.

Advert

Presumably standing would be cheaper, so I don't see how the bycars half seated, half standing would work.

Some people would pay to stand, then sit down, it has to be all one or the other.

Personally i'm all for standing much better atmosphere and much easier to do knees up mother brown.:D

No. No. No no.....

I've sat in there for many years now.

Most Bycars exiles moved away somewhere around the time of the Bycars membership scheme when the stand was being redeveloped. Despite the stadium becoming all seater it never occurred to them to return there, so why are people now saying they will come back if they can stand? Clearly it's not their first choice vantage point for home games.

Why not try this in the railway paddock as it seems many people stand for the duration of the game anyway, plus it offers the opportunity to stand or sit on the same side of the ground. The Bycars is the only option to watch the game from behind the goal while remaining seated, unlike the sides of the ground.

Cost would probably be prohibitive but in essence I would think it would be ideal for the future.

Perhaps seating at the back with a standing section at the front, with the discarded seats being used to populate the Lorne St. Hamill.

Pretty much what I was about to suggest.

No. No. No no.....

I've sat in there for many years now.

Most Bycars exiles moved away somewhere around the time of the Bycars membership scheme when the stand was being redeveloped. Despite the stadium becoming all seater it never occurred to them to return there, so why are people now saying they will come back if they can stand? Clearly it's not their first choice vantage point for home games.

Why not try this in the railway paddock as it seems many people stand for the duration of the game anyway, plus it offers the opportunity to stand or sit on the same side of the ground. The Bycars is the only option to watch the game from behind the goal while remaining seated, unlike the sides of the ground.

Totally agree the police would never back it as folk are more prone to misbehaving when standing up.

Would love to stand on the railway again. It was the best atmosphere ever at vale the bycars has never generated much atmosphere standing or seated in my 40 years at vale.

Totally agree the police would never back it as folk are more prone to misbehaving when standing up.

Would love to stand on the railway again. It was the best atmosphere ever at vale the bycars has never generated much atmosphere standing or seated in my 40 years at vale.

Bycars never generated much atmosphere?

You're having a giraffe.

Personally, I have no desire to stand ever again to watch the Vale, but the problem is this. When terracing was changed to seating the concrete had to be ripped out as you cannot fit seats on terracing designed for standing. I am not sure if the reverse is true, in other words, if it is safe to stand on the steps designed for seats. The drop might be too much, perhaps?

If it's just a case of taking out seats, that is not a big cost. But if the concrete needed ripping up again, it would not be financially viable.

Either way, it will neither attract bigger crowds nor generate more revenue for the club.

I disagree, standing in the bycars created a brilliant atmosphere as many teams fans also went in there, with varying results:D

I've been using the Bycars since the early 80s and the best atmosphere in that stand was sitting down last season against Burton.

Standing will not guarantee bigger noisier crowds, it's success and entertainment on the pitch that creates excitement and atmosphere - fact.

A lot of fans enjoy sitting in the Bycars and would be alienated if forced to move to Lorne St or Railway and may not bother going at all.

I'd rather spend the money on keeping Adams, Lines and Loft.

A big YES to a standing area.

Bycars for starters, but the Railway paddock was where I liked standing, and would be the best standing area - but I wouldn't moan about which area as long as there is some standing. It could be the start of a great Bycars End revival, make it £15 a game as well for a couple of games to kick-start it.

Potentially great news.

Archived