onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

MK Dons 3 Port Vale 0 - Post Match Discussion

Caz or caz123

Totally played off the park first half, MKD made it look easy with their quality passing.

Better second half, but never really looked like scoring.

Best ground I've ever been on, including several prem grounds.

Spot On !MKD took the foot off the gas in the second half, as we were never capable of scoring 3 goals, today.Some players need to have a close look at the dvd of today's game as they were shocking.We could easily have lost by 7 today!!Anyway lets dust ourselves down and start again on Boxing Day.:yes:

Advert

We might be looking for replacements for Adams, Lines and Neal.

I think MK deserve more credit than some on here have given them. They were very well organised, played some efficient football and had clearly done their homework on our weaknesses. Awesome stadium that wouldn't be out of place in the PL.

On the World Cup short list, whenever that happens.

That was an atrocious performance, it was worse than Colchester earlier on in the season which I had the misfortune of paying money for and today I was conned again. MK Dons are not that special, but we made them look good because there was no attempt at tackling for most of the first half. We looked slow, disinterested and unfit.

Richard Duffy in particular was a disgrace and he gave the impression that he was playing drunk given that he needed 4 touches to even control the simplest pass. Lost the ball numerous times, slowed down our own build-up play and basically let players wander past him. It should not be acceptable and I cannot think why Griff ever gets stick because this was way below anything he has ever done in a Vale shirt.

Myrie Williams played well and I thought Tomlin looked good too, who really thought for the ball. Chris Shuker looked dangerous when we finally came up with something in the final few minutes. Birchall looked fat, slow and delivered nothing.

Defensively it has gone all to pot. The only player who defended appropriately was Dicko, the rest didn't seem to have a clue.

Match-day experience was pretty good though as their ground really is superb, but 30,000 seats will never be filled at a club with no history. I tend to think it would be great for us....even the seats are in Vale colours. The fact we nearly brought 700 fans today is a great credit to us, an amazing figure given we have 2 crimbo fixtures coming up and it is quite a long journey. Shame the players didn't bring themselves.

Population of 250k and growing, another generation who prefer local football to travelling into London, no reason why they could not get upto 20k in the Championship within 10 years. Who would have believed that Wimbledon and Wigan would have won the FA Cup when they were non-league? People are more than happy to watch history being made, it does not win games, money does.

I think MK deserve more credit than some on here have given them. They were very well organised, played some efficient football and had clearly done their homework on our weaknesses. Awesome stadium that wouldn't be out of place in the PL.

So why were they below us in the league?

Plymouths stadium and fan base is way bigger the our but does that make them favourites in the cup? We bottled it today no excuses purely and simpley not one player gave 100%

Franchise fc and there stadium certainly belong nowhere near the PL they don't even deserve the right to play league football!!!

Less points, one game less played. Check them out at the end of Jan.

Missed the point, lots of people on herr talking like we were the underdogs. Why? Yes bigger picture as a club we have come a long way but a little constuctive is in order for days like today. Lets not forget we have a medioca manager whos gone on record for criticising fans and the chairman for lack of ambition. Bigger picture is one thing but unfortunately today he got it wrong and let us down

WE were awful first half,Robertson was bad,Chilvers even worse,he is next to useless at defending,Myrie -Williams had one of his couldn't care less games,Tomlin never got going,Johnson in goal is a big weakness,he doesn't command his area at all,just look at their third goal to see what I mean and he was a bag of nerves,an emergency signing of a goalkeeper please.

WE were awful first half,Robertson was bad,Chilvers even worse,he is next to useless at defending,Myrie -Williams had one of his couldn't care less games,Tomlin never got going,Johnson in goal is a big weakness,he doesn't command his area at all,just look at their third goal to see what I mean and he was a bag of nerves,an emergency signing of a goalkeeper please.

If the people in front of him were as bad as people have said Im not surprised he was a bag of nerves... according to the BBC he made quite a few saves.

Archived