onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale Shareholders Poll

Badgerspaws

Advert

Being as the vote is basically about the board.Then is there any way it can be done without out board members voting ?

After all they would be voting for themselves.How can that be,how can you vote for yourself ?

It's 7 votes out of 900+. Not statistically significant I would have thought??

Good call Jean.

The board indeed have been sent a consultation letter too. As shareholders and fans they too have the right to cast a vote. 7 out 800 is not too significant as you say.

Although, I must admit there was a naughty side of me that felt like holding back their letters, after all it is a difficult and complicated business to send out a survey and letters to the board might take 3-4 months to be delivered...:D.

Then I thought I ought to be more professional....:yes:

Im not a shareholder myself. But just wondering has this come from the club? Or just someone trying guage opinion?

I have received one of these "questionares" so have Googled the address and its an ordinary house in an ordinary street, as expected, so it aint from the Club imho.

Some questions spring to mind - how has this person living in orpington got all the shareholders contact details and indeed is asking for more in the document like email address - how many of the shareholders out there are comfortable with this private address having there contact data and asking for more - not to mention contravening the data protection act. They also request you to disclose how many shares you own.

I wonder if the owner of that address will be getting a visit from the boys in blue soon.:shifty:

I have filed mine with the Nigerian emails saying you have won the lottery please provide bank details so we can pay you your winnings.:rolleyes:

I have received one of these "questionares" so have Googled the address and its an ordinary house in an ordinary street, as expected, so it aint from the Club imho.

Some questions spring to mind - how has this person living in orpington got all the shareholders contact details and indeed is asking for more in the document like email address - how many of the shareholders out there are comfortable with this private address having there contact data and asking for more - not to mention contravening the data protection act. They also request you to disclose how many shares you own.

I wonder if the owner of that address will be getting a visit from the boys in blue soon.:shifty:

I have filed mine with the Nigerian emails saying you have won the lottery please provide bank details so we can pay you your winnings.:rolleyes:

Its from the North London Valiants group which yuo would have seen if you had read the whole thread, nothing to do with the board. The contact details can be obtained from Companies house as a list of shareholsders, all in the public domain so quite how is anyone breaking any laws and just what would the boys in blue charge them with, writing letters? The number of shares each person owns can also be obtained from companies house, again in the public domain.

That's OK. You wouldn't be able to vote anyway because you're in prison. :razz:

Its from the North London Valiants group which yuo would have seen if you had read the whole thread, nothing to do with the board. The contact details can be obtained from Companies house as a list of shareholsders, all in the public domain so quite how is anyone breaking any laws and just what would the boys in blue charge them with, writing letters? The number of shares each person owns can also be obtained from companies house, again in the public domain.

Try looking at the harrassment law uk 1997 - My shareholding is a PRIVATE transaction between me and the Club and as such I expect it to remain confidential - not expose me to unrequested, unwanted postal harrassment.

Thers a Guy called john hills currently "banged up" in jail in london for doing exactly what you noted above "writing letters".

FBS

Thank you for your comments. If I may respond;

For your information:

Address: The correspondence clearly states that the consultation is from North London Valiants. We could have paid for a PO Box address, but would that have made any difference? The consultation is a Port Vale supporter led initiative and is there to try and help inform the current debate on how the club is being run. (BTW it's not my car on the drive if you looked via streetview on google, can't afford anything so posh).

Data Protection: The names address and number of shares held are all in the public domain so there is no issue there. Anyone can get hold of them from Companies House, it was submitted by Port Vale (Valiant 2001) Football Club, reference 4669703/09/28. I work with the boys in blue so, if you let me know when they are coming around and I'll put the kettle on. If you email the address on the letter your details can be deleted.

Shares: It was important that people could vote and and for their vote to remain confidential. The unique code ensures this. The only reason for asking for how many shares people have is should they wish to help with the calling of an EGM. Unless people identify themselves no one will know how they voted. The publicly available share register details who owns shares and how many. So again, I don't see this as an issue.

Filed in the bin: That is your prerogative, but surely it is better to cast a vote and let your voice be heard on this issue.

Try looking at the harrassment law uk 1997 - My shareholding is a PRIVATE transaction between me and the Club and as such I expect it to remain confidential - not expose me to unrequested, unwanted postal harrassment.

Thers a Guy called john hills currently "banged up" in jail in london for doing exactly what you noted above "writing letters".

It can't remain confidential between you the club, they have to submit the details of all shareholders to Companies House. And Hill sent DVDs not letters.

Well, it's the Club who have released your details on to the register. Are you going to sue them?

FBS

I can assure you all information is available legally for anybody should they buy it from Companies House. The only piece of information on there that isn't in the public arena is an email address. This has been requested on the consultation, not compulsory but does offer us a cost effective communication option to shareholders. The key phrases on the consultation regarding your concerns are:

"All responses remain confidential unless you complete your name at the bottom, or you e-mail your response. Results will be based on individual shareholders not share allocation.

None of your personal details will be passed on or used by any third party."

We are not a commercial operation and this exercise is purely to ascertain an accurate opinion from shareholders. Should you feel otherwise don't vote or don't give an email address or name. Unique codes on every form ensure no duplication or fraudulent entries.

I will be able to soon Jacko when Batman and Robin (uk pm and his sidekick) get told by there bosses in germany to give me the right to vote.:razz:

I'm just astonished how cushy the prisons are these days that inmates are not only allowed to receive mail so punctually but can also access the internet at this hour of the evening. I'm voting for Stalin next time.

Archived