onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams to be offered deal

melv

And youll all soon be purchasing season tickets, the board will need start up Target 5000 again when they play their trump card of Super Micky

Tick Tock Lads ===:razz:

tick tock

gareth owen is leaving vale as a direct result of the boards actions

tick tock tick tock

Advert

The more I read the more dismayed I get....

"Hes the best manager we have had for years"... compared to what? Glover? Sinnott? Gannon? Micky Mouse? Donald Duck?... We haven't had a decent manager to make a comparison.

"He gave us a little pride".... is that the extent of our ambition? No achievement just a little pride in our failure.

"He got us to the top of the league"?.... did he? alone? or was it in part due to the fact that the teams around us didnt take the opportunity to bury us when they had the chance... isnt that part luck?

Do we really want him back because he "nearly" did something?

We can argue that his time at vale was the best the club had seen in years.... its true.... but that wasnt because he was so good its because the "other years" were so damn bad.

The board are putting obstacles in the way, everybody can see that, the thing that worries me is the spending on the staff, is Mo going to be even more horrified when the books are opened if MA does come back, to the point it won't even look like a viable business.

I honestly don't think that MA returning would affect SEO too much, because for the majority of us, there's no going back for the board. The board don't seem to realise that though do they?!

I'm with you on that mate. Getting the board out is my number 1 priority.

For me, yes I went MA back, however he is no longer the messiah in my eyes.

When he stuck up for the board last time, I have to say that I took note.

If he does come back then he needs to keep his opinions on B&G etc to himself as I don't think people will be quite as tolerant second time around

===

Guest Sandyfordvalefan

if the board employ Ma on a bumper contract and we still don't buy any ST's then thats great news for the SEO campaign. Hope they try finish thr Lorne street too at the same time.

Right, lets look at it properly instead of through the rose tinted specs...

This season, even during the first half we had many dire preformances. We cashed in all of our luck before Christmas. Other teams failed time and again to take advantage when we dropped points we should not have done. We suffered no injuries whilst Micky was still here (except Haldane). The players bottled being top twice and we only played decent football occasionally in small patches during generally poor games with the exception of a few.

We got off to a good start as we hit the ground as the fittest and most organised team, but teams had started to suss us out and we were struggling with a plan B.

Micky Adams did a great job compared to the previous V2001 appointments, but how good a job did he do if you take away that rediculously low benchmark?

Sam Morsely did not get a sniff under Adams, and he has proven to be a very good prospect. Despite having a hissy fit when Newton suggested revamoing the youth setup, Adams does not want to know about youth and at a club like Vale, we have got to start producing players who can step up. That wont happen under Micky. He may build a decent side of experienced journeymen who will do a job, but where is the future in that?

If Micky comes, the current board will survive. That means we will be stuck with a manager making the best of a **** budget, getting journeymen players to preform one last time for an immediate goal. This will continue until the day he decides to frig off again, and then we are thrown right back to where we are now, except with nobody waiting to bail us out...

Sure we may get a few good seasons, but Micky Adams will unwittingly spell the end of the clubs long term viability in my opinion.

Top post Tony , take note people , the short and long term future of our Club is currently hanging in the balance , there is a massive opportunity to rid ourselves of these devious parasites and give ourselves some hope for a brighter future.

Any potential return of Micky Adams is very short sighted and very short term as the existing problems will just continue . Talk of 3 year contracts is absolute nonsense , it just adds up to new Manager same old problems.

Dont lose the momentum ,hold firm , Port Vale Football Club is controlled by the wrong people to give us any future prospects , they've had their chance , messed it up , time for change.

I simply cannot get my head around this.

In the Sentinel on 30th April - just as the early bird season ticket deadline was drawing to a close - we were told that the Board had drawn up a three man short list and interviews would be conducted the following week. Adams was not on that list.

Now it appears that within 12 hours of Adams being sacked, the club are offering him the biggest deal in the history of the world to come and manage the club.

So what happened as a result of the interviews of the three man short list? Were they actually interviewed or was this a load of rubbish from the Board with no substance whatsoever - just the season ticket deadline looming large?

Why, having sacked Gannon in the middle of March are we here in the middle of May with the Board producing a knee-jerk reaction to another club's actions? What have the club actually been doing in the meantime with regard to seeking out and appointing a new manager.

And why, in the name of all that's holy, is Mr Bratt saying in the Sentinel this morning "There's no big rush to appoint a new manager at the moment"? Who exactly is planning for next season, Mr Bratt? Who is sorting the retained list? Who is talking to possible new players? And finally, why should I believe a word that comes out of the club on the managerial situation at the moment?

I simply cannot get my head around this.

In the Sentinel on 30th April - just as the early bird season ticket deadline was drawing to a close - we were told that the Board had drawn up a three man short list and interviews would be conducted the following week. Adams was not on that list.

Now it appears that within 12 hours of Adams being sacked, the club are offering him the biggest deal in the history of the world to come and manage the club.

So what happened as a result of the interviews of the three man short list? Were they actually interviewed or was this a load of rubbish from the Board with no substance whatsoever - just the season ticket deadline looming large?

Why, having sacked Gannon in the middle of March are we here in the middle of May with the Board producing a knee-jerk reaction to another club's actions? What have the club actually been doing in the meantime with regard to seeking out and appointing a new manager.

It was pretty obvious to all, god knows even BB, that there was a fairly high chance of MA getting the sack once relegation for SUFC was assured.

So why not interview to have a back-up in mind, but hold out to see if MA becomes available, given that you know he would be your first choice if so?

It was pretty obvious to all, god knows even BB, that there was a fairly high chance of MA getting the sack once relegation for SUFC was assured.

So why not interview to have a back-up in mind, but hold out to see if MA becomes available, given that you know he would be your first choice if so?

Except word on the street was that Adams wasn't going to be sacked. The SUFC fans were surprised when it happened.

its pretty obvious that the short list comment was made by bill to try and increase ST sales, I didnt for one minute believe there was a shortlist

Archived