onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams to be offered deal

melv

look lets at the scenario here if micky gets offered this contract and says yes it will be at his solicitors for a couple of weeks at least how long did it take for him to formally sign the contracts offered him before he is not stupid and knows all about what is going on at vale through grew and horse he will wait till after the egm before deciding anything if this board stays he might of already agreed to come if they go and i hope they do he will want to talk to the new chairman about budgets and such before signing anything lets give this guy the credit he deserves he is no fool he went too soon he knows he did wrong but the chance to manage your team is to big a lure come on i put my xbox on and have to be vale i just cant help myself you would all of done the same v2001 out first thensee what happens

Advert

Micky would be a good signing regardless of the EGM result.

There is nothing to be gained by delaying trying to get him in.

If the B&G have the votes to shift the board, they have the votes. Surely a B&G shareholder will not shift camps just because v2001 make a managerial appointment. Lets not underestimate peoples feeling against this current lot.

All Mo would need to do is come out and say, before the vote, "we will back MA with our (250k p.a) increase in budget over our 5 year plan. We see no need right now to replace the manager as MA has proved himself capable at this level".

If MA is failing by xmas, they can pull the trigger then.

Mo and his team have said previously they have their own managerial candidate lined up. You say there is nothing to be gained by delaying to try to get him in, however this assumes Mo and his team want Micky. Let's just remember here Micky Adams failed to get us into the play-offs in 2009/10 and failed to see the job through in 2010/11.

There are other good candidates out there, why ignore them and why deny Mo the chance to make a decision for himself (if/when in control) all for the sake of a managerial journeyman with a very patchy overall record.

I think the problem here is people are comparing Micky Adams to the rest of V2001's managerial disasters. Yes, in that context he did pretty well, but should we really judge the strength of managerial candidates against such a low benchmark?

I wouldn't want him back' the mans had the sack from four different clubs, all them clubs have progressed since he was sacked from, apart from Shefffield utd, he walked out on us when we needed him most, so what does that tell you about this man, we do not want him, let the new board decide on the appointment of a new manager, not these vile men that are running our club at the present time.

There are other good candidates out there, why ignore them and why deny Mo the chance to make a decision for himself (if/when in control) all for the sake of a managerial journeyman with a very patchy overall record.

Thats a bit harsh. I dare say we will be hard pressed to find a manager who can match his record from the first time around.

You don't know that. Peter Coats had years at Stoke yet in the end success has come. The same can be said for many clubs up and down the land.

New owners can not bring success either. Its more about having things right at the right time. If football was all about money then you would never have small teams making progress. Simply its about the players on the pitch and whatever people say, Micky created a positive VP and that helped.

Im sorry but until these drectors leave we will have no ambition, there is a person on the board who has coffers of upto 14 million quid, so why on earth can we not buy a player. These people are after all the perks and spotlight of being a director. Take your head out of the sand, we will not go anywhere under V2001. Micky Adams coming back will not make me go out and but a season ticket or even go to the games. Before you say it i've had a season ticket every year under v2001, i'm sick to the back teeth of their lies, investment coming in etc etc., and i am a fan, alls i want is a little ambition and a plan to go forward. Not a plan of hope like the current board.

they HOPE we sell season tickets, they HOPE we have good cup runs, they HOPE if the team does well the crowds will go up, they HOPE that if a good manager is in place seaon tickets willgo up, they HOPE that people who brought advertising boards and boxes will renew, they are not enough proactive in anything they do except try to discredit every potential investor, why?

Right, lets look at it properly instead of through the rose tinted specs...

This season, even during the first half we had many dire preformances. We cashed in all of our luck before Christmas. Other teams failed time and again to take advantage when we dropped points we should not have done. We suffered no injuries whilst Micky was still here (except Haldane). The players bottled being top twice and we only played decent football occasionally in small patches during generally poor games with the exception of a few.

We got off to a good start as we hit the ground as the fittest and most organised team, but teams had started to suss us out and we were struggling with a plan B.

Micky Adams did a great job compared to the previous V2001 appointments, but how good a job did he do if you take away that rediculously low benchmark?

Sam Morsely did not get a sniff under Adams, and he has proven to be a very good prospect. Despite having a hissy fit when Newton suggested revamoing the youth setup, Adams does not want to know about youth and at a club like Vale, we have got to start producing players who can step up. That wont happen under Micky. He may build a decent side of experienced journeymen who will do a job, but where is the future in that?

If Micky comes, the current board will survive. That means we will be stuck with a manager making the best of a **** budget, getting journeymen players to preform one last time for an immediate goal. This will continue until the day he decides to frig off again, and then we are thrown right back to where we are now, except with nobody waiting to bail us out...

Sure we may get a few good seasons, but Micky Adams will unwittingly spell the end of the clubs long term viability in my opinion.

Much as I would like it to succeed, the youth system is not giving value for money (money that we havent got). Morsey is nothing to shout about (at least not yet) and does not justify its existence.

This is going to seriously affect MO's and MARKS bid and am dreading the EGM,Just reading OVF shows that there is a good percentage of people on here would accept Adams no matter what,I think av read somewhere that Mo as already got someone in mind to be our manager and I don't think its ADAMS,I don't know what MARKS thinks about whats happening.Adams may I hope want a brake from football and spend some time with his family,we need ADAMS to make a statement now so we can see were we stand ....

Mo and his team have said previously they have their own managerial candidate lined up. You say there is nothing to be gained by delaying to try to get him in, however this assumes Mo and his team want Micky. Let's just remember here Micky Adams failed to get us into the play-offs in 2009/10 and failed to see the job through in 2010/11.

I think the problem here is people are comparing Micky Adams to the rest of V2001's managerial disasters. Yes, in that context he did pretty well, but should we really judge the strength of managerial candidates against such a low benchmark?

Mo can do what he wants if/when he gets control of the club, including sacking MA. I would suggest it makes more sense to at least give him a few months in the job myself.

My point is that I cant see any B&G voting for the board at an egm just because of a managerial appointment.

This is going to seriously affect MO's and MARKS bid and am dreading the EGM,Just reading OVF shows that there is a good percentage of people on here would accept Adams no matter what,I think av read somewhere that Mo as already got someone in mind to be our manager and I don't think its ADAMS,I don't know what MARKS thinks about whats happening.Adams may I hope want a brake from football and spend some time with his family,we need ADAMS to make a statement now so we can see were we stand ....

What are you on about Mark Simms for?

Hes not even involved in any bid.

Guest Tony Dyche
Much as I would like it to succeed, the youth system is not giving value for money (money that we havent got). Morsey is nothing to shout about (at least not yet) and does not justify its existence.

Exactly.

Adams does not want to do anything with the youth, but doe snit want to let anybody else do it either. Re-aapointing Adams will only see more years of decline as a club, whilst the team may on the surface improve very slightly.

Mo can do what he wants if/when he gets control of the club, including sacking MA. I would suggest it makes more sense to at least give him a few months in the job myself.

My point is that I cant see any B&G voting for the board at an egm just because of a managerial appointment.

If Micky wanted to come back that badly and if Billy Bratty had an oz of decency about him then they will wait until after June the 1st to appoint him.

Its only 3 weeks they have to wait

If Micky wanted to come back that badly and if Billy Bratty had an oz of decency about him then they will wait until after June the 1st to appoint him.

Its only 3 weeks they have to wait

I think you are right. Cant see actual contracts being signed until after the EGM. Butt nothing wrong with bratt offering one and MA agreeing verbally, subject to the EGM vote.

Thats a bit harsh. I dare say we will be hard pressed to find a manager who can match his record from the first time around.

Harsh but fair, there's a reason a manager with Premier League experience accepted a job in League 2 and since then he has Sheffield United's relegation as another blot on his CV. Let's also not forget that although he clearly improved us a lot from Glover, almost anything would have been a step up from that level of performance. We missed out on the play-offs last year and he didn't see the job through this year.

When you say "we will be hard pressed to find a manager who can match his record from the first time around" I feel you're setting very low standards for the club. 6 league wins in September 2010 aside, our form in August and October to December last year was far from brilliant and at one point in the previous season performances were so bad Adams transfer listed the entire squad. If Adams' time in charge wasn't preceded by Glover and followed by Gannon, I very much doubt his record at Vale Park would receive anywhere near the level of acclaim it does from some.

Youre all a disgrace, would rather put politics ahead of what really matters in football - the football team on the pitch! Were a football club not a business! Id take Micky Adams and a lifelong Vale fan like Bratt over Jose Mourinho and Mo 'Im not in it for the land, honest' Chaudry!

MICKY ADAMS AND BILL BRATTS ARMY! PVFC!!!

;)

Archived