onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peace

Jacko51

About time. Excellent news. I'm 39 and getting too old for all this mither. To Norman, keep up the fantastic work in transforming our wonderful football club, DO NOT take things too personally at times. To the Sentinel newspaper, in particular Baggers and Martin Tideswell, keep up the sterling work and do so with a clear, BALANCED framework in place.

Advert

Heard Smurthwaite on RS talking of his struggles and the need for some football expertise to help.

No shame in admitting it's too much for you and I'm sure there are plenty out there that could provide support to the club whether it be an investor or someone with a football background to lend a hand.

Heard Smurthwaite on RS talking of his struggles and the need for some football expertise to help.

No shame in admitting it's too much for you and I'm sure there are plenty out there that could provide support to the club whether it be an investor or someone with a football background to lend a hand.

Good post LV.Johnny Rudge?

I thought that NS sounded like he'd had enough on RS earlier.

But there's only so long he can talk about his lack of football experience, especially as he suggested that he'll put in £1M this year.

I think he's just ****** off with stupidity, wouldn't you be more than a annoyed if you had sunk a small fortune into a business, then were going to put another small fortune in?

Still it won't stop the rumour mongerers suggesting he wants to leave I guess and when he does in 5 days, 5 months, 5 years or 50 years they will be able to say they were right!

Now is definitely the time to back him and show support for what he has done and is doing for the club, sadly I think some will continually try to undermine him in anyway possible :(

So has there been a problem with the Sentinel then?

NS should look to bring in a football administrator if we can afford one..having connections with PVFC should not be part of the criteria but would be a bonus. And whoever it is must not clash with MA but should be in the background just dealing with day to day non-playing matters

I think he's just ****** off with stupidity, wouldn't you be more than a annoyed if you had sunk a small fortune into a business, then were going to put another small fortune in?

Still it won't stop the rumour mongerers suggesting he wants to leave I guess and when he does in 5 days, 5 months, 5 years or 50 years they will be able to say they were right!

Now is definitely the time to back him and show support for what he has done and is doing for the club, sadly I think some will continually try to undermine him in anyway possible :(

All of what you suggest are problems are part of owning a football club. He sounded as if he'd just realised what it was all about.

Undermine? No, just reasonable observations mostly IMO.

All of what you suggest are problems are part of owning a football club. He sounded as if he'd just realised what it was all about.

I agree, I think its just taken him a while to get to grips with running such a unique business, he's a success in life generally and he has been at Vale to date so I'm sure he will be ultimately.

I do wonder how 99% of the people on this board would cope in his positition, its easy to crticise and create or support rumours without knowing the inner workings of a business. So long as he continues to take the club forward in a legal manner I think he deserves support.

Well that would certainly be the ideal - not many have been in football as long as him and seen it all. It would certainly take the pressure off Smurthwaite.

What has JR been doing in recent years? How would MA feel about him coming in; what additional pressures would that create?

JR was a genius who did great things for PVFC but his time has come and gone

Whoever it is has to be in the background just getting on with the job..an anonymous figure in the background that we hear very little from..if anything it would be a waste of JR's talent and experience

What has JR been doing in recent years? How would MA feel about him coming in; what additional pressures would that create?

JR was a genius who did great things for PVFC but his time has come and gone

Whoever it is has to be in the background just getting on with the job..an anonymous figure in the background that we hear very little from..if anything it would be a waste of JR's talent and experience

I don't expect anyone to come in to start meddling with the managers job because it's not needed so MA should never have any issues.

It depends on what Smurthwaite feels he needs. Someone to deal with the media would be first on the list you feel. Someone to connect with Supporters on issues the Chairman would prefer not to deal with. Rudge would be a positive link from club to fan but of course it's only a suggestion.

It's up to the Chairman to decide where he feels he needs help and who the best person to do that is.

Archived