onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

'Drunk Tanks'

For Us All

Advert

We have to punish and protect and educate those who deliberately get drunk as part of having a good time.

I'm all in favour of charging people for their care for self inflicted drunkenness..maybe let them get away with it a couple of times to let them learn their lesson but after that they pay

I can't understand anyone who drinks to deliberately get drunk..pretty sad I reckon

drunk : affected by alcohol to the extent of losing control of one’s faculties or behaviour

Why does everything have to be a private enterprise nowadays? The motive will be profit driven and this as always distorts the nature of this style of operation.

I am more in favour of a blanket ban of advertising such products and industries (alcohol, tobacco, gambling, legal loan sharks etc) prevention is better than a cure but with all the vested interests in Westminster there's no chance.

Are you a reformed drunk JA?

Why does everything have to be a private enterprise nowadays? The motive will be profit driven and this as always distorts the nature of this style of operation.

It doesn't but if it's run by private companies then it's not a drain on the public purse

I am more in favour of a blanket ban of advertising such products and industries (alcohol, tobacco, gambling, legal loan sharks etc) prevention is better than a cure but with all the vested interests in Westminster there's no chance.

Why should responsible drinkers, responsible gamblers etc be denied the opportunity to know what products and services are out there? Prevention is more about education than banning advertising...why do people want to go out and get drunk..get the answers and we might be able to prevent them from doing so

It doesn't but if it's run by private companies then it's not a drain on the public purse

Why should responsible drinkers, responsible gamblers etc be denied the opportunity to know what products and services are out there? Prevention is more about education than banning advertising...why do people want to go out and get drunk..get the answers and we might be able to prevent them from doing so

Because it helps to protect to vulnerable, simple.

The drain on A&E at the week end is getting to breaking point having spent a night recently in A&E and seen the man hours wasted by the nursing staff and Police looking after wasted teenagers I for one am glad something is being done, if they can pay for the booze they can pay for the treatment

Archived