onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Whelan is crap official

Wise Owl

Advert

I agree with Tunstallpotter about this. Whelan isn't international quality but Ireland don't have anyone better than him so what else can they do? Same for Walters.

Eamon Dunphy wrote one good book in the 70s, a diary of his time at Millwall. Since then he's become a rent a quote gob***** for Irish TV. This is a typical hatchet job for him.

I agree with your opinion Tunstallpotter - Dunphy is a toxic toe rag, who makes bitter attacks to make headlines. He's not much of a man. Why pick on Whelan? Dunphy was a journeyman who didn't win half of Whelan's caps and can't bear the fact that his days are gone. He loves to pick a fight - his media spats are well known. He needs to crawl back under his stone.

I'm not Whelan's biggest fan but Eamonn Dunphy is a washed up no mark who talks absolute nonsense most of the time (in my opinion) The fact that Whelan has over 50 caps is a reflection of Republic of Ireland's current standing in world football as I don't see anyone better ready to step up, but to single him out amongst a sea of average international players seems a bit bizarre........

I disagree. Whelan is a very poor, and a lucky boy to be playing Premiership football. Ireland are useless, partly due to Trapattoni's tactics, and an average team. Very few of them want to play for the shirt anymore because they are spoiled rotten

and most of them need a good kick up the ****. Dunphy is right, and Giles is right about Paul Green , who is a dreadful player.

It's not the BBC , with panelists afraid to say the wrong thing. Maybe Lineker should just come out and say that several players on the English team are not doing their job for their country. It would make it more interesting. Alf Ramsey took no **** from anyone and won the world cup . England are more than capable of winning it in Brazil, but they need someone with more balls than Hodgson, and the players ned to put down the headphones, and listen.

I agree with Tunstallpotter about this. Whelan isn't international quality but Ireland don't have anyone better than him so what else can they do? Same for Walters.

Eamon Dunphy wrote one good book in the 70s, a diary of his time at Millwall. Since then he's become a rent a quote gob***** for Irish TV. This is a typical hatchet job for him.

Listen, Dunphy is right, and Giles agreed with him. I respect Giles more, and he said that on Friday night he just didn't care anymore with 15 minutes left in the match. Ireland are ***** , not just the Stoke players, all of them. The only one to put in a decent performance was Forde , the keeper. This is not an anti-Stoke jibe, but Whelan is dreadful, and Walters and Wilson were truly awful Friday night.

NI, ROI, Wales and Scotland are screwed..did you see that stat last night on how many players qualified for them played in the most recent round of PL matches? It was something like 9 Scots, 7 Welsh etc down to 2 for NI..that's across ALL the PL teams that were put out last week. Undoubtedly more in the squads (NI have 8 in total across all PL squads) but even so......

Out of date but indicative data...... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8689699/Premier-League-which-countries-are-the-players-from.html

Easy to criticise the current bunch but who's waiting in the wings to take over? Other than James McCarthy there's no one.......

They'll all have to think about starting their own academy's,giving preference to players who can turn out for their home country.

The penny will drop one day like it did in Germany thirteen years ago,look at them now.

Easy to criticise the current bunch but who's waiting in the wings to take over? Other than James McCarthy there's no one.......

I agree, and that's the real problem, there is no one to come in and take the reins, like Roy Keane, Liam Brady.

Trap told the players that they were no good, and they needed to play his way in a strict system. So I can only imagine the Stoke players going back to the club after spending a week with Trap. It may have affected their performances at club level, who knows? Trap was sacked today, so we'll see.

NI, ROI, Wales and Scotland are screwed..did you see that stat last night on how many players qualified for them played in the most recent round of PL matches? It was something like 9 Scots, 7 Welsh etc down to 2 for NI..that's across ALL the PL teams that were put out last week. Undoubtedly more in the squads (NI have 8 in total across all PL squads) but even so......

Out of date but indicative data...... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8689699/Premier-League-which-countries-are-the-players-from.html

I think you're right there Johnny. Liam Brady said last night that the future looks bad for ROI, with no players coming in

that can perform at International level. He also said that football in general is in decline.

Archived