onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burge training with Burnley

Ray Walker was probably the greatest Vale midfielder of modern times. Best £12k the Vale ever spent. Ryan Burge isn't in the same class yet. He may end up being - but not yet and maybe never. One of those things. Vale were right to get to get rid. He may turn out to be a great player but not with us. We/he need to move on.

Advert

Burge has potential and showed improvement when he played regularly for the first team. He needs to knuckle down and go where he can play regularly at the highest level of which he is capable. I would suggest that conference or possible League 2 is that level at the moment. However the fact that Burnley and Yeovil have had a look at him suggests that it might be higher. It is to his credit that he is willing to travel the country to find a suitable club. I wish him well.

Ray Walker was probably the greatest Vale midfielder of modern times. Best £12k the Vale ever spent. Ryan Burge isn't in the same class yet. He may end up being - but not yet and maybe never. One of those things. Vale were right to get to get rid. He may turn out to be a great player but not with us. We/he need to move on.

I have wondered a few times how Ray would have got on under MA. He was certainly hard and was known to leave his foot in and was a bit of a maverick at times. I loved him for it. Burge is nowhere near his class.

Off topic I know but to compare Burge to him is fanciful to say the least

Burge on trial on Yeovil now apparently.

I've read your posts and you say Burge doesn't read the game well and can't tackle?? You would rather have Griff? I like Griff, i think he would give us some, if not limited, options next season, but take a look at this....

Ryan Burge isnt fit to lace Ray Walkers boots even now.

Its a sign of how **** we have been over the last decade or so that players like Ryan Burge and Sam Morsy get creamed over.

I remember the James Lawrie lovefest on here a few years ago stating he was an international player.

So was Adnan Ahmed.

Ryan Burge isnt fit to lace Ray Walkers boots even now.

Its a sign of how **** we have been over the last decade or so that players like Ryan Burge and Sam Morsy get creamed over.

I remember the James Lawrie lovefest on here a few years ago stating he was an international player.

So was Adnan Ahmed.

Absolutely agree. The way some have been ver rated is ridiculous. People were saying Chris Martin would be a £2 million keeper when he first played for us, when it should have been obvious to anyone that he had aside limitations in his game. The odd thing is, that better players get the stick. Not world beaters, but quality for the league we were in, such as rico.

To compare burge with walker is nonsense. Burge isn't an 18 year old he should be hitting his prime right now. Walker in his prime was top of championship level. As for morsy, I always saw him as adequate back up midfielder, even in league 2.

I've read your posts and you say Burge doesn't read the game well and can't tackle?? You would rather have Griff? I like Griff, i think he would give us some, if not limited, options next season, but take a look at this....

Your link doesn't work, on my iPhone. I never said Burge doesn't read the game. Any professional footballer can read the game. Even Griff, otherwise he wouldn't get in the positions he does to make the tackles he does.

Giff and Burge are two totally different type of players so shouldn't even be composited. If you're relying on Burge to be your defensive midfielder then you're in trouble, likewise if you're relying on Griff to be your play maker.

A better comparison would be Griff v Morsy and lines v Burge. Give me Griff and lines any day of the week.

Its a shame his attitude spoils his ability, i'm sure other clubs will know of it and will only risk him if he has a really good trial period. If he knuckles down and becomes a team/club player he will be an asset to any league 1 or 2 club.

5 days to the start of the season and he hasn't been snapped up yet.

I think that tells its own story.

Means nothing,Stephen Hunt,Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Simon Church still haven't been snapped up either and they are all far better players?

Archived