onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Farage the anti-tax avoidance campaigner....

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

Cos unless there are people in that particular institution who will fight against it then it will self perpetuate; reform will come form inside. Pkus it's making a political point..not actually expecting the elected person to necessasrily make a differfene..how else will the voice of the anti EU be heard?

But surely if your aim is to get the UK out of the EU you should be targetting your efforts on the Westminster Parliament, which could make such a decision, an not the European Parliament, which can't? Also if you wish to fight against a particular institution like the European Parliament, surely your first target should be to attend the sessions and vote on the issues, yet UKIP has the worst voting record of any of the parties in the EU Parliament so what exactly are they doing there?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ukip-candidate-geoffrey-clarke-calls-1495957#.U4TdLN_ojWf.facebook

I could never vote UKIP, I believe they are the party of prejudice, but even if you don't believe that and voted for UKIP as a "protest" vote, can you really agree with this chap?

No, and neither could UKIP by the sound of it:

"A UKIP spokesman said: "UKIP reject the abhorrent views expressed in the personal manifesto of Mr Geoffrey Clarke.."

Also, sounds like he doesn't actually believe it himself:

"But Mr Clarke said that he does not actually endorse the provocative statements on his website.

"I do not endorse these ideas," he said later."

But surely if your aim is to get the UK out of the EU you should be targetting your efforts on the Westminster Parliament, which could make such a decision, an not the European Parliament, which can't?

Absolutely and come Westmisnter elections that will happen.There were European and local elections so obviously UKIP will target them when they occur; it's not about getting power in the EU parliament but highlighting the issues

Also if you wish to fight against a particular institution like the European Parliament, surely your first target should be to attend the sessions and vote on the issues, yet UKIP has the worst voting record of any of the parties in the EU Parliament so what exactly are they doing there?

They are well aware (in their opinion) that voting will achieve nothing in the European Parliament..their strategy is to draw attention to the issues by standing for election and somtimes winning and to 'scare' the major parties into change..they are realists as far as that is concerned.

The mere fact that all this debate is happening whether it be in this forum or in the EU parliament itself means they are achieving a degree of success through their strategy...they have got inside, they have 'scared' the major parties, they have 'scared' the EU institution itself into at least discussion.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ukip-candidate-geoffrey-clarke-calls-1495957#.U4TdLN_ojWf.facebook

I could never vote UKIP, I believe they are the party of prejudice, but even if you don't believe that and voted for UKIP as a "protest" vote, can you really agree with this chap?

Such a suggestion re abortion is sickening to say the least

I don't know which party you would vote for and don't want to know..but do you agree with every thing that every MP/councillor/candidate of that party says and stands for? Are you saying that if just one of their number voiced such sickening views that would be a reason not to vote for that party?

Can any poster tell me why we should stay in the EU that we have ended up with?

I believe that the economic benefits of staying in one of the largest markets of the world make it worth staying in Europe. I believe that the EU has morphed into far more than its original concept of a "common market" and that some of its powers should be curbed. I believe that one of the major parties has already promised a renegotiation followed by a referendum. I'm happy enough with that.

Now tell me why we should leave.

I believe that the economic benefits of staying in one of the largest markets of the world make it worth staying in Europe.

Why would leaving the current EU close that market to us?

I believe that the EU has morphed into far more than its original concept of a "common market" and that some of its powers should be curbed.

Powers, influence, constitution, already passed legislation, already agreed treaties need revisiting to reflect what the people want from the EU..we should be part of that process

I believe that one of the major parties has already promised a renegotiation followed by a referendum. I'm happy enough with that.

They can't promise a renegotiation, only an attempt at renegotiation. Plus if we vote to leave that's when the real negotiations start and there are no promises regarding that...indeed it's hardly mentioned at all. One of UKIPS major failings is they haven't said anything about the negotiations that would follow a 'let's get out of the EU' vote..and they would be absolutely crucial.

Form the Conservative manifesto

"if I am Prime Minister after the election, I will negotiate a new settlement for Britain in Europe, and then ask the British people: do you wish to stay in the EU on this basis, or leave? I will hold that in-out referendum before the end of 2017, and respect the decision.'

Personally i don't think the Conservatives will get in with a majority so this will not happen..and they know it. Another coalition will give them the excuse not to do it

Now tell me why we should leave.

I don't think we should, better to be in it with all the problems it brings and be part of changing it

However there is a strong argument as to why we should and the argument to stay in needs to be won and will only be won by the EU changing significantly

Archived