onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Slight Worry

Samwelo

I know we all want/expect to see some bigger signings than we have got used to over the past few years. However I am more concerned about us losing the core of our team. It's not always the best team that finishes highest, and I think I big part of our success was the cohesion our lads had last season. So a lot of you out there may say we can do better than Lofty or McCombe or Morsy but I feel we are losing something crucial, team spirit. And that's something that can't be bought. Ask QPR fans.

Advert

I think the reason they are negotiating with Loft as he is a popular player and captain. Think he'll be cracking also in League One, hopefully he'll be in midfield.

McCombe wasn't good enough, and as much as I'd have liked to see Morsy stay It is possible he would be a liability at times. Wonder if he'll find a league club willing to pay a fee for him?

I know we all want/expect to see some bigger signings than we have got used to over the past few years. However I am more concerned about us losing the core of our team. It's not always the best team that finishes highest, and I think I big part of our success was the cohesion our lads had last season. So a lot of you out there may say we can do better than Lofty or McCombe or Morsy but I feel we are losing something crucial, team spirit. And that's something that can't be bought. Ask QPR fans.

Id much prefer us to let the likes of McCombe go than see them playing for us in league 1.

I completel disagree. If your way of thinking was correct then we 'should' have struggled this season. With Griff, Rigg, Tommo and Richards (our captain) going the season before that could as easily be described as our 'core'.

Did we struggle, no we got promoted.

its not as the we have got rid of the core - they have not accepted the offer on the table - we've still got the core of the promotion side in place
There is little to be done when offers are not taken up, except to find replacements who will merge into the squad, hopefully of a higher standard. Problems happen when 9/10 players are brought in and form cliques and do not gel, not everyone will fit in, but most have to for the team to progress. MA had big turnovers at Leicester, he knows the score.

We had plenty of new faces last season at it worked a treat. I'm not overly concerned so long as we actually get the central midfield/defensive appointments right.

At the moment we don't have a core to the team at all, just a lot of the creative flesh. I'm sure he management are working long and hard to get the balance right as the engine room will be getting a complete overhaul.

Consistency is key.

I would have liked to see McCombe stay and would like to see Loft and Griffith sign new contracts(with Vale).

Three level heads who know the club. If they end up on the bench that'll be great news as we'll have brought in better players but they still have something to offer us.

Loft, captain last season and player of the year the prior season. Most versatile player. Would be missed. I wonder if issues over the captaincy could be delaying his signing.

Griff's seek and destroy is a tactic to employ next season when needed and will earn points. I don't see him playing every game but he makes an excellent squad player as he offers something nobody else in the squad does.

If we had to retain one of McCombe or Chilvers then rather McCombe for his affinity with club and almost every touch from Chilvers seems to go into the stands. This put us under pressure in League Two, it will put us under more pressure in League One. Alas.

Players that already know the squad definately have something over those new signings until the uncertainty is erased. Let's hope the new appointments fit in. The more players you lose the more players have to gel in pre-season, but that's where Micky comes in. He did a superb job last summer and i'm sure he will be looking at character and mentality of his this summers signings to make sure we get off to another flyer and create a new core to take us higher.

:upthevale:

Consistency is key.

I would have liked to see McCombe stay and would like to see Loft and Griffith sign new contracts(with Vale).

Three level heads who know the club. If they end up on the bench that'll be great news as we'll have brought in better players but they still have something to offer us.

Loft, captain last season and player of the year the prior season. Most versatile player. Would be missed. I wonder if issues over the captaincy could be delaying his signing.

Griff's seek and destroy is a tactic to employ next season when needed and will earn points. I don't see him playing every game but he makes an excellent squad player as he offers something nobody else in the squad does.

If we had to retain one of McCombe or Chilvers then rather McCombe for his affinity with club and almost every touch from Chilvers seems to go into the stands. This put us under pressure in League Two, it will put us under more pressure in League One. Alas.

Players that already know the squad definately have something over those new signings until the uncertainty is erased. Let's hope the new appointments fit in. The more players you lose the more players have to gel in pre-season, but that's where Micky comes in. He did a superb job last summer and i'm sure he will be looking at character and mentality of his this summers signings to make sure we get off to another flyer and create a new core to take us higher.

:upthevale:

Although I'm to be convinced he is good enough for league 1, chilvers was our best centre half in the last third of the season. Mccombe looked shaky most of the season.

And this idea that we should offer players contracts just to keep the dressing room happy is ridiculous. Perhaps we should bring back tommy fraser and dress him in a cheer leaders outfit if thats the case.

Although I'm to be convinced he is good enough for league 1, chilvers was our best centre half in the last third of the season. Mccombe looked shaky most of the season.

And this idea that we should offer players contracts just to keep the dressing room happy is ridiculous. Perhaps we should bring back tommy fraser and dress him in a cheer leaders outfit if thats the case.

The mind boggles at the thought of Tommy Fraser in a tutu leading the cheering crowd. Don't think it would go down well within his family! lol

Archived