onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Griff to return???

melv

Advert

We got 14 points in our last 10 games. Leyton Orient got 20 in the same period in a higher division. That tells me that Griff, sadly, is not good enough for League 1

Surely using that logic none of our players are good enough for league 1?

Sorry I completely disagree. He's extremely committed but isn't good enough for league 1, why are orient trying to get rid? He actually got pushed out of the team by a right back who converted to centre mid. I will be very dissapointed if he signs and I expect us to get better players in, not players who are worse than the likes of morsy and loft.

I disagree with you. Can you think of no other players that have left a team to move up a division, struggled & returned back to either the same club or a similar one & flourished again? Sometimes players just play better at certain clubs. Doesnt mean theyre any less of a player.

Worse than Morsy?! Griff was player of the year a couple of years ago & deservedly so. Morsy put in a couple of decent performances. Lets see eho Morsy turns out for next year. Burge doesnt seem inundated with Championship/Lg 1 offers as some predicted.

Sorry I completely disagree. He's extremely committed but isn't good enough for league 1, why are orient trying to get rid? He actually got pushed out of the team by a right back who converted to centre mid. I will be very dissapointed if he signs and I expect us to get better players in, not players who are worse than the likes of morsy and loft.

That's down to Slade preferring dreadful hoofball tactics and that doesn't suit Griff whatsoever.

How can you say he isn't good enough for League One based on his time at Orient? It's all about how he plays at Vale surely? There's plenty of players who have flattered to decieve at a higher level with certain clubs, been given another opportunity in the same division with another club, and flourished.

There's a thread on Orients message board, here's a couple of quotes. Sounds familiar to me.

"I always like Griffiths, away at Charlton last season it made such a change to see a big six-footer challenging and winning the ball, compared to the usual midfield dwarfs we had.

But after winning the ball, he usually passed it back to them."

"As good a tackler as anyone we've had over the last few years, but technically not up to League One standard.

His lack of control and wayward distribution was at times laughable."

I would have Griff back... but in a midfield three, so that he can sit in front of the back four, and just lay off passes to other more technical midfield generals. Otherwise we need more all round better players in the middle.

In this role, it would allow the wingers to push up the field more without our midfield being overrun, which was a major problem last year. Plus the full backs like Jones and Yates will be able to be attacking also.

Not good enough when he came back last year in too many games. Perhaps played ok in 3 games maximum.

We need players of Burges quality without the attitude! Griif inner good enough that's why Orient want rid.

Not good enough when he came back last year in too many games. Perhaps played ok in 3 games maximum.

We need players of Burges quality without the attitude! Griif inner good enough that's why Orient want rid.

Burges quality? Always getting overrun in midfield unlike griff. If much prefer to play against burge than griff. If we r playing with two wingers and a creative midfielder then griff has to play.

Burges quality? Always getting overrun in midfield unlike griff. If much prefer to play against burge than griff. If we r playing with two wingers and a creative midfielder then griff has to play.

We got overrun because we were playin with the two wingers an Vincent wouldn't track back. This was also against sides that played 3 in the middle. Griffiths or not we will still get overrun when the opposition have 5 mids and were essentially playing 2.

That's down to Slade preferring dreadful hoofball tactics and that doesn't suit Griff whatsoever.

How can you say he isn't good enough for League One based on his time at Orient? It's all about how he plays at Vale surely? There's plenty of players who have flattered to decieve at a higher level with certain clubs, been given another opportunity in the same division with another club, and flourished.

That's fair enough but based on what I've seen of him for vale I don't personally think he is good enough for league 1. I just think he's far too limited as a footballer for league 1.

We got overrun because we were playin with the two wingers an Vincent wouldn't track back. This was also against sides that played 3 in the middle. Griffiths or not we will still get overrun when the opposition have 5 mids and were essentially playing 2.

How many games did we lose wen griff came back? We will playing against better players next year so we need griff more than we need burge? I hope we can sign a quality ball playing midfielder along side griff.

How many games did we lose wen griff came back? We will playing against better players next year so we need griff more than we need burge? I hope we can sign a quality ball playing midfielder along side griff.

We didn't win many games when he was back either. I'd love to see a quality ball playing midfielder and another midfielder along side him - not griff step backwards IMO.

Archived