onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Woolwich stabbing/machete attack

JOHNNYAITCH

Not that you have to answer but you didn't answer me above when I asked what we, as citizens, can do to help integration if indeed it is us which is to blame....?

It is not wrong to criticise a religion but it is to blame it en bulk.

Sorry I thought I have answered that on numerous occasions throughout. Integration is like any relationship, two sided. It is the responsibilty of both parties to engage and understand one another and accept differences. That comes in a multitude of guises, be it engaging with your neighbours and neighbourhood, or in my experiences to parents of my kids friends or engaging via the PSA/PTA, board of governors, community groups etc. We are all ignorant in one way or another but I have never entered a mosque, but my kids have via school trips. I have been to temples, churches and synagogues. Extremism of any kind divides, unity can help conquer that. The only folk that want division are the EDL, BNP, Islamic extremists.

Off topic but when I had a mohawk and grannies use to walk on the other side of the road I felt it was my responsibilty to prove that the exterior was irrelevant and that you can be warm, caring and considerate with a leather jacket, mohican, ear rings and studded belt.

Advert

It is not wrong to criticise a religion but it is to blame it en bulk.

Sorry I thought I have answered that on numerous occasions throughout. Integration is like any relationship, two sided. It is the responsibilty of both parties to engage and understand one another and accept differences. That comes in a multitude of guises, be it engaging with your neighbours and neighbourhood, or in my experiences to parents of my kids friends or engaging via the PSA/PTA, board of governors, community groups etc. We are all ignorant in one way or another but I have never entered a mosque, but my kids have via school trips. I have been to temples, churches and synagogues. Extremism of any kind divides, unity can help conquer that. The only folk that want division are the EDL, BNP, Islamic extremists.

Off topic but when I had a mohawk and grannies use to walk on the other side of the road I felt it was my responsibilty to prove that the exterior was irrelevant and that you can be warm, caring and considerate with a leather jacket, mohican, ear rings and studded belt.

It would be wrong to label all followers of a religion with same tag, but it is not wrong to state a religion as a source of certain problems when it is an indisputable fact that it is.

I agree with what you say but this is not a 50-50 situation where both sides have an equal power to support integration, the ball is more so in the Muslims court than in ours. Like I said before, black immigrants managed to inegrate despite strong opposition. Recent reports, told us that Britain is one of the most tolerant countries in the world in terms of not having a problem with living next door to someone of a different race/faith and/or speaking a foreign language. Attitudes have changed massively since then yet they have failed to integrate on the same level as black people did.

A hundred years ago, people didn't get on which other for smaller differences. It has taken the best part of fifty years for black people to be accepted, some folk still don't accept and as you say there are more similarities than with the Muslim community. As the Billy Bragg song goes "I am sure we can find some common ground", in many cases in my experience it's been football, then I usually take the **** as the team of Muslim lads we sometimes play against all have Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, Madrid tops on.

Twenty five years ago I didn't understand or talk to any Muslims, experiences change you and I am glad that I have experienced differences positive and negative.

In the old days whenever we had a difference of opinion at work or in the community,we always used to sort out our differences over a drink in the local pub,all part of our culture.

See where the problem is?

Yeah ****ing Methodists!

Did you buy you prejudice from a shop or did you grow it yourself in the loads of sh !t that you talk?

No doubt you will be booing our new Muslim signing Kaid Muhammed?

Yeah ****ing Methodists!

Did you buy you prejudice from a shop or did you grow it yourself in the loads of sh !t that you talk?

From what I have read he's not a Muslim; he's from a Muslim background but he doesn't practice the religion.

However, the fact that he has such connections can perhaps be leveraged in a positive way if he's agreeable to that

From what I have read he's not a Muslim; he's from a Muslim background but he doesn't practice the religion.

However, the fact that he has such connections can perhaps be leveraged in a positive way if he's agreeable to that

We really are missing a trick by failing to attract the Asian community to our matches.

My parents always taught me to treat people as I find them, I know it's a simple approach to what is a fairly complexed issues but on a day to day level surely it's just about treating people with respect and recognising that whatever colour, race, religion there are good and bad people in all walks of life?

I never understand how people fall for these gross generalisations, the bulk of people the world over are just the same, working hard to provide for themselves and their families and following whichever God they find solace with (if religious obviously). Just basically living their life day to day and doing whatever it takes to survive.........

Absolutely- it's nice to be nice

I'm pretty much the same..you have my trust, respect etc until you do something to lose it

But what about those who aren't like that and/or have totally different views on what makes someone nice?

The trouble with us nice people is we think that other people are nice too:(

Accept you have different values and that you can't get along with everyone in life and move on. Life's too short...........

Yup, that's what I try to do..as long as they have the same attitude..if they won't move on, if they carry on 'doing stuff' that interferes with your life.

That's my whole point really, others don't have that 'accept move on attitude'...they might not be so nice as to just move on:(

Yeah ****ing Methodists!

If you mean Kaid Mohamed,I never boo Vale players,especially if they are rappers.:razz:

Archived